• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2012 Bump Buddies - The Watermelon Smugglers

Finally had enough time and energy to update tickers on the front page! :haha:

Anyone know what Amina named her baby boy? I had to give her a generic ticker because I don't know.

:hugs: to all

Amber they induced me as they knew things may get rough for me because my uterus is so stretched and boy were they right. My little one had been head down with no problem but she would not engage and I wasn't dialating much at all for being 39w4d. Even with inducing I did ok when i hit 5cm but they found out my platelets dropped to 109 leaving me no option but to get an epidural right then. Also She didn't drop into my pelvis until I was minutes from delivery! was just a very rough delivery and I was told by my docs my uterus was straight up worn out! Thats why induction was necessary and they also found out my baby was 41 weeks by doing a test. called dubawitz(sp)! She looks very post term too!

Wow! that definitely sounds rough Kim! I was simply curious :) Im glad she is healthy!

Amber-if that came across badly I am so sorry ...I tried to word the best I could but truthfully it sucked. At least she is here and I am ok and so is she. I do have a lingering problem my feet are huge and swollen and i was told that it was because of the fluids given during birth but 9-10 days later I am having a hard time believing it. We shall see what they say and the fact my hub wanted me to stay an extra night in the hospital and they didn't find anything wrong with my swelling although I never had any during my pregnancy just blows me away! Anyway we shall see and the fact that I still have a bruise from the IV they put in last week they don't find that my platelets are possibly still low blows me away as well. I sure hope they figure me out soon! Again sorry amber I didn't mean to come off wrong.How is everyone doing? I hope all is well with everyone. Can't wait to see who is next!:)

we named him Muhammed Hamza :)

Im sorry I have been absent but we are still struggling with breastfeeding :(. It has taken all my energy. I feel like giving up. I dont produce enough milk and it makes me so sad. Ive been giving him 2 bottles of formula so that he keeps gaining weight. We will see what happens. I want to BF so bad!

Heres a pic of him. Hes almost 4 weeks and is the sweetest most precious baby ever!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 11
Aw he's so cute!!

I'm sorry you're struggling with BF. There are times I want to give up to. Are there any lactation consultants at your hospital that can help? Try to not feel bad. It's hard work and I'm sure you're trying your best :hugs:

Im sorry your struggling to nurse! Have you tried drinking "mothers milk" or Red Raspberry leaf tea? its supposed to help with production.. also Fenugreek and alfalfa are natural herbal supplements and apparently eating oatmeal daily should help.. try pumping every hour even if you give him a bottle.. it might help :thumbup: I hope you get some answers!

It's been awfully quiet on here since all these watermelons have arrived!! Come on, new mamas, it's not like you have anything better to do than spend lots of time on bnb uploading adorable pics and updates on LO's to keep the rest of us sane for the last little bit of pregnancy! :haha:

Seriously though... Hope everyone is doing well! Recovering from births, navigating breast feeding and its challenges, and generally adjusting well to life with those precious bundles of joy. :hugs:

I know Beth! we are the next ones!! I can not WAIT!!! I feel like I might be leaking a little too.. shes definitely slowed down too.. Im glad I have an appt on Wednesday so I can get checked and see if things are moving along yay!

That is exciting amber! I don't think much is happening over here... He seems quite content in there!! :haha:

kim she is beautiful!!!
hope claire is ok........
amber and beth, i cant wait to see pics once you're little ones arrive!! not long now!!

as for us, well Alfie has found his voice!! he chatters away to me a lot, especially first thing in the morning!! he sounds somewhat like a strangled cat at the minute lol, but its so cute. he's smiling all the time too and lifting his head up during tummy time. he almost can hold his head steady, but still wobbles like the churchill nodding dog at times lol.
just cant believe he's 12 weeks old on thursday!! the time has just gone by so quickly!!

hope ur all ok :hugs:

Oh my goodness!! theres no WAY hes already 12 weeks!! It goes soooo fast!

Hi ladies just a quick post to let you know that baby Hannah was born on 15th June at 1.20 am. Thats me only just getting time to come on here to post as Hannah has had some breathing and feeding issues. Take care for now ladies ill try and get back on soon with the birth story and pictures xx

Congratulations Claire!
My appt isnt for another 3.5 hours UGH it was supposed to be earlier today but the dr got called into an emergency csect and they didnt have another opening until this evening. Plus side is I dont have to see the dr I get to see one of the midwives in the practice. Im hoping I can convince her to check me since Ive been feeling a lot of cramps and pressure lower down.. Im only 35 weeks but shes consistently been measuring a week ahead so we shall see what happens!

Hi ladies just a quick post to let you know that baby Hannah was born on 15th June at 1.20 am. Thats me only just getting time to come on here to post as Hannah has had some breathing and feeding issues. Take care for now ladies ill try and get back on soon with the birth story and pictures xx

Congratulations Claire!! Hope you both are doing well. :hugs:

Hiya ladies just popping by and realized how long it's been since I've been on here!!!!:wacko: congrats to all the new watermelons in the world ! Just a few more to go now. Hang I there ladies! Your time is coming soon (maybe real soon with these impatient watermelons!) I'm terrible about getting on here but I'm on fb all the time so anyone feel free to friend me as it'll be fun to pass pics to each other! Christina saltalamachia (carey). As for us everything is going well. I've returned to work part time with Nathan which is incredibly hard! Nathan is growing well. He's 15 wks today already! We have our next doc appt on Tuesday and fx he's grown enough to get above the 5-10 percentile (although they say that's not bad for a preemie) I'm on my phone so I can't post any pics but hea getting BIG! Now laughing and babbling away and this week he started tryin to sit up on his own!! Growing too fast! He's sleeping now so I'm goin to bed lol
Everyone take care and can't wait to see the next round of watermelons :)

Aw hon I'm dreading having to go back to work myself. Thank goodness we only have to work part time. So glad to hear Nathan is getting big!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->