1st trimester 2nd baby! Questions after a section!

GoogilyBear

JuneBug Baby & ImogenBea
Reaction score
I only got my bfp yesterday, however the last week or two ive had low back pain, right at the bottom of my spine. I am wondering if its to do with the fact i had an emergency section last time and the epidural. I dont remember having the same pain with my first :( is that normal this early on? Also, the sickness this time is ridiculous, bloated and aweful sicky feeling too not like a normal feeling of being sick.
Will my scar hurt during this pregnancy? And what are my chances of a VBAC? Cos my labour last time was horrific and to be honest I am petrified!
Any advice is greatly appreciated! Xxxx

Will be stalking.

U had an emergency c-sec last time and am also wondering about a VBAC.

Hi:) Congrats. I had c-sections 12 months apart, and I had no problems with my section scar. hth

Ive just experianced really sharpe pain in left side bottom of my back too. Getting a bit scared now incase somethings wrong. Still feeling super sick! I hope my scar is like yours then hunny and it doesnt cause any grief for me :) xx

Congratulations!! I had a section on Jan 1st. I also had lower back pain but it wasn't sharp...it felt like a little worse than before my af. It feels the same as later on from my first pregnancy.
I'm curious about the scar pain....I haven't had any yet but it does still itch from time to time.
For the vbac my dr thinks I'm a good candidate because my DS was breech so as long as baby is in a good position and the surgeon approves I can have a try. :)

Ive just experianced really sharpe pain in left side bottom of my back too. Getting a bit scared now incase somethings wrong. Still feeling super sick! I hope my scar is like yours then hunny and it doesnt cause any grief for me :) xx

Hi Sweetie! I had an emergency C-section/epidural 16 months ago and have experienced the exact same thing you are describing this time around with regard to the sharp pain in bottom of back. Mine has now progressed to an ache in my butt cheek too with occasional sharp pains. I had a scan at 9+1, to rule out ectopic, and little bean was fine and dandy with a nice strong heartbeat. I have my 12wk scan on Thursday and am starting to get nervous now though! Fingers crossed all is well with you and your little bean! xxx

I too had an emergency c section with my son and am so scared of what will happen to the scar this time. My son is three so it's had plenty of time to heal.
As the labour was a disaster I have to see a consultant in four weeks to discuss the birth so will be interested to hear the options x

I had an EMCS with my first, but had not trouble with my second pregnancy 2 years later in regards to the section scar. I was crampy in the beginning with both pregnancies though.

I had an emergency section with my son, and had an epidural.

I didn't get any back pain in pregnancy with Sophie. But I think back pain is common in pregnancy anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I had some shooting pains in my scar around 12 weeks, but nothing that worrying, and it was fine. Didn't hurt again for the rest of the pregnancy.

I could have tried a VBAC but for various reasons chose a repeat section.

If the reason why you had the first c-section isn't there, then it should be fine to try again. I got a letter from the surgeon after having Thomas saying that I was a good candidate for VBAC.

I've had 2 sections. DS was an emergency section as he refused to come out.

I had a 7 year gap between DS and DD, but my scar didn't hurt once, my back was fine and pregnancy was more or less as easy as the first, although my groin did hurt from time to time. I tried VBAC but due to her heart rate dropping it was another section in the end. If you want a VBAC you have to meet certain criteria, this changes from county to country, country to country, but its fine if you want to go for an elective.

This time I'm hoping for the same easy pregnancy as I tend to have, but this time it will be an elective as in this county we're only allowed one try at VBAC, which sucks.

I've had 2 sections. DS was an emergency section as he refused to come out.

I had a 7 year gap between DS and DD, but my scar didn't hurt once, my back was fine and pregnancy was more or less as easy as the first, although my groin did hurt from time to time. I tried VBAC but due to her heart rate dropping it was another section in the end. If you want a VBAC you have to meet certain criteria, this changes from county to country, country to country, but its fine if you want to go for an elective.

This time I'm hoping for the same easy pregnancy as I tend to have, but this time it will be an elective as in this county we're only allowed one try at VBAC, which sucks.

Where abouts are you based hunny? I dont know what thwy are here and I am going toninvestigate. I had a section nearly 4 years ago now, and it was because her heart rate dropped then got stuck, I am petrified of needles and they had to pin me down (literally! The midwifes have a book of blunders or bad patients lol and I got put in it!) Not because of the pain but because of the fear.
Allsorts is going through my head as I just couldnt cope with another section xx

I'm in Bristol. I suspect since you've only had one section and plenty of time for your scar to heal that you'll be fine for VBAC, and many people go one to have successful VBAC's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->