2014 April Rainbows

Vietmamsie- Congrats!! She is just beautiful! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Brieanna- Good Luck and keep us posted! Can't wait to hear news of your little ones arrival :)

Congratulations Vietmamsie!! Im so glad everything is going well so far. Enjoy your beautiful little girl.
If you have any questions about the c section recovery I'm here.

Thanks Ladies! She is such a joy to be around. We are so lucky!

Lisa - so far, so good. Those first two days were rough, but feeling better here on Day 4. I think having my first BM in days this morning is helping with morale as well as calming those awful gas pains. I am walking a lot - up and down the ward a few times a day staring yesterday. Getting ready for the big climb up our 4 floor walk up tomorrow when we go home.

When did you start feeling normal again and not like your guts were going spill out every time you cough? I know it won't heal over night, but I am hoping to get back to caring for myself soon!

DH has been amazing... without him I could never do this! He is the main man when it comes to rocking, swaying, calming and changing little Lucy. Plus he has essentially done EVERYTHING for me the past few days. Love him... I also love seeing his reaction to his baby girl. He loves her so much and is so into this whole fatherhood thing.

Vietmamsie, I had really bad wind in hospital. My stomach was all lumpy and painful from wind.
As soon as I got home from hospital I bought shape wear that goes right up to underneath my boobs. I wore them day and night for the first 3 weeks. I couldn't do anything without them. It's only just now that I can walk and cough and sneeze without feeling like my insides might bust out. I only wear them during the day now. Although I have a 4 finger stomach muscle separation so if your stomach muscles are ok you may feel better faster. I think it will be at least a few more weeks till I'm not wearing shape wear all the time.
I can do almost everything comfortably now though. I just don't lift anything heavy because that's what they say not to do.

How amazing are our OHs!!! Mine was the same. He did everything and was so amazing! We are very lucky!

Good luck with going home and getting up those stairs. My baby blues started when I got home so hopefully you don't get them. If you do I'll tell you what worked for me to get through it.

Vietmamsie-Congratulations! Lucy is beautiful. With the failed induction, sometimes I think our bodies are smarter than we are!

AFM, It's a BOY!- Keelan Sage had a very scary entrance into the world via c-section at 3:35 pm weighing 8 lbs 5 oz. It turned out that the reason he wouldn't engage was because his cord was wrapped very tightly around his neck twice and holding him up! I can't even think about what might have happened if I actually had gone into labor without crying. He also swallowed a ton of meconium at some point and was so distressed they had to take him straight to NICU and were talking about taking him to a different hospital. Luckily when they put a tube down his throat to get the gunk out and he started doing so much better and is now being held by OH and can stay with us. I am sooo happy!

C-sections suck, but I am just so glad he is here and doing ok that I don't care at all that I didn't get my vbac and OH didn't get to cut the cord, etc. OH loved announcing to the room "It's a boy!" :)

I am going to rest now. I can't wait until all of us here are new mommas, it is the most wonderful feeling! :)

Brieanna: Congrats. :) That would be scary to know the circumstances of what was going on with him before hand if you tried a VBAC. I'm glad to know he was quickly taken care of and that things are going well so far. Hope your recovery goes well.

With my time approaching, it's interesting for me to see everyone's experiences. Right now I'm not sure if any of your who have had your LO's had the birth you wished you could have had. Ultimately, it's not up to us how they want to be brought into this world when rare medical conditions, preclampsia, etc, can easily change those plans. I know for me, being the huge "planning" type, we'll see if we're able to have her delivery be what we'd like it to be. We do have an open mind though that if anything needs to change in our plan, we are willing to look at options.

I am just happy for everyone who has brought healthy babies into this world. :)

Brieanna- Congrats! So glad your little man made it here safely after all that! Hope your c-section recovery is quick :)

I have my 39 week apt tomorrow. The OB will check for dilation...I'm hoping there will be some progress! Last week he said he would do a membrane sweep at this apt if I wanted, but not sure what I'll decide with that.

I love reading everyone's baby/birth story. It's so exciting after the long journey we've shared!

I'm 1cm dilated as of my OB apt today. I opted not to go with a membrane sweep and will just wait to see what happens in the next week. If baby doesn't arrive before my next apt in one week then I'll ask for a sweep to help things along. OB also said he will schedule an induction if I haven't gone by my due date next week.

I'm getting so anxious to meet this little man!!

Brianna - What a scary birth! But a beautiful one at the same time! He's here!

I am really glad that we stuck with the whole TEAM YELLOW thing... with all the complications and crazy birth, it was really nice still getting to have at least one of the little surprises we wanted to have saved for the end! Funny, when they pulled Lucy out, the doctor announced the gender in Vietnamese. DH asked in Vietnamese if it was a 'girlfriend' rather than 'baby Girl' so it was all pretty funny... took us a minute... lost in translation and me too out of it too remember Vietnamese!

Karina - Too true... most of us so far have had very different births than we planned for, but in the end all that matters is our little ones are here and healthy. All the things that turned me off from wanting anything other than a natural birth have proved to not really be an issue - fear that I would be paralyzed by the epidural, get really bad migraines, have a horrible back ache, baby would have problems breathing, one or both of us would die - the only hard thing has been the pain and discomfort... and the first two days after--- hate to even think about them!

Kasey - Your almost there! It is so hard to wait... I know just how you feel!

hey ladies,

i know everyone is AOK.....

had my babygirl on March 29th but had to remain in hospital due to elevated blood pressure.....

gonna post up pics soon....she is adorable....

Congrats to all you ladies on your new little ones... I lost track of everyone who just announced their arrivals!
AFM- just over 39 weeks and all ready to go. We are planning a home water birth and all that stuff is set up. I'm also team yellow so I can't wait to see if our ds with have a brother or sister. There currently are 5 grandsons in my family and no girls yet. I'm the only girl in my family 2 brothers and same with my mom... We shall see soon enough.

Take care everyone... Enjoying all your posts and can't wait for pictures!

Brieanna, Congratulations!! Thats all sounds very scary so luckily you are all here and healthy! Thats 3 sections between us now!!
How are you going with recovery and how is Keelan?

Karina, you're right.. no ones births are going to plan so far. I hope yours goes how you would like it too! Feels so weird my LO is 4 weeks old and some of you are still waiting. Cant wait to mummy talk with everyone.

Kasey, Hope your LO makes an appearance soon!

Vietmamsie, Hows Lucy going? Is BF happening for you? Did you get some shape wear?

Ebony, Congratulations on your daughter!! look forward to hearing more and seeing a pic soon!

Ice, Hope your LO comes soon also! I plan to be team yellow next pregnancy. Now that I've got my little girl i don't really care what the next one is so it will be exciting to wait.
Good luck with the water birth!

Morgan are you still around... have you had your girl? was it??

AFM - Everything is going great. We are exclusively formula feeding now... the medication did work to increase my milk supply so i stopped taking it and my milk dried up within a few days.
Elena had a tongue tie but it tore on it own the other day... kinda weird but didn't seem to bother her much.

Attachments

• IMG_0344_2.jpg
    IMG_0344_2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
Congrats on all the new arrivals!!

My little guy, Rowan, has arrived too :). I was induced on the 29th, had waters broken on the 30th and very quickly dilated to 10 cm. unfortunately baby's head was not in a good position and he wasn't moving down past +1. After 4 hours of pushing and a couple attempts by the doctor to turn him, he became stressed (heart rate dropping with each contraction) so I ended up with an emergency c section. He was born on the 31 st weighing 5 lbs 13 oz. Baby wasn't in great shape when he came out and needed to go to the NICU due to low body temp and very low blood sugar. Fortunately he came around after about 24 hours and is doing wonderfully now. We were in hospital for a week as my blood pressure spiked after delivery and I developed a spinal headache from the epidural. Fortunately those things seem to be resolving now too and I'm feeling much more like myself. Will post some photos soon!

Ebony- Congrats! glad to hear all is well and looking forward to seeing some pics of your little one :)

Lindsay- Congrats on Rowan's arrival :) So glad to hear that you are both doing well after all that! Can't wait to see some pics :)

Iceprincess- hope your little one arrives soon. Can't wait for some news :) Waiting is hard, hey?!

Vietmamsie- How are you feeling now? Hope your recovery is going well!

Lisa- Can't believe your little girl is 4 weeks already! Time sure flies!! She's as cute as ever :) My friends little girl was also tongue tied and that's why breast feeding never worked out for her. Things don't always go as planned, but tend to work out well in the end just the same!

Hey ladies! I haven't posted for a long time, but I've kept up with all of your posts. I can't believe most of us are already moms and have been for a while now! So cool to see pictures of your lo's! Congrats ladies!

Afm- ive been 70% effaced, no dilation, and baby girl is at -3 station since my 37 week appt with no progression this week. Me and dh are getting antsy to meet her! We have everything ready, just need to pack last minute things in the hospital bags. I'm definitely getting more and more uncomfortable as the days go on! We have an induction date scheduled for April 29th, a week past the due date, just in case she decides it's too comfortable in there. ;) I won't lie, I'm pretty terrified of labor, delivery, and recovery. But dh will be amazing (he already has been so helpful!) So I know I'll be fine. Also, I will be working up until I go into labor, but once I have dd I will be staying home with her. We are excited to try me being a sahm!

Looks like everyone is doing well! :)

KLMenke- Good to hear an update from you :) If I don't have the baby before my due date next week, I'll be on the induction list and will likely be induced around the same date that yours is scheduled for!

I'm also pretty terrified of the whole labor and recovery process! I try not to think too much about it and am keeping an open mind for whatever pain control method I might need! A friend of mine told me that it's nowhere near as bad as you imagine, so that was encouraging!

Like you, I know my oh will be great through it all. He's so supportive! Unfortunately, he did just start a new job this week, so taking time off once the baby arrives is not really an option. Luckily I also have lots of family around who will help out when he's at work if need be :)

Congrats to both Ebony and Lindsay. :) Hoping things are going well for both of you at this time.

Lisa - I was wondering the same about Morgan. Here's to hoping she's okay as well.

Kasey - I know at my 39 week appt tomorrow I'll be talking to my doctor about things. I know after reading you talk about the "sweeping the membranes" possibility for you, I maybe asking her about that and to see if it's possible to have done at the appointment. Due date's coming up on Tuesday and I'm really starting to get nervous, which I know isn't helping my body to relax when it needs to at this point.

KLMenke - You never know what can happen. I had lunch with a girl earlier this week who said she went to her OB and was told she wasn't dilated at all only to go into labor and have her son the next day. I forget how far along she was - maybe 39 weeks at the time?

IcePrincess - I give you credit for wanting to do a water birth at home. Here's hoping for no complications and that things will go smoothly for you. :)

DH has been a huge support for me lately, and I think he's just on edge all the time with any noise I make. Last night I was woken up by him asking me if I was okay because he thought he heard me scream in pain. Then he realized he was dreaming. Apparently he's preparing himself for when it actually does happen.

I know for me the one thing I am looking forward to be done with once this girl is out is not having the middle-right sided back pain and right abdominal pains. Lately it constantly feels as if my muscles are just tearing. I know they're not necessarily doing that, but sitting surely sucks. I'm still hoping she'll make her appearance this Sunday, but we shall see. DH thought she'd be here today, but there's definitely no sign of that happening as of yet.

And just to share some baby room pictures here you all are. I sat in the room tonight for about 15 minutes and just rocked in the chair and looked around and smiled. Was a great feeling.

Attachments

• baby room 2.jpg
    baby room 2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
  • baby room1.jpg
    baby room1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members