2/3 days late, negative bfn.. Any hope?

Mumtodogs

Reaction score
Just as the title says! :winkwink: I'm 2-3 days late, usually a very regular 28 day cycle but my tests are saying bfn... No symptoms of pregnancy, but none of AF either.

With my first pregnancy I only got a faint line on the day of my missed period, is it possible my body just doesn't produce a lot of hcg and I might still be pregnant? Or should I just give up hope for this month?

Thanks lovelies!

I wouldn't give up hope until you get a :bfp: or AF.

It's totally possible that you've just ovulated later this cycle, even though you are regular, it's absolutely possible to have a variation on when you ovulate. For instance, I normally ovulate on CD 17, but this month it was CD14. :shrug:

Don't give up! Some women don't get bfp's until a week after their missed period. GL!

There is always hope until the witch arrives. Everyone's different and your hcg could be very slow to rise. Are you sure you didn't ovukate later? Are you using opk's?

Thanks guys, it's so tiring waiting, I'm just too impatient!

Bobster - I have used opk twice, once I got a surge on day 14, that was before my pregnancy. The second time was a couple of months ago, I never got a positive, but I was drinking loads of water as I lack CM and heard this helps, so I put the lack of positive reading down to dilution of urine. I did get some crystal clear jelly like CM, not stretchy at all, about 8 days after what I thought was ovulation, I wonder if I ovulated late? I BD'd just in case!

I know how you feel because I am going through the same thing right now. My AF is 3 days late as of today but I got a BFN when I tested on the day she was due. I am trying to give it til the end of the week and if nothing by then, I will test again. I know how hard the waiting is for something to happen. I'm not a very patient person either lol. Good luck and :dust: to you!!! :)

Yep same position. I'm 2 days late on a 32 day cycle. Tested this morning expecting to see a bfp but was a clear as day negative :cry: and I don't think there's any hope of a bfp cos we haven't DTD for 2 weeks now. So frustrating waiting for AF. Just want a fresh start at a new cycle!

Michelle - I'm going to test again on Friday morning, my period would be due to finish today! If I'm not pregnant I want it to get cracking so I can get BDing again!! Let me know how you get on!

MrsT - I'm in a similar position, 14 days ago I didn't BD for 3 days, at what I thought was 8dpo I had clear jelly type cm (tmi sorry!) so BD'd again in case. Apart from that I've been working away so not much action in that department!!!

Sounds like you o'd late at 8dpo to me so you may just be too early. When I got my bfp I had ewcm on cd 14 but then again on cd 23 and that's when I actually conceived sometimes you can gear up to o but not and your body will do it late. Although expensive I found the clearblue digi smiley face opk's really helpful to. Good luck when you retest

Thanks Bobster, I hopefully covered my bases, but it's frustrating waiting!!! Going to test in the morning, but if I did ovulate 8 days after what I thought was ovulation I'll still be too early. Feeling totally shattered today, not sure if that's any symptom of BFP/AF, or if I just had a crap night sleep!

3-4 days late now...

5-6 days late, still no AF or symptoms,

Mrs T and Michelle - how are you getting on? any testing / AFs?

I took a test this morning, but in the excitement of one of our chickens laying her first double yolker, I didn't go back to it until about 10 minutes and it was meant to be discarded after 5 minutes. There was a slight line but not sure if this is an evap line so going to re-do in the morning and not get my hope up!

No AF for me still :-( and no bfp. I did my last test yesterday using SMU in case it made a difference which it obviously didn't as it still came back negative.

I'm feeling really fed up still and now have thrush - thanks body!!! Decided if AF doesn't show over the weekend, I'm gonna book a doctor's appointment to ask about ways to help regulate my cycle. (I've only had one proper period since coming off the mini pill in April)

Mumtodogs - let's hope that wasn't an evap and tomo you get the news you're hoping for!

Mrs T - hope your body is just playing a cruel trick and you get your BFP!

Hope this isn't insensitive, but wanted to update as it drives me mad when looking at forums and people dont update with an outcome! Somebody on another thread recommend yesterday I do a SMU, so I did and got a faint BFP!! That's 6 days after AF was due, or 3 days before if I did ovulate late as Bobster suggested, which to be honest I think was the case!

Excellent news mumtodogs!!! So pleased for you and very glad you updated us :flower:

I didn't get a BFP until I was almost 2 weeks late. You are not out until
AF shows!

Can i ask what an smu is lol im not sure at all im on cd16 and 2 days late and got bfn today just trying to have a bit of hope congrats on your bfp xx

That's the exact same question I asked when somebody suggest I do one!! haha, its second morning urine. If you stop drinking fluids the night before then your first morning urine is concentrate of the day before and night time urine, if you continue to not drink anything then your second urine is more concentrated, and only consists of stuff gone through your system on that day.. or something like that! I still held it in for about 3 hours (so first morning urine at about 8 and then I did my smu at 11.30 ish) I got my bfp on that one. Tested fmu and smu today and both bfp, the line wasn't any stronger from yesterdays but I'm trying to not let that freak me out!!!

Good luck

Bobster - just noticed your location, beautiful part of the world, I'm from there / living there myself! =)

Yay congratulations mumtodogs!!! Love it. Gives other people so much hope too when they are in the dreaded 2ww and beyond. This is exactly what happened to me when I got bfp as got positive opk on cd 14 then negative until a second positive on cd 23!

Yes I live in York. It is beautiful. Just spent the weekend in London town and always feel so lucky to come back to the fresh air lol. Where are you from?

Oh and forgot to say your hcg level will still be super low so there won't be a lot of difference between lines on a day to day basis. Maybe try every other day if you want to see progression but don't worry if it doesn't darken too much as I remember freaking out when I compared my lines from 13dpo to 15dpo because they looked the same on frer's but everything turned out fine. Also hcg does vary depending on the time of day etc. I always found 2mu or emu best too.

Congratulations :)

Ah thanks for telling me felt a bit thick for asking ill try that on tuesday if af dont show congrats and good luck to you :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->