• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st midwife appointment

sproutly2003

Reaction score
I'm due my 1st midwife appt on the 12th nov, I'll be 9+3. What will she need to know? Will it be family history stuff? My mum passed away several years ago, and my dad can't remember what happened yesterday, bless him. And as for my husbands side of the family, his mum is adopted, and he has no contact with his dad, so I'm worried I won't know how to answer her questions.

They do ask about family history of things like asthma, diabetes, allergies and other conditions but I'm sure that if you explain the situation, they'll understand. Make sure you have a full bladder. I made the mistake of going to the toilet before my appt and couldn't give a sample. Doh!

They want an idea of family history. If you don't know it then you can't give it. They are more interested in things that can happen during pregnancy (like gestational diabetes) and things that happen to babies (like genetic abnormalities). They will also want to know if your related to the babies father.

My little sis is adopted so when she saw her midwife she just had to tell her straight out she didn't know and why.

Dont worry my situations quite similar to yours but they just wanna know what you know off the top of your head ie does your mum or dad has diabetes, are you related to OH.. OHs family don't matter that much tbh.

Full bladder like above says and you'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->