2 months old- weight gain and how many feeds per day?

Hope83

Me, DH, DS & DD :)
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Just checking how your 2-3 months old babies are doing!? :flower:

My little girl is 10.5 weeks old and seems to be dropping feeds. She can go 3-4 hours during the day and has a solid 6/7 stretch at night. She nurses about 8ish times now in 24 hours, sometimes only just from 1 side. I'm concerned, that might not be enough? :shrug:
I try to offer more but she flat out refuses to drink unless she wants to. Her weight gain has also slowed down. She went from gaining 7 ounces/ week down to 3/4 ounces/ week.

Does that sound all right? She is happy, healthy and alert. Has one dirty diaper and plenty of wet diapers per day.

Thank You

My Lonis 13 weeks and has been going roughly 4 hourly during day and 6-7 hours at night consistently does 6 feeds per 24 with occasional 5, and has done this for about 5 weeks. His weight gained has slowed too. Think every baby is different. Do they plot you baby on percentile chart, if so I guess as long as she gaining and not plateauing then she is finding her own routine.

My Lonis 13 weeks and has been going roughly 4 hourly during day and 6-7 hours at night consistently does 6 feeds per 24 with occasional 5, and has done this for about 5 weeks. His weight gained has slowed too. Think every baby is different. Do they plot you baby on percentile chart, if so I guess as long as she gaining and not plateauing then she is finding her own routine.

Sounds like our babies have a similar feeding routine then :)
At her 2 months check up, she was in the 50th centile for weight. In order to stay there she must weight about 6.5 kilos when 4 months old. That being said, she'll need to gain half a kilo per month when previously she gained 1 kilo per month. So I guess it's normal for the slow down in weight gain...

Doug eating every 2-3 hrs still round the clock. we did have a few 4/5 hr stretches but he been a bit poorly these past few days.

Dont know about weight gain.

Tbh I don't count feeds. If your baby is happy, alert, content and producing penty of wet nappies then I wouldn't concern yourself with the numbers and how oftens. Weight gain with bf babies is variable from week to week and weighing too often can drive one mad, causing unnecessary worry if they happen to veer off the lines form time to time (which is very normal in bf babes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->