1st Ultrasound, Now Worried!

mommy2006

Reaction score
I had my first ultrasound last week at around 9 weeks, 4 days. It was transvaginal. The baby measured about 6 weeks and we couldn't see a heartbeat. I went for bloodwork to test my HCG levels and now just waiting to hear back. I haven't had any pain or bleeding. Is this the end of this pregnancy?

Ohh I'm so sorry to hear this. Could it be that you ovulated late?! At 6 weeks its hard to see a heartbeat...but if you're sure on your dates...then it might be a MMC. I really have no insight or advice for you...but I will say a little prayers for you that all is ok! Keep us updated!

Ohh I'm so sorry to hear this. Could it be that you ovulated late?! At 6 weeks its hard to see a heartbeat...but if you're sure on your dates...then it might be a MMC. I really have no insight or advice for you...but I will say a little prayers for you that all is ok! Keep us updated!

I have no idea of when I ovulated. I just my LMP.

Can't say more than jen has. She's right. Unless you are unsure of your dates, then I would say more than likely that it's a miscarriage in the making.

Good luck to you in this difficult time.

mommy - do you have irregular or long cycles?

mommy - do you have irregular or long cycles?

They average about 27 days. Sometimes 24 days, but never more than 28 days. I only keep track of when I start my period. Each one last for 4-5 days.

With that length, I'd say it seems unlikely that your dates would be off by 3 weeks. I'm really sorry to say this but I have to be honest with you. I was in your exact situation. I was averaging 26 days for my cycles. Went in at nearly 8 weeks baby had no heartbeat and was not the size it needed to be (they didn't do a measurement). A few days after the ultrasound, I miscarried naturally.

I feel for you. I know how tough it is. But you will be pregnant again and hopefully the next one will stick. Take care.

I also think that maybe this pregnancy isn't going to carry on, simply because you're measuring as far behind as you are. I had a sac measuring off by a week with my last pregnancy and it ended up in a mmc. I really believe in keeping hope up until you have a definate answer though so positive vibes your way!

With that length, I'd say it seems unlikely that your dates would be off by 3 weeks. I'm really sorry to say this but I have to be honest with you. I was in your exact situation. I was averaging 26 days for my cycles. Went in at nearly 8 weeks baby had no heartbeat and was not the size it needed to be (they didn't do a measurement). A few days after the ultrasound, I miscarried naturally.

I feel for you. I know how tough it is. But you will be pregnant again and hopefully the next one will stick. Take care.

I kinda figured that, but I was hoping maybe someone had a positive outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->