20 week scan, measuring small

sailorsgirl

Family of 5
Reaction score
So I had my 20 week scan this morning and I was told that babies growth was not what it should be. She had dropped from the 50th percentile to below the 5th. She didn't say much but arranged for me to see a consultant in 5 days time.

Is this something to be worried about?

I must add that I lost a baby last year at 17 weeks whom measured 12 weeks once delivered. Plus I have Factor V Leiden which I am on medication for. I have had 2 c section babies and 2 other miscarraiges.

Has anyone else had this reduction in growth? What happened when you saw a consultant?

Xxx

No wisdom on this... just wanted to say that I hope everything is ok with your LO.

Factor v Leiden can slow fetal growth and in more serious cases cause placental abruption during pregnancy it I'm sure they are keeping a close eye on you and scanning often (hopefully). My friend had/has this and with both pregnancies she had daily heparin shots to prevent clotting and make sure the babies didn't get deprived of nutrients.

They weren't keeping an eye on me until now. I wasn't seeing a consultant until 34 week initially. But my 20 week scan has meant the sonographer pulled it forward to Monday. Xx

I don't have any experience or advice but wish you all the very best for Monday x

Thanks so much girls. I'm sure all will be fine. Just a bit nervous. Xx

Oh boy that is concerning. I think you may need to be followed very closely esp if baby's growth is behind. At least you are being properly followed. Good that they caught it now. GL xx

Hi Hun I've no experience of this but wanted to say that I wish you all the luck for your appointment next week x

:hugs: wishing you all the best of luck for your appointment x

I don't have any advice to offer, but didn't want to read and run. Wishing you the best for your appointment xx

No experience hon but wanted to say hope all goes well with the consultant. Hopefully you are in good hands xx

They shouldn't really have left you that long chick I have factor V Leiden and even with three healthy babies I am seeing my consultant on Tuesday in my 13th week. Can I ask if you are heterozygous or homozygous? I wish I had more advice about your scan and baby measuring small Hun but I haven't been through it. I do know that growth scans can be way out? But I don't know if that applies earlier on at this stage or just further on. I really hope all will be ok! Xx

I can't remember which is the proper name now bit it's where 50% are affected? Yeah we were told that we'd see someone sooner but then I never heard anything, when I questioned my consultants office they told me I wasn't a priority and that the consultant will have seen my notes and determined the best time to see me. My husbands quite angry that I've been left. I'm just nervous about what it all means. My Heamatologist hinted that if there was a reduction in growth they'd increase my clexane dosage from 40mg per day though. Xx

Do you know which type of the syndrome that you have? I'm not trying to worry you but it just seems with your history and known diagnosis that they would have been addressing you differently and straight away for that matter...I'm sure this is frustrating for you:nope: Either type usually warrants frequent scanning at a minimum. The heparin or clovenox (?) that they give prevent clotting for you and the placenta which is important for both you and baby. Clots in the placenta clog the blood flow/nutrients to the baby and of course for you blood clots would be a bad thing too! Hopefully none of this is the case but hopefully they will snap to it and get that baby growing strong :)

I think you could do to find out which type it is chick as either needs monitoring and whilst heterozygous CAN be just fine I would especially expect to see you have lots of monitoring if you are homozygous. Either way being factor v Leiden automatically makes you high risk, as I am. Hopefully you can be really forceful with them from here on in and they won't mess about from here, the clexane should hopefully keep you and baby safe. Lots of love to you xx

Thanks girls.
It's heterozygous, dug out my paperwork :)
I am sure all will be ok today, I am just glad someone is looking into it. Hopefully I'll be monitored closer from now on.
My appointment is his afternoon so I will let you know what they say. Xxx

Im having regular scans monthly for low birth weight and a loss at 23 weeks but she was 20 weeks size this was due to a problem with her being picked up at 20 weeks. And shown in bloods too.. as well as twins with low Borth weight so I get extra scans but all mine have been smaller... this time her head was smaller but to me my baby's are small... when I went they re scaned me and spoken about more scans ect... they can get measurements wrong too... which could be the case.. try not to worry xxxxx

Hoping for good news today! Good news being heterozygous over homozygous too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->