1st night in washable and 1st night sleeping through

eldar

Mama to Wyn and Will
Reaction score
Coincidence -maybe? Bloody brilliant - yes!

Last night was the first night that Wyn went to bed in her pop-ins with the dri night booster in them. I did a dream feed at 11pm and expected to be up feeding and changing her again at 3am'ish like usual.

But no! at 4am I'm looking at a sleeping baby wondering why I woke up and at 7.30am I get little noises from the crib letting me know shes awake! 8 hours sleep!

I am wondering if she made it through because the nappy kept her comfy rather than the disposables being 'full' by 3am and waking her up by being irritating. I was putting off using the pop-in's at night as they were so bulky on her little body with the extra booster, but it seems she slept well.

So nearly 4 months into the broken nights of new motherhood and after the last 3 months of pregnancy getting up for loo trips - That is the first night in 7 months I have only woken up once, and only for a moment of checking the crib (aliens hadn't taken her) Fingers crossed tonight we all sleep through!!!! :happydance:

Awww thats brilliant!!! Teatime last night was the first night I put Matthew in reusables and he fell asleep just after 10pm which is so much better than 1am bedtime! Though I did have to wake him to change his nappy because he'd been wearing it since 6pm :dohh: Did not expect him to fall asleep so early!

I think it might be the cloth bum you know...abigail did the exact same, has been sleeping 6 hrs (and more sometimes) since being in a fluffy bum at nights as well as day....

i was thinking it was coincidence but shes been doing it literally since we put her in cloth at night!

:D cloth 1- sposies 0

Woo hoo, thats fab :D

Hope it lasts. As soon as mine did it once, they never woke again - it was like a switch that said "sleep through the night!" I always used cloth overnight, right from day 1 and all 3 of mine went through all night from 6 weeks! I know I was dead lucky, but maybe is was because I didn't use sposies! Never thought of that!

Funny you should mention this. We had our first full cloth day yesterday and it went fine so I decided to put him in the one Flip that I bought for overnight just to try it out. We go through phases of him waking at about 4am just to be turned over and re-settled and we are in the middle of one of those phases now. But last night he didn't wake.
Now to see if the magic cloth nappy effect can cure him of his new opinion that 5.30am is a good time to get up and play...

PS Oops - novice error this morning. He hadn't pooed before he got up which inevitably means that he poos as soon as he has had his breakfast. So what do I do? I put him straight into one of his nice shiny clean new nappies with no fleece liner. Five minutes later I have sacrificed the nappy for the sake of a tiny bit of poo that the liner would have caught. Doh!

I happened again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and this time I slept through as well, so odd to be woken by daylight! 7am is a very respectable wake up time!

:happydance::cloud9::sleep::dance::yipee::headspin::wohoo::loopy::bunny:\\:D/=D>

(okay, possibly an excessive use of smilies - but thats the first time in 7 months I've slept though a whole night!)

:drunk:

We put LO in cloth the other night as we'd run out of pampers...and it was fab! I was worried it would be soaked, but it wasn't at all! So now we are 24/7 fluffy bums!:happydance:

Yay for sleeping through in fluff :D I haven't had an unbroken night's sleep in about a year :shock: Would be lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->