2 year growth spurt?

Reaction score
Right, I'm not sure what this is so thought you ladies could help.

Bella was ill for about a week (the week before her birthday) and ate hardly anything, then she got better and started eating everything in site, and has been ever since, then 3 nights ago she wakes in the night asking for Milk. Now, I only give her a cup of milk in the morning usually, but figured she might be making up for the food she missed the other week so gave her some milk. Then the night after, and last night, shes again woke in the early hours (3-5am) asking for milk, which she drinks then goes straight back to sleep.

So, is it that she is still making up for the lack of food the other week, or is she having a growth spurt? Or is it that she got milk in the night that one time and now thinks she can get a midnight snack everytime she wakes up, even if she doesn't need it?
I don't want to refuse her the midnight snack if she really is very hungry and going through a growth spurt though! Does anyone else have a 2 year old that's doing this?

I dont know as the boys arent quite there yet but didnt want to read and run.

The boys grew 2cms last month though at 21-22 months which is loads for them xxxxx

Personally (but this is me), I wouldn't want to encourage milk at night.... I would keep a beaker of water handy and offer only that and say "no milk now, just water". And increase the food/milk the day instead.... Does she still have milk before bed? If not, maybe start that again? How about a healthy snack before bed (healthy biscuit?)?

QT

Yeah after another night of her having milk in the middle of the night (But before bed I asked if she wanted any more food/any milk and she said no) I'm quite sure she doesnt actually need it, but is just getting into that routine, so I'm putting a stop to it tonight before she really thinks this is how it's going to be from now on! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->