2 day period after getting off the pill?

JWC13

Reaction score
I was on the pill for almost 15 years and stopped taking it on 5/21. I had my withdrawal period from 5/24-5/29. Since the day my period ended I tested daily with OPK strips and know that I ovulated on 6/19 (day27). I had very light spotting on 6/29 and 6/30 and thought that given the color and amount of spotting that it might be implantation bleeding as those were days 10dpo and 11 dpo but I woke up on 7/1 will full on bleeding (12dpo).

The weird thing is that I bled heavy for slightly less than two days and now it has stopped. It's hard for me to remember what my period was like prior to being on the pill but I'm pretty sure it was close to 5-7 days long. 2 days seems crazy short for a full period.

Is this normal? I know that my body is just trying to get back to normal after being on the pill for so long- and I am thankful that it only took about a month for ovulation to return, but I'm still a little confused by the length of the period and the fact that it came after only 12 dpo (instead of the normal 14, but I understand that 12 is still normal).

Hmmm, have you taken a test?
Perhaps this is just your body trying to get back to normality.
Have you been temping?

I would give it a couple months and see. Pre BCP I bled heavily for over 7 days. After BCP (2 1/2 years now) my periods are extremely light for 2-3 days, and I have confirmed hormonal issues.

I'd say if they don't get longer in the next couple of months and you don't get pregnant, talk to your gyn.

Thanks for the replies. I've taken a few pregnancy tests and they are all negative. I think you are right- it's probably just my body getting back to normal. I'll give it a few months to see if it normalizes at all.

I was on the pill for almost 15 years and stopped taking it on 5/21. I had my withdrawal period from 5/24-5/29. Since the day my period ended I tested daily with OPK strips and know that I ovulated on 6/19 (day27). I had very light spotting on 6/29 and 6/30 and thought that given the color and amount of spotting that it might be implantation bleeding as those were days 10dpo and 11 dpo but I woke up on 7/1 will full on bleeding (12dpo).

The weird thing is that I bled heavy for slightly less than two days and now it has stopped. It's hard for me to remember what my period was like prior to being on the pill but I'm pretty sure it was close to 5-7 days long. 2 days seems crazy short for a full period.

Is this normal? I know that my body is just trying to get back to normal after being on the pill for so long- and I am thankful that it only took about a month for ovulation to return, but I'm still a little confused by the length of the period and the fact that it came after only 12 dpo (instead of the normal 14, but I understand that 12 is still normal).

Hi
It's definitely a frustrating time, I too have just come off the pill, and waiting for my body to remember what it's job is.. no af here at all yet, I was on the pill for 1.5 years, so not a long time really.
I've read lots of stories of women getting pregnant without there periods even returning!

I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes our bodies respond in weird ways when there has been a big change. The good thing is you ovulated and you had a period, even if it was short. You'll probably see it normalises a bit more this month (if you don't get pregnant first). I had a miscarriage in April (requiring a d&c) and my first period after that was 3 days long, followed by a break of about 2 days when I didn't even have any spotting (so I thought it was finished), and then I had another day of bleeding and then it was gone. It was really weird, but I chalk it up to my body just adjusting after having been pregnant and the mc. I ovulated and got pregnant 2 weeks later, so didn't make any difference.

Thanks everyone! It's always nice to hear affirmation that other people have experienced similar things and that my body is just adjusting. I am lucky that I ovulated so soon after stopping the pill, so fingers crossed that maybe this month is the month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->