20 weeks scan:) Updated with pics

kermie219

Reaction score
Well we just got back from our 20 week scan and baby is measuring perfect:) It was kind of disappointing though overall.....my sonographer was kind of a bitch to be honest. She was really abrupt and was going so fast! She would say this is hand and this is the foot looks like the baby is tickling it's own feet then would move on so I didn't actually see anything:( And she said it's too hard to determine the sex with the cord being there :cry: And wouldn't even try to look! So I am super happy the baby is ok but overall it wasn't the experience I thought it was going to be.... she is just I don't know lacking. I guess they see so many babies that they forget how special that time is for parents. She may see a hundred babies a day but the only one we are truly interested in is our own and I think some of them forget that.

SO good healthy baby!! Growth scan at 28 weeks!! And the extra good news is I've only gained 4 kilos!!!! WOOOT! I thought it was going to be WAY more than that:)

Attachments

• 21 weekse.jpg
    21 weekse.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 21 weeksc.jpg
    21 weeksc.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 19
Thats awful especially when you are so excited,it turns out to be such a let down.
Mine was yesterday aswel and the woman I got spent ages looking but didnt tell me anything then she says right you can go,and i had to ask for my pics and they were rubbish to be honest they hadnt even tried to get a good one.
My 12 week scan she spent ages taking some excellent pics so i could choose which to print.
Never mind at least you know baby is happy in there and healthy thats the main thing,and only another 20 weeks and you can stare at the baby all day every day if you want to:happydance:

Sorry to hear the experience wasn't good hun but that your little one is ok xx

Glad your little one is cooking ok hon x

well.....I am originally from the US and live in England with my hubby now. So have had a hard time not being close to my family for this pregnancy. Anyway my mom felt bad for me after I talked to her and scheduled a 3d gender scan for us when we are in the states for Christmas! So Dec 29 I get to find out the sex of our baby with my MOM! She is so great I am super happy:)

aww Kermie, that's not nice. Like you say, the main thing is that baby is healthy...I've got our 22 weeks scan on Monday and I'm bricking it!

Our 12 week scan was an anti climax sonographer wise and I agree, to them it's just another baby...I'm going to refuse her if she's there on Monday :winkwink:

We then had a private gender scan and the experience was far superior and thriling, so I was happy :)

Nicola xx

what were measurements from yr 20week scan,my measurements from this baby are bigger than last baby and he was 9lbs 2 2 weeks early

she didn't tell us if it was a little ahead or anything her words were it's fine for 20 weeks...I said I'm 21 weeks and she said nothing very reassuring

197 head
174 belly
and short legs lol 36 legs:(

Im so sorry the sonagrapher was a bit of a bitch hun, but woohoo for finding out sex on the 29th yay :happydance: And 3D too, how comes you get growth scan? xx

Im so sorry the sonagrapher was a bit of a bitch hun, but woohoo for finding out sex on the 29th yay :happydance: And 3D too, how comes you get growth scan? xx

Because I'm fat:) Which might I add was pointed out on the report as to why there may have been restricted view:(

If I am so fat though I want to know why they haven't weighed me once? UGH they suck....good news is I weighed myself when they left us alone in the room and I've only gained 4kilos!!!!!

Really your joking, so she just looked at you and said " you need a growth scan? " You havent put on much weight though? How did they come to that conclusion, numpties! Im about the same size as you and they didnt say I need a growth scan, I can tell you this now hun this bloody weight malarky is going to get right up my bonnet before this baby is due! :growlmad:

Sorry to hear the cr*p experience you got,but glad to hear the little one is ok.

I have a scan at 28 weeks and 27 weeks now....probably with the same lady:( I know I'm being stupid but UGH I just can't stop being upset.

My mother in law said well we could never know in my day....I just wanted to say shut up lady we can know now and I shouldn't be made to feel bad for taking advantage of the technology available to me! UGH Needless to say I couldn't talk to her because I knew what she would do so I made hubby call her lol. She wasn't trying to be nasty or anything but I knew that wads what she was going to say and I did NOT want to hear it! But it made me laugh when I was right:)

And the weight thing is really stupid I'm only 160 lbs....and I know that seems like a lot to some but it's not that bad really

Glad baby is healthy! Aww glad u will see ur bubs again on 29th n ur mam!!

congrats on healthy bubs hun,and that shuld be a lovely experience with ur mum on 29th!yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->