2 days old

wannabenewmum

Reaction score
Hi guys my ababy will be two days old today and I am trying to breast fees but as usual I am worried she seems fairly settled sleeps well in between feeding but if I try to hand express I get maybe one or two drips from nipple although sometimes on my right breast nothing, she is poohing but but not 100% on peeing I am worried I am not producing enough my breast have not changed shape at even in pregnancy do u think it's sounds ok I appreciate u can not know for certain unless u were here

Thank u in advance

Babies are typically very sleepy in the first couple days. Your colostrum is very nutrient rich and has just enough calories for your baby. Your milk should come in around day 2-3.

It's possible your milk hasn't come in yet. But if it has and you still can't express it may be because baby is drinking everything. Another reason may be you are just shit at hand expressing lol (I certainly was!).

If your baby is pooping adequately and starts to have more wet diapers in the upcoming days, I wouldn't worry :)

Your milk probs hasnt come in yet, but there will be plenty of colostrum (spelling?!) for baby. Their tummies are so tiny. If shes content and pooing then you're doing great!

I know its worrying as you have no idea what they're getting! It took me weeks to relax and trust my baby and my body.

Speak to your midwife though if you have concerns x

If she is waking up regularly for food, and your getting plenty of output in the nappy don't worry.

It's possible your milk hasn't come in yet. But if it has and you still can't express it may be because baby is drinking everything. Another reason may be you are just shit at hand expressing lol (I certainly was!).

I too am crap at hand expressing! Nice to know it's not just me :haha:

By the sound of it OP your milk isn't in yet - you should know all about it when it arrives. It could be anything from 2-7 days I think, although the upper end is unusual. Don't worry. Colostrum is all baby needs at this point. They have enough reserves from the time in the womb until milk arrives.

If she seems settled that's great. Put baby to breast as often as possible and your milk will come in to meet her demand.

I quite often couldn't get anything out by hand at first because the tendancy is to try it too near the end of the nipple. It sounds like your milk has not come in yet, you'll know about it when it does, so there's probably not much to come out. Keep in mind that a 2 day old tummy is tiny - they don't need much and colostrum is highly nutritious because of this.

The uncertainty at the begining can be really hard but try to trust your baby. if she seems settled and content you're probably doing fine. If you're really worried, as someone else suggested ask your MW when she next visits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->