1st jabs today:( any advise or tips??

JWandBump

Reaction score
I'm so worried about today, anyone got any advise or tips?? I have no idea what to expect there or after she's had them :s

She will be fine hun. I was really worried about them too. My boys cried for a bit but were perfectly normal afterwards.
It is hard to watch though.

:hugs:
xxxx

Not sure about the first jabs but after the second lot my LO had green poo for about a week. I was worrying something silly until someone finally told me it was a common side effect!

I'm sure bubba will be fine! :)

Daphne wasn't really affected by her 1st ones much they gave us capol just incase but we didn't need to use it and she only cried for about 3 seconds and then was back to smiling at the nurses. She is always super hungry after she has her jabs though I don't know whether it's a common side affect or just because she's a little piggy

Bethany's been fine after all her injections. She cried for a little while, but have a bottle ready and LO will soon quieten. After her nap, Im sure she doesn't even remember going out the house nevermind injections

My advice would be:

Give LO calpol before you go, it can't hurt and will help if they do experience any bruising afterwards

Take tissues (for you not LO!)

It all happens quite quickly, you will hold LO on your lap and take a tight hold of their arm and leg whilst they jab the upper thigh, then you have to quickly turn LO round and then they'll do the same with the other leg. Make sure LO is wearing something that's easy to expose the leg area and easy to put back on afterwards. Be ready for a big howl after the first jab, your instinct will be to cuddle them but you just have to turn them round quickly and do the next one before you can start the cuddles!

If you BF, I always found putting LO on the boob as soon as we go tinto the waiting room calmed her down a lot! She was pretty grouhy and sleepy for a few days after each set, but it passes. Oh, and be prepared for the horrible nurses, I'm sure they volunteer for the job!

:| i didnt know we had to hold them still ourselves :(

My nurses make is a team effort and do a jab in each leg both at the same time so it's all over in seconds. I can't hold her though, I demand that my OH takes time off work to come with me and do it. I just take the easy way out and try to distract her during and comfort her afterwards

It will be harder for you than LO. Isaac screamed for a few minutes and then was really sooky and sleepy after that he was fine. :hugs:

noah was fine during injections i had heard giving them a dummy helps occupie them. as i dont give noah a dummy i fed him whilst they were being done and he didt seem to mind just wimperd for about 3 seconds. ther not as bad as you think as you get to cuddle them while it happens so try and keep calm then they cant sense your worried.

Afterwards noah slept all day and night minus a few feeds so that was nice for a break if i must confess. i just kept monitering his temp which was fine just made him drowsy i think. the day after he was back to normal :)

xx

My advice would be:

Give LO calpol before you go, it can't hurt and will help if they do experience any bruising afterwards

Actually current medical advice says not to give pain relief beforehand, or even afterwards unless you baby is in obvious pain. It can hinder the effectiveness of the jabs. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->