20 week scan today

I am so sorry. Yopu need to do what is best for you both. I wish I could do something to help. Sands has helped me so much.
There will be others on there who have been through very similar.
www.uk-sands.org

Sending you love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ohh hun i cant express my hurt for you and your husband..
thinking of u
emma x

Nuala my love, Im so sorry. My firsr baby was also diagnosed with anencephaly/acrania but at our 12 week scan. She also had no chance of survival and was suffering fits constantly - it was awful to watch on the ultrasound screen and a felt a duty to end her suffering, though it broke my heart a week before christmas.

As she was diagnosed so early I never got the chance to feel her kick or to see her (they took her from me vIa ERPC) and it makes me sad. Cherish every kick, though it hurts your heart. Definitely run through the thread about what you might like to do in the time you have when your angel arrives :hugs:

You have every right to carry her to term if thats what you want to do, but if you have a difficult delivery at term it may affect future fertility and pregnancies :-/

Lots of love to you and your precious girl xx

Just seen this thread and it is absolutely heart breaking. I had to deliver my LO at 14 weeks as the placenta came away and it was very hard to deal with. I could have took them home and had my own buriel / cremation but we chose to let the hospital deal with the arrangements. I didn't attend the cremation because it was too hard for me to bear saying goodbye so early on. I really hope that you get to spend as much time with your darling daughter before having to say goodbye and you get the chance to take photos etc or do whatever you would like to do. I sometimes think I was a bad mother not going to my baby's cremation but I have cherished them in my own way.

All my love to you, your husband and most of all your precious daughter Molly xxx

I don't know what to say but I am so sorry you are going through this. Massive hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry, I know how devastating this is.
We lost our baby boy at 22 weeks following our 20 week scan, not due to spina bifida but we were also told he had no chance of survival and had labour induced.
I found that reading the sections on what people did for their babies really helped. I am so glad we had photos and memories. I also found the funeral really helpful.

I entirely understand the agony of feeling your baby kick and knowing what you know. It is truely awful and I feel for you so much. I can't say or do anything to make you feel any better, but I am sending you a huge hug. I'm so sorry.

I am so so sorry for what you are going through... :hugs: I lost my little girl at 20 weeks, although not through SB or anything similar, no cause was found for her death. I cannot even imagine the feelings you are experiencing right now with the thoughts of what may lay ahead for you and your little girl. I decided to have my baby girl buried in a communal grave with other babies, organised by the hospital. I was in no fit state emotionally to be able to organise a funeral, although now i wish i had had the strength to. Having said that, i did what was right for me at the time, and that's what you must do too, if it comes to it.

I would also recommend (like another member said) writing a list of all the things you want to do when she is born. Photos, footprints, have her measured, have her weighed, wrap her in a blanket, dress her, take her a teddy etc... the thread in the stillbirth section which lists all these things you can choose to do is so so helpful. I still wish i had held my daughter for longer, but again, you have to do what is right for you at the time.

You will be in my thoughts :flower: :hugs: xxx

ok so had to go to hospital today and they have booked me in for friday morning i am soo scaredi just hope i have the strength for her.... went last night and got a teddy and blanky for her

You will find the strength because you're her mummy and you will do your very best for her :hugs: Will be thinking of you on Friday x

I am so sorry your baby is so ill. I wish there were words to comfort you. :cry: Your situation is so heart breaking.

I'm have tears in my eyes because I lost my sister the same way a year and a half ago.
She had Anencephaly where the brain/skull doesn't develop.

I'm at a loss at what to say, no words can really help to ease the pain. You can have a funeral, my sister had a beautiful service, and has a grave with a headstone. We had music and readings at the graveside.
My mum took lots of pictures which are now in a special book, and there is a special memory box that my Mum decorated herself where she keeps little things to remember her by. There are lots of things that you can do for your baby.
Remember, you are strong and you can do this, like another poster said, you are her Mummy, and although it may not seem it right now, nobody can ever take that away :flow:
:hugs:

Hugs!!!:hugs:
I hope the birth is gentle on you and you get to spend some time with your precious little girl, take as much time as u need!!
:hugs:
were here for u when u need us XXXX

I really don't know what to say other than I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with you and your husband x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->