• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 yrs trying...finally getting serious about treatment

mimiruval

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined looking for advice and personal stories. I have a dd who is 4 yrs old, had a misscarriage at 10 weeks almost 2 yrs ago, have been ttc since then and its been such a roller coaster. After the mc my periods went crazy, i think i went a little crazy too. my periods have never gone back to normal which for me was 30 day cycles. my obgyn had prescribed my progesterone which seemed to help a bit cut down my cycles from 50ish to 40ish. the last appt he told me i wasn't ovulating...i haven't tried anything just eating healthier. today i had my first acupuncture session i really liked it, i hope it helps to regulate my period so i can ovulate again. what do you guys think? any advice will help.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'd think that if you're not ovulating then he should be prescribing clomid or something like that to get you ovulating.

I'm under the NHS so very much under their protocol. They won't prescribe anything until a full range of tests have been done ie bloods for both partners, SA, HSG before any meds are given. And it does surprise me ladies like yourself being prescribed stuff only to find out later the reason why it didn't work.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'd think that if you're not ovulating then he should be prescribing clomid or something like that to get you ovulating.

I'm under the NHS so very much under their protocol. They won't prescribe anything until a full range of tests have been done ie bloods for both partners, SA, HSG before any meds are given. And it does surprise me ladies like yourself being prescribed stuff only to find out later the reason why it didn't work.

My obgyn wants to set me up for an IUI and give me clomid to induce ovulation but i would really like to try clomid and then have hubby and i try to conceive at home...I do have appt with a FS next week, but i know its going to be pretty expensive so i want to see if i should try other options first. I have had an HSG and everything is perfect, my dh does have low sperm count, and motility. but i feel that his sperm isn't the problem, its my very irregular cycle from 50ish days to 40ish days, and not ovulation. i just don't know where to start.

If you want to try i clomid alone why not go for 3 cycles rather than the usual 6. Research shows if its going to work its most likely to happen in first 3 cycles. Then you've given the natural method a go without wasting too much time / money?

Although personally I'd tend to follow their advice rather than waste time with false hope given DH has issues too.

Our stories are somewhat similar. I also have a 4 yr old DD, had a mc at 9 weeks 2 yrs ago, and struggled for 2 years after that to conceive. I also have mild pcos and somewhat long cycles - around 35+ days, with ovulation usually around day 19-22. I suspect my DH also has low testosterone and sperm count issues. I conceived with Clomid twice - with my first DD, and the time I had my m/c. This pregnancy was natural - my DH was also taking Black Maca at the time and I was on Black Cohosh, for what it's worth. Maca helps with sperm count and Black Cohosh is supposed to be good for ovulation.

I would've thought the doc would've put you on Clomid, to help you start O'ing, too. It's weird that you're not O'ing anymore, though. Even after a m/c, your cycles should've gone back to how they were before, unless there's some underlying issue that raised it's head afterwards. Have you ever been tested for pcos/or have you ever charted your cycle after your m/c (through temps, opks etc) to see if you O'd at any time? It would be unfortunate if you 'ttced' for 2 years but weren't O'ing at all for that period. Have your hormones been tested recently?

You and your DD are gorgeous, by the way! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->