2 under 2 and using reusable nappies

MrsBandEgglet

Mummy to 3, expecting #4
Reaction score
I use disposables with Arf but I think I'd really like to use reusables with Pud but am a bit nervous that all the extra washing would be very difficult when having two such young ones. What do you reckon? Too much to take on? Should I maybe wait a few months and then move onto them? :shrug:

I find less work with reusables actually - less trips to the bin, and faster clean ups due to no leakage. I do two loads of nappies per week with a LO. With a toddler, I imagine it'd be another load on top of that, since they don't go through as many nappies? 5 mins to chuck in machine, 10 mins to hang up, and 10 mins to put away. My machine broke down last week so I switched to disposables and I found it a lot harder, trying to get LO out of poo leaks on her clothes!

if you already use them with one, I can't see that having another one in reusables as a huge problem.
My friend had 2 in cloth at one time and she said it was minimal extra effort.
Have you tried asking the same question in natural Parenting? I expect there are a few in there that have more than 1 in cloth.

I really don't think it's much if any more work. I will have 4 boys come June...3 of which are in sports so we are out running around just about every day of the week with that, 2 in school...and I'll be using cloth :) The only thing it really adds is 2-3 more loads of laundry a week which to me really isn't a huge deal. The changing and just day to day actually using them is no more work the only thing is the washing. But washing is really easy and I do so much laundry already an extra couple loads makes no difference haha. I used cloth with my youngest and at the time my older boys were 2.5 and 4.5. This time I'll have an 8yr old, 6yr old, almost 4 yr old and then newborn...I'm actually thinking it will be "harder" this time around just because of everything they are involved in now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->