1st Appt. Friday! Nervous about BMI/Glucose

Missy08

Reaction score
Hello! I'm 9 weeks pregnant and have my first appointment Friday. This is my 3rd pregnancy. With my first I didn't do the glucose testing until the normal 20 weeks or so. With my second, I had to do the 3 hour test at my first appointment, because I have a higher BMI. I did not have GD with either pregnancy.

My question is, has anyone else had to do the glucose test early? I really don't want to have to do that on Friday :( but I kind of need to plan ahead since it'll be a super long appointment. BMI is about the same as with my 2nd but that was about 4 years ago and am now at a different Dr.

Thanks!

My last pregnancy (2nd) I had to do it early. I was *just over* for BMI so they made me. It was only the 1 hour, though. I just had to do it early.. then later. I imagine I might be doing the same this pregnancy as I'm about the same as I was then. We'll see!

I have a high BMI and I had glucose testing last pregnancy sometime after 20 weeks I cant remember exactly, and this pregnancy Im 19 weeks and they still havent mentioned anything. Maybe it depends on where you live? Im in the US.

Mine offered and i declined. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i havemt had GD in either. Just took the 27 week glucose test and passed fine.(my bmi is high and was this high in prwgnancies 1 and 2 also) i recently had a physical where they did an a1c test which was fine too. This was the the 1st time i was offered it early and i didnt see the point. Talk to your dr about it. This was a new dr for mw and given my history she didnt make a big deal out of it

Ok, thanks everyone! I may ask questions this time if it's brought up to do early again. The 3 hour glucose test is really hard for me to stomach so I'd rather not do it (possibly) twice unless I really need to. I'm not quite as worried since I haven't had GD in my previous 2 pregnancies (although I know each is different).

xSamantha, when did you have to do your first 1 hour?

I think it’s a damn shame to put you through that so early. I also have a high BMI and my first pregnancy they got on me about it, passed my GD test just fine at 26 weeks. This pregnancy I was about the same, about 12lbs lighter and not once did they feel the need to my GD test early. Did it at 25 weeks and passed. Just because you’re bigger is no indication of having GD. Sure, maybe a higher risk but doesn’t guarantee it. The skinniest of people can have diabetes.

I have had a high BMI with both my pregnancies and have not had to do the glucose test early, but I also passed with my first pregnancy (going to do my glucose test tomorrow with this one). Did you pass with your first one?

I have had a high BMI with both my pregnancies and have not had to do the glucose test early, but I also passed with my first pregnancy (going to do my glucose test tomorrow with this one). Did you pass with your first one?

This is my 3rd pregnancy and passed just fine with first baby. Second baby I had to test at my first appointment then again around 26 weeks and passed both those fine as well! Honestly, not even sure I could physically stomach it at this point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->