18 month speech...

Thomas only just said his first word at 18 months. It was 'bye' and he said it once. He's got very good language skills now. He comes up with weird things like "I comply with your request mummy" rather than just saying yes!

Thomas only just said his first word at 18 months. It was 'bye' and he said it once. He's got very good language skills now. He comes up with weird things like "I comply with your request mummy" rather than just saying yes!

How cute, not to mention smart! :)

At that age my son didn't say a thing. His only word at 2 was "no".

Now he is EXTREMELY bright for his age. He knows all his planets, colors, can read, starting to write, can do simple math, ect.

Milestones at this age are up in the air. It doesn't mean anything and I wouldn't get concerned at this age.

Haha, Boo44, my LO is also obsessed with the washing machine and does the hand motion to indicate the clothes going around too! He doesn't say zzzz though, he says 'ow, ow, ow', as I taught him the clothes go 'round and round and round', but he can't say it yet. :)

Hannah had 10-15 clear words at that age. It's completely normal :) her speech exploded at the age of 2 and she's not stopped talking since :lol: She did babble tons though

Rhys is already well ahead of her at 16 months. I've lost count of the number of words he says but mama and dada are NOT a part of his vocabulary :rofl: And yes he does the grunting thing to at times "uh uh uh uh". He doesn't babble at all

there really is a very huge range :)

Parker has hardly any words. maybe 5? (Mum, Dad, Dog, Up, Ta)

Since he learnt to shake his head for yes and no along with pointing - he hasn't had the need to use words as can communicate almost anything with that.

I know he has the understanding, as can follow most instructions, and points out body parts, and animals.

He also has said numerous words once or twice but then we never hear them again. He recently started with a Nanny who looks after some older children (3/4) and he is babbling a lot more, and you can hear him trying to sound out the words.

We have had a few people point out his lack of speech - but if were still in the same situation when he 2 I will seek advice but until then I will just leave him.

I've been wondering if maybe I should try and send him to nursery or play group one or two days a week to see if that will help.

Then this morning he was grunting and pointing at my English muffin and I said ' say please mummy' and he said please! I couldn't believe it. I've never asked him to say please before so god knows how long he has been able to say it.

Then later this afternoon I dropped a box of tea bags on the floor in the kitchen. He picked up the bags that fell out handed them to me and said ' tea, tea'. My mum said that at her house this afternoon he was rooting round the cupboard where she keeps tea and coffee- he picked up sachet of cappuccino brought it to the place in the kitchen where the kettle is kept and was telling my mum ' tea tea'

Where did this words come from lol!

My 15 month old only knows, 'hiya, daddy, yes, no and ta' I was worried that she was behind but it seems she's probably average for her age :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->