2 year old and bunk beds

Dani_b

Expecting number 4 🤰🏼❤️💙❤
Reaction score
my 2 DD's have to share a room as im in a 3 bed house and DS has his own room, the room they are in is quite small so there isnt enough room for 2 single beds/ 1 bed and toddler bed. so was looking at bunk beds, DD1 will be 6 in april so would be on top bunk DD2 will be 2 in april and will use bottom bunk, she still uses the cot at the moment, but she is getting too big for it and it wont be long before she is trying to climb out of it. any advice?

No advice, but I had bunk bed growing up. They were a lot of fun.

When I first saw the title of your post, I thought you were going to put a 2 year old on the top. lol. I wouldn't that. 6 years old seems like a good age. I would even say anyone over 4 is oK.

my 6 yr old and 14 month old have bunk beds but at the moment Zander still sleeps with us but he does sleep in his bed sometimes which is the bottom bunk and he can get in and out of it just fine we do have rails on it and had to take the ladder off since he can climb it already and I didnt want a trip to the hospital with broken bones so Jacob climbs the footboard to get in bed for now but it works for us :)

my 6 yr old and 14 month old have bunk beds but at the moment Zander still sleeps with us but he does sleep in his bed sometimes which is the bottom bunk and he can get in and out of it just fine we do have rails on it and had to take the ladder off since he can climb it already and I didnt want a trip to the hospital with broken bones so Jacob climbs the footboard to get in bed for now but it works for us :)

Yeah, I would be scared of the ladder with a 2 year running around.

my 2 year old and 5 yr old have got bunk beds, joanna my 5 yr old had a cabin bed when she was about 3 and a half or maybe a bit younger and they have both had bunk beds now since April last year so Harleigh would have been about 21 months, harleigh sleeps on bottom bunk and joanna sleeps on top bunk and they are fine,

thanks ladies, just need to find some bunks that i like now, would perfer metal ones where the bunks can separate so if we find a bigger house they can have their own beds on lower level

we got some wooden smaller size ones (3ft i think) they can seperate - my 4 year olds on top bunk and my just 3 year old on the bottom (i used to use a bed guard when she was 18months for a while!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->