20 week scan, measuring small

All went well.

My consultant isn't concerned about the fvl. He explained that the clotting that would result of there was an issue with Factor V would result in an asymmetrical small for Gestation baby. Meaning babies head would be bigger than the rest of baby.
Our little one is measuring a week behind where she should be. She is on the 3rd centile and he explained that they only worry if they are more than 2 weeks behind.
She has grown a few mms since my last scan so they are mostly happy, I'll be back in 3 weeks to ensure she's still growing fine then hopefully, if all well I'll be discharged back to the midwife :)
Baby is weighing 11oz at 21 weeks.
All positive by the sounds of it :)

Thanks so much for all your support!! Looks like we will just be having a small baby :) xx

Hello Darling, how are you feeling today? Can i ask have you started clexaine or heprin or anything, they start mine at 6 weeks.

That's great news such a relief for you!

Had my consult today and he was great but he was adamant that I don't need to start the clexane until 28 weeks, I checked several times and was adamant it would be ok, I hope he is right xx

That's great news such a relief for you!

Had my consult today and he was great but he was adamant that I don't need to start the clexane until 28 weeks, I checked several times and was adamant it would be ok, I hope he is right xx

Really?! i have always been told 40mg + 75mg aspirin from as early as possible.... i have thrombaphillia type 2 factor 2 so its probably not the same as yours but he probably knows what he is doing.....

Hi girls, I thought I'd update.

On monday I saw my consultant again about baby's growth. She is still on the 5th centile but growing nicely. She's classed as symmetrically small. They aren't concerned as her rate of growth is good, so I don't need to see the consultant again.
I was told that I'd had contact with cytomegalovirus at some point but they can't determine whether it was during my pregnancy or before, but they think the is only a small risk of it affecting baby so that's good.
Then today I saw my Heamatologist who has decided to double my clexane dosage just to be on the safe side and he wants to see me again at 34 weeks.
Feeling very positive and sure that all is well with baby, she's just a bit on the small side :) xx

Thank you for updating us, I'm so glad that baby is doing well and things seem to be ok, glad they are keeping on top of things and seem to have looked into things thoroughly, I hope that little madam is just petite :) X

Glad all appears to be going well. If u do every feel concerned don't hesitate to get u and baby checked over again xx

Glad to hear sailorsgirl! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->