18 weeks barely any bump

cskme_

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm 18 weeks today and told a couple people at work (I haven't told many people at work as I don't want to start training anyone for my position yet) anyways everyone has been saying how small I am for 18 weeks. I'm 5'2 180lbs so I already have a fatty belly as it is but you absolutely cannot tell I'm pregnant, I wonder if I'll ever look pregnant lol. Anyways it has me concerned that there isn't enough amniotic fluid or something, I went for a private 3D scan on the weekend and I told her I want to come back later on when my little girl is bigger, she said come back around 25-26 weeks because it's feeling a bit "tight" I'm not sure if she means there's not much fluid?? I have no idea, does anyone know anything about this?

I'm not sure about the private scan but when I was pregnant I didn't get a bump till around 22 weeks and even then you couldn't really notice and then 28 weeks I got abit bigger and people could start seeing I was pregnant and not just a fatty as I had a little fat on my stomach before pregnancy
I didn't really get a big bump till I was 36 weeks and even then everyone said I was tiny for being nearly full term. This women was 3 months behind me and she was bigger than me when I was full term so it really shows that every women body is different

With my first I kinda just looked chubby until I was around 20wks. It seemed to happen overnight... I went to sleep looking a bit chubby and woke up looking very pregnant.

With my first i had a completely flat tummy until 25 weeks then overnight bang baby bump lol, i am now on my 5th and frankly you can have some of my bump as i clearly look about 6 months and even have the swing of a big preggo ( hips go one way, bump goes the other)

I'm showing at 19+5 this time around but last time I didn't show until 25 weeks :) totally normal

First pregnancy it took me a while to show, too. The second and third pregnancies... I already have a bit of a bump now at 16 weeks. I think when baby came out from behind the pubic bone, all my organs were like, "Oh, there's a baby again. Come on, let's rearrange and get this over with."

I bumped into a friend I havnt seen in a while, and told her I was going in for my scan, and she then asked me if it was my 12th week!

Funny as it's my 20th!

So, I hardly have a bump ;)

I think what the ultrasound tech meant by her "tight" comment is that by 25-26 weeks your baby doesn't have a lot of room to move around and it can be hard to get a nice picture of the baby. I don't think it has anything to do with amniotic fluid. If your doctor hasn't mentioned anything about your amniotic fluid I wouldn't worry. Plus amniotic fluid issues are quite rare.

As for showing ... I'm having twins and this is my first pregnancy so I don't have any experience for how early or late I would have shown if it was one. I definitely popped at 14 weeks and since have grown exponentially. But again, my situation is completely different ... 2 babies taking up space pushing my belly out.

I wouldn't worry, although I now it's hard. :hugs:

I think what the ultrasound tech meant by her "tight" comment is that by 25-26 weeks your baby doesn't have a lot of room to move around and it can be hard to get a nice picture of the baby. I don't think it has anything to do with amniotic fluid. If your doctor hasn't mentioned anything about your amniotic fluid I wouldn't worry. Plus amniotic fluid issues are quite rare.

As for showing ... I'm having twins and this is my first pregnancy so I don't have any experience for how early or late I would have shown if it was one. I definitely popped at 14 weeks and since have grown exponentially. But again, my situation is completely different ... 2 babies taking up space pushing my belly out.

I wouldn't worry, although I now it's hard. :hugs:

aw thanks for that! I have a bit of extra fat on my stomach so I think that is also hiding the roundness. When I lay down in bed I can feel how much bigger it has gotten since I first felt the little bump around 12 weeks. I had my 20 week scan last week (at 19 weeks) and everything seemed fine, I think they would have mentioned the amniotic fluid if they had noticed anything in this scan. It could very well just be the extra layer of padding I have on my stomach. I appreciate your comment :)

I bumped into a friend I havnt seen in a while, and told her I was going in for my scan, and she then asked me if it was my 12th week!

Funny as it's my 20th!

So, I hardly have a bump ;)

Lol I look at myself in the mirror and it just seems I have gotten fatter. There is absolutely no roundness to my stomach but it is definitely bigger and just looks like I've been eating too much. No one has even asked me yet if I'm pregnant, I haven't told work yet so they are probably just assuming I've been eating a lot lately lol

[/QUOTE]

Lol I look at myself in the mirror and it just seems I have gotten fatter. There is absolutely no roundness to my stomach but it is definitely bigger and just looks like I've been eating too much. No one has even asked me yet if I'm pregnant, I haven't told work yet so they are probably just assuming I've been eating a lot lately lol[/QUOTE]

Haha! I get that, my cheeks have become a little fuller, and even at my slimmest - around 145 something pounds, I still have a 'B' shaped belly, which now I know Iwill have to live with like forever, unless i lose most of my fat.
SO, as my 'bump' gets bigger, rather than a nice round bump, i just get a B stretching out! I've gotten over my dream of having nice round bump, that I see on larger ladies too.

It'll be your 20 week scan soon won't it?

Lol I look at myself in the mirror and it just seems I have gotten fatter. There is absolutely no roundness to my stomach but it is definitely bigger and just looks like I've been eating too much. No one has even asked me yet if I'm pregnant, I haven't told work yet so they are probably just assuming I've been eating a lot lately lol[/QUOTE]

Haha! I get that, my cheeks have become a little fuller, and even at my slimmest - around 145 something pounds, I still have a 'B' shaped belly, which now I know Iwill have to live with like forever, unless i lose most of my fat.
SO, as my 'bump' gets bigger, rather than a nice round bump, i just get a B stretching out! I've gotten over my dream of having nice round bump, that I see on larger ladies too.

It'll be your 20 week scan soon won't it?[/QUOTE]
I believe I am going to have a full blown B belly as well, I went out and got a few pairs of maternity pants the other day, they seem to help shape everything up a little bit. And yes my scan was last week at 19 weeks, I am having a little girl :) everything seems to be healthy, I have to see my OB next week and she will give me all the details

Aw, congrats on the little girl!! Is she your first?

My first is a girl too, and they can become awesome big bossy sisters! I'm having a boy.
And it took a couple of days to sink in, but very exciting!

ah, and I'm guessing pants as in trousers/bottoms? Good idea with smoothing lumps out ! :p

Aw, congrats on the little girl!! Is she your first?

My first is a girl too, and they can become awesome big bossy sisters! I'm having a boy.
And it took a couple of days to sink in, but very exciting!

ah, and I'm guessing pants as in trousers/bottoms? Good idea with smoothing lumps out ! :p

Yes she will be my first! My doctor was so excited for me, he said if you have a girl first it should make things easier than having a boy first. He said a lot of the time girls are neat and tidy and if you have boys later on they will learn off of the girl. But if you have a boy/boys first the girl may end up being loud and aggressive just like the boys. We will see! Lol. And yeah maternity trousers. I just got a few pairs from a second hand store, they can be a bit pricey brand new and it's not like they're going to be worn past the end of this year so why pay full price? But yes they smooth out the bump nicely lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->