1st baby early = subsequent babies early??

L

lepaskilf

hi, my lo is 8months old now and was 4wks early, not too early I know, but I've heard that it tends to happen again, with each baby afterwards? Tom spent 10days in SCBU, not as long as some of you're beautiful strong babies but still long enough for me! and I never want to go through that again!

I'm hoping someone on here can prove this wrong!

I went into labour with my little girl at 6months and she sadly died a few mins before birth. Then my little boy came early too-but there was a reason for that-which I wont explain on here-see my sig- and he only lived for 2 days....

I know alot of mums who have had babies early hun-both early early and early, but not too early iykwim... and they went on to full term next time....overdue infact. So it can happen. :hugs:

I had 2 35 weekers then a 33 weeker, all from different causes, 1st HELLP sydrome, 2nd PPROM and 3rd placeta preavia (with preterm labour)

I could just be unlucky, you do hear of other women having a very early baby then an overdue baby:hugs:

mine go over due but my sister had her 1st at 36 weeks 2nd at 38 weeks 3rd at 29 weeks placenta had broken away! and her 4th at 39 weeks hope this one gets comfty in there for you :hugs:

I was 3 weeks to a month early (my mother's 1st) but both my siblings were on time (1 was 3 days early, other 3 days late).

hi, my lo is 8months old now and was 4wks early, not too early I know, but I've heard that it tends to happen again, with each baby afterwards? Tom spent 10days in SCBU, not as long as some of you're beautiful strong babies but still long enough for me! and I never want to go through that again!

I'm hoping someone on here can prove this wrong!

Hi! :flower: After having my gorgeous little Ellis at 32 weeks, my hubby & I had a meeting with the obstetrician to discuss why he might have arrived early and what the risks/monitoring might be for future pregnancies. There was no reason for Ellis's early arrival and we were told there would be a 1 in 3 chance of a future early birth again. Despite this we are not put off but I want really close monitoring e.g. cervical scans. I guess staying positive and as stress free as possible has to help as well of course being closely monitored. We plan to start TTC towards the end of the year - having another premmie will of course always be at the back of our minds but we can't let it take over :baby:

well it seems it can vary! Thanks for ur replies. I'm not WWT yet but just thinking ahead.

We don't know the reason tom was early, just that I was 3cm when waters broke exact a month early, reckon that had been happening for a couple of wks, got contractions confused with urinary tract infection!!

thanks for replies xx

My SIL had her first at 31 weeks and 2nd at 30 weeks due to preeclampsia. Both doing great now thankfully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->