18 weeks pg. Shall i go to hospital or just leave it?

immie

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask everyone's advice on whether or not i should go to hospital or just wait it out. Basically i've been having really bad sharp pain in my tummy and it goes right round to my back too, i had it a little last night in bed but it's been worse today and over the last hour or so got really really painful. I don't want to be a drama queen but as i had a miscarriage in April this year, anything scares me. Especially sharp pain and bleeding! I'm 18 weeks today so wouldn't have thought it'd be a miscarriage but i know it definitely does happen, even at this stage of pregnancy.

Shall i see what happens or go and get checked out because i'm hurting pretty badly and worrying like mad about baby:cry:

Are you bleeding??

If not then it sounds like either your uterus stretching or a possible UTI.

Call your MW and see what she says :hugs:

V sxxsx

If you've been bleeding I'd get down to the hospital pronto... It could just be braxton hicks contractions, but it's not silly to go to the hospital if you are worried. They'll put your mind at rest and hey, even if there's nothing wrong you will probably get a freebie ultrasound :D

Hope you feel better :hugs:

XxX

Phone up the hospital if it is out of hours for calling your midwife. A midwife on duty should be able to tell you if you need to go in for monitoring or not.

Hope everything is ok.

There's no way for any of us to be able to gauge your level of pain or know what is normal or not for you. If you're worried at all you should probably give a call to your OB or midwife.

Are you constipated? I know it sounds daft but when I get badly constipated the pains are awful and can last days (until I've managed to empty my bowels)

I'd give the NHS direct a ring and explain your symptoms and worries, they may refer you. Alternatively see if you can contact your local midwives for advice. I wouldn't care how unsure I was, I'd rather get that double check. :hugs:

Thank you:) No, no bleeding but i know this sounds disgusting. But earlier i did kind of have orangey/pinky CM. Didn't think anything of it really until this horrible pain started. Do you think it could be a bit of blood linked to the pain or just weird discolouration? xxx

Call the midwife, thats what I did when i got pains like that and she said to have a hot bath and take 2 paracetamol, it worked and i didnt have to go in, was just my uterus stretching xx

Since you have had a discharge as well, you should definitely get in touch with the hospital. You should have their number on the front of your green notes (or whatever colour they are where you live)
NHS direct will make you go through a whole load of call centre operatives and I have found them hopeless with pregnancy complications in the past. Might just be me who was unlucky though.
A quick call to the hospital ought to at least set your mind at rest. It could be nothing, such as constipation, or stretching, but nobody on here can know that so better safe than sorry.

If you are bleeding, call MW immediately. (sorry, not bleeding, but cm pinkyish....)

If you are scared/worried, especially after a previous mc, I would go to the emergency room. I had some bleeding in wk14, rang my ob/gyn (am private) and she gave a quick scan the next day to reassure me (plus needed anti-d injection as am O neg) -- it was a tender cervix in my case, but obviously, was worried and anxious....

best wishes

ps. not a drama queen, at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->