18 weeks not feeling baby

BlushingBride

Reaction score
I thought I felt a few teeny movements right around 16 weeks and then they stopped. Maybe tiny something's here and there since then but nothing definite and nothing consistent. One little pop and that's it...done. With my first pregnancy I felt baby at 16 weeks very obviously and never stopped feeling him since. Not sure why the second time around I'm not feeling more sooner. Any one have a similar experience?

Hi I'm almost 21 weeks with my 4th baby and some days still barely feel anything, which is weird as with 2 and 3 i felt a lot by now. if it's your first it can take longer.

Could you have an anterior placenta? They make it harder to feel movement.

I don't have an anterior placenta. which is even stranger why i don't feel as much as 2 and 3

I'm feeling a lot less movement this time around too. I occasionally feel the smallest little taps if I really focus on them. Each time I've had a scan baby is lying facing my spine so I think that may be part of it. Hope you feel some strong kicks soon!

I don't believe I have an anterior placenta. I'm just getting really concerned because with my first, the first feelin at 16 weeks was STRONG. Even my mom and husband could feel from the outside and from there on out they were regular and constant. I'm constantly trying to see if I feel anything and I'm just not. My last appt was 2 weeks ago and I don't have another appt for 2 weeks. Not sure what to do. I've moved and switched Drs and this practice isn't as willing to have me to come in to check

Would you consider getting a Doppler? On the days im a bit anxious I use mine and it always makes me feel better.

Every pregnancy different, so what you felt with your last you might not feel with this one, some women don't feel their baby move to around 20 weeks and if you have an anterior placenta then it could be later than that

Hope you feel your baby move soon :)

I will be 19 weeks on Friday and I haven't felt anything yet. Of course this is my first.

I am 18 weeks and I don't feel anything. I was about to post the same question but I am glad to know that I am not alone.

I worry about this daily! I felt my dd at 15 weeks and was feeling regular, strong movement which hubby could feel from the outside by 17 weeks. With this pregnancy I have barely felt any movement. Certainly nothing strong or definite. I do have an anterior placenta though so I guess that's why. It's rubbish, I was so looking forward to feeling movement and it feels like it will never happen.

I'd love a Doppler but my dh doesn't want me to spend the money on one. He thinks it will cause me more anxiety and that everything will be fine. While I haven't had much stress this time around I'm starting to wish I had one for this issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->