2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

well i got Alfie weihed today and the stupid health visitor made me feel like crap!!
She weighed him and he's 11lb 12oz. She said oh thats a good amount he's gaines since last time (12oz in a month). anyway then she gets out the chart toplot it and says to me that he's dropped to the 9th percetile line which apparetly according to her means im not feeding him enough. when i said he will only take 4oz and some days he doesnt take it all on every bottle, she said well hes obviously unsettled between feeds because im not feeding him enough!
i wanted to scream at her!!! Alfie is the most chilled out baby and imnot gunna force feed him! we've only just sorted out his reflux so he's not being sick any more!

anyway sorry for the rant, just 7 hours later and im still mad!!!
hope ur all ok x

here's the latest pic of Alfie at my cousins wedding last week :D

224827_10151808821450398_589460962_n.jpg

578291_10151808821150398_1620315637_n.jpg
my little family :D

oh my goodness I wouldve been angry too! Did you tell her that he had a reflux issue that made him probably worried about eating?!?! I cant believe people sometimes!!

my appt went well, baby is SUPER low and head down, the midwife didnt check me (I knew she probably wouldnt) but she did go ahead and put give me an NST so that we could make sure the contractions werent consistant and regular. In the 10 minutes I was on the monitor Baby was going NUTS kicking the thing and the straps hahaha I also had about 4 to 5 really good contractions that didnt even tighten my abdomen but I felt them in my back slightly, almost like very mild period cramps, but the midwife said "woah.. that was a big one" more than once with the contractions... Im hoping this means I dont have long! my pelvic bone hurts so much with baby girl being so low!! :wacko:

Ooo Amber exciting stuff!! I hope you don't have too much longer to wait hun!

Congratulations Claire!!:flower:

Louise I can't believe they said that to you! Sam is on the 9th percentile and has been from the start, she should be supporting you not making you feel like you aren't doing it right!! Alfie looks gorgeous and like he is doing really well and sounds like you are doing what is best for him!! My midwife recommended we upped what we were giving Sam and he just kept throwing it back up so we changed it back! Don't blame you for being angry.

So sorry I have been MIA, this motherhood lark takes up so much time, can't believe I live my life by 3 hour cycles now!!:dohh:
Well Sam is doing really well, he is putting on weight all the time, he went from 5lb 12 to 6lb 10 in a week:wacko: and the midwife checked my lood pressure on Tuesday and reckoned he must be 7lb by now just by giving him a cuddle. I'm ff rather than bf, had real issues with the bf and got myself so down and felt so guilty about moving to formula but I've got myself over that now as he is doing so well and is generally happy lol so it can't be doing him any harm! Can't believe he is 3 weeks now, doesn't feel like 3 weeks ago I was recovering and still the size of a balloon with all the water retention!!

Finally managed to get some pictures that will upload on here... The first one is the day we bought Sam home and the other two were taken this week!

Attachments

• 2012-06-01 09.19.24.jpg
    2012-06-01 09.19.24.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2012-06-18 14.39.13.jpg
    2012-06-18 14.39.13.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012-06-19 11.09.06.jpg
    2012-06-19 11.09.06.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
Naomi he is absolutely adorable!!! We ff our DD because we had horrid issues with her not gaining weight and not getting enough from my supply.. Shes happy and healthy and 4 now so ff isnt going to be awful for him :thumbup:
Afm- last night I had quite a few contractions but they werent consistant.. I felt them in my back over and over and over again though... that makes me sad that I could potentially have back labor again like I did with our DD... its the worst!

ahhh naomi he is so cute!!
i know the battle you face from going to ff, but alfie decided by himself thats what he wanted andwasnt fussed by my milk and its so much better and stress free :D

Ive been having period-like cramps in my back since last night girls! what makes this exciting is that I took tylenol about an hour ago for a headache... the headache went away but Im still feeling the cramps! They arent painful but I can still notice them and I didnt think I would after taking the tylenol! Im going walking around with other moms today so hopefully it gets something going :haha:

wooooooooooo go amber!! come on little one, your mummy wants to meet you now.
hope its the start of good things :hugs:

Oooo... Sounds promising! Are u hoping to go early for some reason? Or did you go early with dd?

well my back is still achey and the period-like cramps are still coming and going from the from lower abdomen.. nothing bad yet and they are still inconsistant.. I might seduce the hubs tonight and see if that gets us anywhere :haha:
I did have our DD about 2 weeks early and she was and still is perfect and healthy and has had zero health issues.. so Im hoping this one decides to come like her sister.. so far Ive had a ton of BHs obviously and shes still SUPER low to where my hips hurt all the time now :wacko: I didnt have this kind of pain until a bit before our DD was born

Amber, you want LO to hold on a couple more weeks if she can, Jennifer was born at 35+3 and we have lots of hospital appts and daily meds to take, 35 weeks is a lot different to 38, I had to have steroid injections to strengthen Jennifers lungs, they're not ready to come yet.

I hope you're just having strong BH and not contractions, I'd have given anything for my little girl to have held on two more weeks :hugs:

I was just having a look, amber and I think your tickers arent working right! That's why I was confused too about why you were ready for baby to be here! :dohh: So you are almost 37 weeks... Not 35 ish... Right? That makes so much more sense! :haha:

Yep, shes measuring ahead of my ticker, shes measuring around 36 closer to 37 weeks. Im not that worried if she comes early as my midwife isnt worried either :thumbup: I know theres a huge different between 35 to full term Kate, I hope Jennifer isnt on the meds much longer :hugs: I know that has to be tough!!

FYI... I think I might be in labour. More detailed update in my journal... Gonna gland take a bath I think and try to sleep a bit... Haven't managed any sleep yet. :dohh:

Any updates Beth??
AFM Im dilated 3cm and 50% effaced as of thursday! :happydance:

wooooo go amber!!!

sorry ive been quiet, our internet was broken for like 3 weeks!! so i couldnt get on here!!
hope ur all well!

and on Beth's journal it says.............. Elijah James Wightman was born 28th June at 9:15 weighing 7.8 lbs

congrats Beth and welcome little Elijah

Congrats again Beth!!

I'm only online on my phone right now so I can't do ticker updates atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->