1st and hopefully only IUI today....my experience for those wondering about IUIs

just checking in....kissyfacelala are you waiting for your 2nd IUI results? I hope 2nd time was lucky for you! :dust:

springy I posted to you in another thread, good luck this cycle I hope its the one for you so all this ttc lark can be over :hugs:

my AF is due on Thursday or Friday and I fully expect her to come....this months cycle was not a great one... only 1 plus a cyst which they say isnt doing anything plus timing issues where we BD'd the day before hubby gave a sample for IUI so only 5 million. If I didnt get pregnant with 4 follicles and 29 million sperm I dont expect to with 1 follicle and 5 million sperm!! but you never know I guess.

Monica hoping you are having a great vacation!!!

Mary - had my day 3 scan today and got my injections. Sat down before dinner to give it to myself and within 2 min it was done and over with and I never even felt the needle! I am a needle phobe and it was SO easy!!! I definitely think I'm overcoming my fear of needles. Today when I had my blood drawn I didn't even need my iPod :)

Monica - still hoping you get your BFP and don't have to do any more of this like Mary and I are having to!!

I am so happy to hear the needle went well. Plus so proud of you for not using the ipod during blood:thumbup:! I am just charging mine so it's ready for Wednesday. You are much braver than me...lol.

After 4 days of spotting AF officially showed up today. I booked my Day 3 scans and needle training for 8:30AM Wednesday...thankfully my boss is out of town. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no cysts.

My DH is travelling for 3 days right around the IUI date. I'm hoping my timing follows last cycle and he can get in there on the Friday morning before he leaves. He has been doing this trip with his Dad and Uncles for almost 30 years and I would hate for him to miss it.

Monica - wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying your vacay and that you get your BFP!!!

Okay - so Day 3 success! No cysts!

I have two resting follicles around 11 and 12...they only put me on 37.5 Gonal F because they are worried about overstimulating.

The first needle did not hurt at all. Although I did cheat - had my husband do it for me. I chose my thigh instead of my stomach because I thought it might hurt less. I go back on Monday to see how I've reacted.

Good luck all.

Okay - so Day 3 success! No cysts!

I have two resting follicles around 11 and 12...they only put me on 37.5 Gonal F because they are worried about overstimulating.

The first needle did not hurt at all. Although I did cheat - had my husband do it for me. I chose my thigh instead of my stomach because I thought it might hurt less. I go back on Monday to see how I've reacted.

Good luck all.

Ya if you have an 11 and a 12 already they don't want to overstimulate too much! My day 7 scan is tomorrow ... I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I have 3 or 4 follicles this month. I might cry if I don't!!!

The needles have been ok all week this week - I don't find they hurt at all. It is all mental and looking at it going in is what bothers me the most!!! Hoping I don't need to many more meds as its $$$$$ .... I assume you just bought a 300IU pen if you're only on 37.5 IU?

QUOTE]

Ya if you have an 11 and a 12 already they don't want to overstimulate too much! My day 7 scan is tomorrow ... I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I have 3 or 4 follicles this month. I might cry if I don't!!!

The needles have been ok all week this week - I don't find they hurt at all. It is all mental and looking at it going in is what bothers me the most!!! Hoping I don't need to many more meds as its $$$$$ .... I assume you just bought a 300IU pen if you're only on 37.5 IU?

Good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes well. You are so right - the thought is the worst part of the needle. The meds are expensive...although not sure how much since I haven't gotten my bill yet. The Dr. told me around $350. I did buy a 300IU pen so should have plenty this round unless something changes on Monday. Keep us posted on your scan.

QUOTE]

Good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes well. You are so right - the thought is the worst part of the needle. The meds are expensive...although not sure how much since I haven't gotten my bill yet. The Dr. told me around $350. I did buy a 300IU pen so should have plenty this round unless something changes on Monday. Keep us posted on your scan.

Scan went well this AM - 2 for sure if not 3 follicles, I want to say 1.2, 1.1 and 1.0 (or another at 1.1). I am to inject another 150IU tonight and then back again tomorrow to see. Said after tonight they will probably reduce the amount of Gonal F .... Our clinic price for the 300 IU is $325 my 900 IU pen was $972! They won't dispense our drugs till we pay - must be nice to get a bill.

When do you go back?

Great news - you were hoping for more than one folly and you got it! I really hope you are done with the needles. Are you doing them yourself? I'm just not sure if I could.

I go back on Day 8 - Monday @ 9:15am. I'm hoping they tell me to stop my needles that day...lol. If not I need more needles because my pen only came with 5.

My poor hubby has an ear infection and a cold. He's on antibiotics and I really hope it doesn't mess up his swimmers.

The pharmacy at my clinic has my benefit info and my credit card. They try my benefits, get the big fat no, and then charge my credit card. I usually see the charge a couple of days later.

Snowbunny
i hope everything works for you i go for my day 3 u/s tommarrow which is saturday so i am hoping no cyst please wish me luck

Great news - you were hoping for more than one folly and you got it! I really hope you are done with the needles. Are you doing them yourself? I'm just not sure if I could.

I go back on Day 8 - Monday @ 9:15am. I'm hoping they tell me to stop my needles that day...lol. If not I need more needles because my pen only came with 5.

My poor hubby has an ear infection and a cold. He's on antibiotics and I really hope it doesn't mess up his swimmers.

The pharmacy at my clinic has my benefit info and my credit card. They try my benefits, get the big fat no, and then charge my credit card. I usually see the charge a couple of days later.

At today's scan (day 8) there are actually SEVEN follicles!!! They do not believe that a few of them will actually make it as they are smaller than the others. Once again asked me to reduce my dose tonight down to 75IU as I have responded really well..

HORRIBLE time getting blood this morning - tried both arms and eventually had to use my left hand to get it. The nurses are so good with me and I managed to make it through with no issues all on my own!

As for me - yep do all my injections myself and am finding them really easy. Its all in my head when I look at it - if I could inject it without looking then it would be even easier than it already is ;)

As for the antibiotics affecting DH sperm .... spermies are made about 3 months in advance so anything he's giving you this month as a sample was made months ago so I wouldn't stress about the drugs. Worry more about him getting better and being able to give a sample next week when its needed :)

Anything exciting planned for the long weekend??

Snowbunny
i hope everything works for you i go for my day 3 u/s tommarrow which is saturday so i am hoping no cyst please wish me luck

How did it go today mrsdavisthe1? Hope all went as planned.

Carolyn - so happy for you! Seven is awesome! When do you go for your next scan?

No big plans for the weekend. We have a couple of family bbq's, some mtn biking and that's about it. Oh, I should probably get a new computer too! I'm just taking it easy and getting ready for Monday. HOw about you?

hi everyone u/s baseline went well no cyst which i was prasing god. i start my 50mg of clomid today and later next week i have to wait for a call from the place that sends the injection medication to me and they will overnite them to me i go on the 12th for another u/s
How is everyone else?

Carolyn - so happy for you! Seven is awesome! When do you go for your next scan?

No big plans for the weekend. We have a couple of family bbq's, some mtn biking and that's about it. Oh, I should probably get a new computer too! I'm just taking it easy and getting ready for Monday. HOw about you?

Ya - I was shocked when he said 7! Today when we went he said that most likely 2 or 3 of them won't be mature enough when we trigger ovulation so that will put me with the ideal 4 or 5 follicles. Just need one sticky bean right?!?

We had friends over for a BBQ tonight but it was too hot out for the baby to be outside so really hubby BBQ and we sat inside and socialized!

Good luck Monday morning! Let me know it goes :) praying you get the follicles developing like I did on Gonal f!

hi everyone u/s baseline went well no cyst which i was prasing god. i start my 50mg of clomid today and later next week i have to wait for a call from the place that sends the injection medication to me and they will overnite them to me i go on the 12th for another u/s
How is everyone else?

Yay for no cysts! Good luck with the clomid. My advice would be to take it at night - less chance of side effects!

Thank u springy thats wat ive been tld im already feeling nausous and this is my first day taking them so i hve to take two 50 mg which is 100 i hope it wrks

At today's scan (day 8) there are actually SEVEN follicles!!! They do not believe that a few of them will actually make it as they are smaller than the others. Once again asked me to reduce my dose tonight down to 75IU as I have responded really well..

HORRIBLE time getting blood this morning - tried both arms and eventually had to use my left hand to get it. The nurses are so good with me and I managed to make it through with no issues all on my own!

As for me - yep do all my injections myself and am finding them really easy. Its all in my head when I look at it - if I could inject it without looking then it would be even easier than it already is ;)

As for the antibiotics affecting DH sperm .... spermies are made about 3 months in advance so anything he's giving you this month as a sample was made months ago so I wouldn't stress about the drugs. Worry more about him getting better and being able to give a sample next week when its needed :)

Anything exciting planned for the long weekend??

Hey,

You are one day behind me I think. I am on day 9 now and have to go for a further scan tomorrow and they want me in on wed or thurs, but they are still to decide.
We are trying IUI naturally with no drugs to start with, due to early menopause running in the family. So far my 3 follies still look quite small, keeping my fingers crossed they'll do a lot of growing before wed.

After your IUI, will you rest? I've heard some people say its good to and others just go back to work. I'm a teacher and its the first week of a new term, pretty bad timing for my boss.
:flower:

Pixie - I have had 2 IUI before and have always gone back to work, mind you I sit at a desk and so it's not strenuous. I had extensive discussions about working out, running, playing sports etc and there is NO evidence that working out will effect implantation. One month I did nothing after my IUI and went stir crazy. The next month I went to the gym but just took it easy and didn't go full out.

I have to go back again tomorrow morning as my follicles still are not ready to be triggered and I now have an additional 2 follicles! Im really upset because I am now in jeopardy of losing the cycle because of too many!! Ughggg talk about a roller coaster.

hey...boarding to paris in 20 minutes...having a fabulous time....

AF showed up again.....onto cycle # whatever...lost count...oh well try again soon....

hugs

hey springy! how are you doing? how many follicles do you have and is your IUI this week? what meds are you on? Im on CD2 and going to Mount Sinai tomorrow and will ask to switch to injectables (3 months on clomid is enough and this month I only have 1 follicle). I would love to know more about yours as I dont know much about injectables. hope this is your month :flower:

kissyfacelala glad you are having a nice time and sorry the witch got you, Im CD2 myself and ready for another cycle, hope the next one is going be good for both of us!!

hey...boarding to paris in 20 minutes...having a fabulous time....

AF showed up again.....onto cycle # whatever...lost count...oh well try again soon....

hugs

Hey Monica - so sorry the witch got you.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"