1st pregnancy. Worried about EVERYTHING and soo many questions

Aw Thank you so very much! :) Unfortunately I don't revognise the number (I'm in the UK)? I spoke to a midwife on the phone today who calmed me down a bit and I told my mum I'm pregnant and she's going to. Pay for an early scan for me bless her! :) will (hopefully :s) feel better after that

Congrats Waffle! Would be nice to have a buddy lol feel do alone when you're too early to tell people!

Sorry have only just seen your reply! I know what you mean it is lonely when you can't tell people, bless ya, when do you plan on telling everyone? I have told people now so glad or I think I would have burst!! :happydance:

With my first, before I knew I was pregnant I had jus been to the dentist and had X-rays, cleaned my oven with oven cleaner and had a hot steamy bath, seems you shouldn't do any of those things lol. It did not harm baby, if anything he is as bright as a button. I also suffered severe hyperemesis which could result in him being mal nutritioned but he came out a whopping 9lb1oz it was me who suffered not him, they even say now that one drink in moderation won't harm baby apparently. So much new research is coming out all the time. Now you shouldn't eat hummus I did with both my others because it wasn't known then, I think just be aware, what's happened already can't be helped but baby was a ball of cells up until 4 weeks and many people don't realise they are pregnant till then, imagine half the stuff people get up to out there and still go on to having a healthy baby. Good luck!

Wooot? Why is hummus bad? Eeek! I love hummus and had loads yesterday thinking I was being healthy! Booo!

With my first, before I knew I was pregnant I had jus been to the dentist and had X-rays, cleaned my oven with oven cleaner and had a hot steamy bath, seems you shouldn't do any of those things lol. It did not harm baby, if anything he is as bright as a button. I also suffered severe hyperemesis which could result in him being mal nutritioned but he came out a whopping 9lb1oz it was me who suffered not him, they even say now that one drink in moderation won't harm baby apparently. So much new research is coming out all the time. Now you shouldn't eat hummus I did with both my others because it wasn't known then, I think just be aware, what's happened already can't be helped but baby was a ball of cells up until 4 weeks and many people don't realise they are pregnant till then, imagine half the stuff people get up to out there and still go on to having a healthy baby. Good luck!

Wooot? Why is hummus bad? Eeek! I love hummus and had loads yesterday thinking I was being healthy! Booo!

I think its only in New Zealand/Australia where hummus is a no-no its not on the no list here in the UK

I think its only in New Zealand/Australia where hummus is a no-no its not on the no list here in the UK

Thank the lord for that, I'm a hummus addict! :happydance:

This post has been very reassuring for me. I am 4w4d pregnant at the moment and have been having quite alot of cramps, heartburn and tired all the time and just really worried.
Like the original poster I had a bit of a mad weekend before the Monday I found out and I have felt so guilty...

Here's to positive thinking!! xx:winkwink:

Thank the lord for that, I'm a hummus addict! :happydance:

TYPICAL!!! only NZ/Australia :haha: It's something to do with the sesame isn't good for you apparently - just another food to add to our NZFS (NZ food safety) lol. maybe we make ours with a higher concentrate lol

:thumbup:

I know how you feel. I wasn't even aware I was pregnant until I missed my period. I've been worrying about all the harmful things I did during the time before my missed period. I tend to keep myself up nights worrying about small things... just imagine how I feel now knowing I have a little one in the oven.

But worry and stress will take a toll on you mentally and physically. Try and do things that you love to keep you minding into wandering in the negative. I'm trying very hard to just stay positive. I haven't had my first appt. yet but I am not trying to worry about it. My first appt. is 11/19 and i'm hoping for the best.

All I can do is stay positive.

Well Laura...I'm on my second pregnancy & I'm still a nervous as the first time. i thought it would get easier, but they are obviously so precious that we worry ourselves sick.

I'm also massive for 9 weeks & with the worry about what's going on inside I've called my hospital ultrasound department today who told me my scan is booked in another 3.5wks. I asked if I could have an early scan which they don't do for free unless my dr or midwife refers me but I can pay privately for £90.

Best £90 ever spent, got a scan booked for this Thursday.

Aw Thank you so very much! :) Unfortunately I don't revognise the number (I'm in the UK)? I spoke to a midwife on the phone today who calmed me down a bit and I told my mum I'm pregnant and she's going to. Pay for an early scan for me bless her! :) will (hopefully :s) feel better after that

Congrats Waffle! Would be nice to have a buddy lol feel do alone when you're too early to tell people!

Sorry have only just seen your reply! I know what you mean it is lonely when you can't tell people, bless ya, when do you plan on telling everyone? I have told people now so glad or I think I would have burst!! :happydance:

Tbh we was planning on telling family last week but had another set back which has worried me even more :(
I paid privately to have an early scan to put my mind at ease but when I had it they told me I must be less than 6 weeks (I thought I was over 7) as they could only see yolk. With the spotting and pain I had I should have been further gone than this! :( so I'm going back in a couple of weeks to see if anything has developed. Hoping that its viable and I'm just somehow much less gone than I thought!

Thank you all for your support again!
Good knowing we're all worrying together lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back