• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

About You
Name? Amber
Age? 22
Height? 5'3.5 (yes the .5 matters!!)

About The Father
Name? William
Age? 24
Height? 6'0"
Are you still together? Yep!

About Your Pregnancy
Is this your first pregnancy? No.. it will be my third.. unfortunately it will only be my second child though :(
When did you find out you were pregnant? Oct 2nd! 10-12 dpo!
Was it planned? YES!
What was your first reaction? oh my gosh is that a line? oh my gosh Im not sure.. it better be.. no Im seeing things.. no.. no.. ITS A LINE!!!... wait.. is it?....
Who was with you when you found out? I was by myself but went into the bedroom to tell the DH
Who was the first person you told? DH
How did your parents react? My mother gave me a very happy hug and my daddy grinned his special grin for his only little girl :)
How far along are you? About 5 weeks 3 days
What was your first symptom? Just feeling really tired..
What is your due date? June 4th!
Do you know the sex of the baby? Not yet haha
If so, what is it? Im pretty sure its going to be a boy or a girl..
Have you picked out names? yes actually!
If so, what are they? Amara or Connor
How much weight have you gained? 2lbs :blush:
Do you have stretch marks? Not from this one!
Have you felt the baby move? haha no but I cant wait!!!
Have you heard the heartbeat? No.. I hope to in a couple weeks!!

About the birth
Home or hospital birth? Im looking into a birthing center because I actually want a midwife..
Natural or medicated birth? Natural as much as I can!
Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH!
Will you breastfeed? Yes!
Do you think you'll need a c-section? definitely NOT
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the first time? probably tear up a bit :)
What's the first thing you might say to him/her? probably the same thing I told my DD, "hey baby (insert gender here)!"
Would you let someone videotape the birth? I havent actually decided yet..
Are you excited about the birth, or scared? VERY excited!

omg, amber, i love how your ticker says baby has more brain cells than paris hilton! :rofl:

Hello all !! I have been invited here by hakunmatata!! I am due in June also!!:)

So we are up to 12... should we cut it off now? Does anyone have a special request to add a particular friend that they are already bump buds with?

Okay, just closed the group. We are at 12 members but if anyone has a special request to add someone, let us know.

This will be a good thing to have a small group. We'll actually be able to get to know each other & respond to posts!

I believe Kate suggested adding each other on Facebook. If you feel comfortable doing so, definitely pm each other with our FB info.

Agreed! Love watermelon smugglers. I thought of dirty dancing too!

I will have to post a pick soon of the zoo afghan I am making for my little bean. It has an elephant, monkey, giraffe, tiger and alligator!

Sounds so cute!!

I've been knitting a blanket. I will share pics when it's done! It's a cool rainbow pastel that works for either a boy or a girl.

haha I know! I thought the ticker would be funny, it asked if I wanted the developmental info or humor.. so I went for 2 different tickers so I could have both! :haha:

hi girls!! oo i love the blinky, i love thr group name too, i couldnt find it this morning tho haha :dohh:

is it to early to have baby brain, actuallly i dont think i ever got over baby brain haha

how r we all =)

i feel ok today, just didnt wana get up lol

x

Morning all!

Hope we're all well and not suffering too badly this morning lol!

I'm going crazy, 4 hours sleep Wednesday night and then 3 and a half last night, I just cannot go to sleep on a night! It wouldn't be too bad if I could have a lie in but come 8am...I'm wide awake again :dohh:
I thought I'd got out of m/s this morning but nope, bang on 10am it got me, I feel rubbish :haha:

Charlie, baby brain has got me good already! I have honestly lost about half of my IQ over night! I even sat looking at the remote control for the TV this morning and I couldn't for the life of me remember how to turn the TV on!! :blush:

Well, time to go raid the cupboards, I'd better see if I can get rid of this nausea, doesn't help that my heightened sense of smell (anyone else got that?) insists on picking up all the vile smells, not the pleasant ones!

morning ladies! how is everyone? i have some tmi, if you don't mind. when i woke up this morning to pee, on wiping, i had some really dark cm. it was almost really dark yellow/light brown. i forced myself to pee a few minutes later and there was nothing. should i be worried? is that normal?

kate, i'm sorry you're feeling badly. i seem to be nauseous all the time. it gets worse late at night and is pretty bad early in the morning. and heightened sense of smell - omg, yes! i can smell things i swear a bloodhound can't!

i was wondering if anyone might be interested in doing toilet paper measuring? you take your tp and wrap it around your belly and count how many squares it take to make it around. you do this every week/few weeks at the beginning to see how big your belly is growing. if you're not comfortable with telling the group how many squares you start off with, you can just tell how many you're growing each time. thoughts?

This one is the most complex I have ever crocheted so it will take me until the baby is in universtiy to finish! Just kidding, but at least most of my pregnancy!

Agreed! Love watermelon smugglers. I thought of dirty dancing too!

I will have to post a pick soon of the zoo afghan I am making for my little bean. It has an elephant, monkey, giraffe, tiger and alligator!

Sounds so cute!!

I've been knitting a blanket. I will share pics when it's done! It's a cool rainbow pastel that works for either a boy or a girl.

I like this idea! I am already so bloated it is crazy! have to wear baggy shirts to work so that everyone wont know! I will measure tonight!

morning ladies! how is everyone? i have some tmi, if you don't mind. when i woke up this morning to pee, on wiping, i had some really dark cm. it was almost really dark yellow/light brown. i forced myself to pee a few minutes later and there was nothing. should i be worried? is that normal?

kate, i'm sorry you're feeling badly. i seem to be nauseous all the time. it gets worse late at night and is pretty bad early in the morning. and heightened sense of smell - omg, yes! i can smell things i swear a bloodhound can't!

i was wondering if anyone might be interested in doing toilet paper measuring? you take your tp and wrap it around your belly and count how many squares it take to make it around. you do this every week/few weeks at the beginning to see how big your belly is growing. if you're not comfortable with telling the group how many squares you start off with, you can just tell how many you're growing each time. thoughts?

I love this idea! lol! DH already thinks i'm nuts so it should be good when he catchs me playing with TP!:haha:
I wouldn't worry about the cm. I've had that exactly off and on since 5 wks. Doc said it is old blood working it's way out and that even light pink is fine. There are so many more blood vessels around the uterus while preggo that it is a common occurance. My most was 3 days of light brown around 6wks and doc said that's usually left over from implantation. (my bub is truely snuggled in!) :hugs:

oh my goodness you ladies make me laugh! Im still worried about everything.. I went to the dr yesterday and he did blood tests to see how high my HCG was and he called today saying it was a good "base number" and to come back in a week to do it again to make sure they go up.. Im so nervous.. I dont want another mc.. :(

oh and duckytwins! Where did you get the watermelon smugglers blinky? I would like it!

Bloodhounds have nothing on us :haha:

I'm liking the toilet paper measurements...One question, can I use kitchen paper instead? the squares are bigger :rofl:

oh my goodness you ladies make me laugh! Im still worried about everything.. I went to the dr yesterday and he did blood tests to see how high my HCG was and he called today saying it was a good "base number" and to come back in a week to do it again to make sure they go up.. Im so nervous.. I dont want another mc.. :(

Here's hoping everything is just as it should be for you frisbee :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"