1st Fertility Consultation

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
So just got back from our first appointment with the consultant. They went through some of the normal questions ie smoking status, medical conditions, what our primary testshave showed. They said my OH SA was fine. He's got a very good count and normal motility and Morphology. They said that they want me to have a repeat day 21 blood test, a repeat transvaginal ultrasound (last one was 2yrs ago), to have a chlamydia blood test (compulsory). Then I have to wait until December for another clinic appointment. She said that it could be Pcos even though the last scan done over 2yrs ago was negative they want to double check nothings changed. I forgot to ask the Dr if I have to wait until Decembers appointment to look at starting clomid.

Xxxx

I think I am going to go back on the agnus castus whilst i wait for any treatment to start, do u girls think this is a good thing to do as also worried it will affect the results on my tests if I am taking vitamins incase it makes them less accurate?? Can you suggest anything else I can do myself?? Any other supplements and/or foods which may help with ovulation?? Xx

Have you had tubes cleared or lap surgery to see if you have any scar tissue?

My doc had me taking COQ10- its a vitamin that suppose to help with egg quality. If you aren't temping, temping could help your doc, the next time you see him/her, be able to see if you are for sure ovulating and what your cycles are like. Just take your temp every morning(before you get out of bed) at the same time and put it on a line graph or in an app they have on your phone. (This was the best info I ever received to give to my doctor for him to help me and it was free) Good luck! Hope you get a surprise before December appointment!

Haven't had any testing to see if my tubes are clear, she did mention it but she wanted me to get the blood tests for chlamydia and another day 21. And also wants to have another transvaginal USS as she said it sounds like I have Pcos but the Last scan 2yrs ago showed I didn't. Just feel like I'm gonna be left for 6months to wait around for all these results :( feel a bit disappointed as thought I would be starting some treatment over the next couple of cycles, maybe I'll give them a call in the week to clarify if I will be seeing anyone to start some treatment before December.

As for temping it's something I have struggled with as I am a fulltime nurse doing days and night shifts and there is no pattern to them so don't know if temping would give a reliable result.

Thanks for all ur advice xx

The wait is the most frustrating part. I had to wait such a long time, but I used that time to get into shape, started to eat right etc. I have pcos. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->