1st appointment not set till 10+2?

dragonfly26

Reaction score
So super annoyed, today at 4+3 I called to set up my first appointment with the Doctor I used with my dd and they didn't set the appointment until I will be 10 weeks 2 days. Doesn't this seem late? With my first I went in 7+4 and my 2nd at 8 exactly. By then I'll probably be able to find the heartbeat on my home Doppler. And then what the the nt scan two weeks later, for Petes sake, might as well just wait and do it all together (not really just pretty crabby about it). The lady did say she was new when setting up the appointment, wonder if I should call back and double check? Idk. Just needed a rant.

Call back and ask for an earlier appointment. My first prenatal with the NP was in the middle of my 8th week I believe and my first appointment with the OB is at 11+3 .... If your doc office skips the whole "chatting with the NP" part then maybe your dates are correct. They told me the first time I would see the doctor was after 11 weeks.

Hi Dragonfly, Congrats :hugs:

I made an apt with my Dr at 5wks & had to go back at 6 weeks to get paperwork underway to send off to hospital so midwife could contact me, i had my midwife booking in apt at 11wks & then my scan at 12wks, its quite common in UK now

Thanks for the reply ladies, guess I was just counting on seeing baby sooner than that, So just feeling disappointed. Boo! So out of curiosity do you have your nt scan at your first appointment then? No dating scan?

My nt scan was at the daying scan aswell, i had an early scan at 7wks due to a previous ectopic tubal pg but usually in UK theres no scan until 12wks unless you pay privately,

My first appointment (booking) isn't until I am 11 weeks and my scan is booked for 12+5 😡
I'm 10 weeks but still seems a lifetime away!!😢

Im in the same position! I called at 5 weeks pregnant. The receptionist said "there's no rush for an appointment" booked 3 weeks later 8 weeks. Now I'm over 9 and I'm sat waiting for the midwife to send me a letter with an appointment. It's going to delay my scan too it's so frustrating x

I think this is becoming more popular. Ive never had an actual appointment (aside from pee test and then blood test) before 8 weeks. With my second, they wouldnt see me until 10 weeks.

Im only 3w4d now and I havent even called my doctor. I know theres nothing that they need to do at this point beside a pee test and then a blood test. Im taking my prenatals. I'll call them in 4-6 weeks unless I feel like something is wrong. The less I have to go over there with my other littles, the better! Im super excited that they only do appointments every 8 weeks until 28weeks, and then you move to every 4 weeks until 36. Once you hit 36 weeks youre on every 2 weeks until delivery.

With my first, I wanted to be in there all the time. I think it was a comfort thing. Just to know that everything is ok. But learn now to trust your body. It'll help you during labor, I promise!

I haven't even called to make my appointment yet and I'm 10w2days. Partly because I don't have my insurance yet, as well as I don't want to change OB's and I moved away from my old one :(.
When I was pregnant last year they wouldn't see me until 8 weeks for the basic history and I didn't even see my OB until after 10w. I think I've seen that doctors wait a bit longer than they used to!

Im in the same position! I called at 5 weeks pregnant. The receptionist said "there's no rush for an appointment" booked 3 weeks later 8 weeks. Now I'm over 9 and I'm sat waiting for the midwife to send me a letter with an appointment. It's going to delay my scan too it's so frustrating x

No rush for HER!!!

I don't see an issue with that because in reality having early scans freaks people out and a fair amount of time for no reason things turn out ok. Unless you have previous losses and need extra monitoring. I had my nurse appointment at 9 weeks and I am 11 weeks and have my very first scan tomorrow. I know all we do is worry like mad but in reality not a lot can be done or seen early btw im like queen of panic I had a bleed at 6 weeks and not had a scan since that night in the ER and was not allowed to see my baby so I am like constantly worried about every ache and pain. You will get there even if it drags arse time wise. :hugs::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->