2 scans at 20 weeks and no gender

Dani88

Reaction score
I had my 20 week scan on Tuesday and the baby was in a position where the tech was unable to determine the gender. I had to go back on Friday because there was a measurement she couldn't get. On Friday, the baby still had his or her legs crossed and the cord was somewhat in the way. The tech said she'd guess it was a girl, but not to go ahead and paint the nursery. She said because she had all the measurements that were needed that I didn't have to come back again and if I didn't require any ultrasounds later on, that I'd have to wait until birth to find out.

My husband and I were super disappointed by this, because we were really looking forward to finding out and planning. Obviously what's most important is that the baby is healthy, but we really want to find out. I booked a 3D ultrasound for this evening - which we have to pay for, but they said if they are unable to tell the gender, we could come back again for free.

My question is, what do you think are the odds of the baby still being in a position where they can't tell. Has anyone experienced this or know of someone else who has experienced this? Is there anything I can do beforehand that may help our chances of finding out tonight?

Thanks for reading! :flower:

Drink some orange juice to make sure baby is up and moving if you can. Thats what my moms office has the girls do.

Hope your scan went/go's well! Fingers crossed baby was in a good position this time!

Hope your scan went/go's well! Fingers crossed baby was in a good position this time!

Thanks for the tip! Baby's legs were up above her head tonight. We got a 100 percent confirmation that we are having a girl. The 3D experience was pretty neat too :)

Awe thats awesome! So glad she cooperated!

My middle daughter was a cord between the legs lass! I think it is harder to stake a guess at a gal - boys announce themselves somewhat haha

Congratulations. It must be gutting that they couldn't see. Luckily both times we were able to see but I was worried if we couldn't as I like to prepare x

I had the same problem even though baby was moving a lot in the 20 week scan the nhs still couldn’t tell me and I had to pay for private one too, and she said not sure why the nhs couldn’t tell as it was really obvious that it was a boy

My middle daughter was a cord between the legs lass! I think it is harder to stake a guess at a gal - boys announce themselves somewhat haha

:blush: my girls were complete floozies and had their legs up in the "air" . Saying that so did baby one and it was a boy !!! This baby we didn't find out :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->