• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

2014 April Rainbows

Amber has been on a drool kick herself. A few people we know thinks she's getting ready to start teething. So we've been giving her teething toys, and she's a content baby chewing on things.

Also, one of our huge milestones was that she started to do some belly crawling a few weeks back when she was 12 weeks old. She can easily move herself about 5 feet and does get frustrated.

She also finally hit the 10 lbs mark within the last week or so. She's a healthy, skinny, tall girl for sure.

And for those with the diaper rash, I know in my mom's group they always raved about cocoanut oil helping. Amber had a brief diaper rash from multiple BMs in a day while at daycare but we only had Desitin - luckily it went away within 2 days.

For myself, I decided to seek out counseling therapy. My first session is this week. We have had so much happen between both my parents passing in the last year, the MC, the birth of Amber, having a tree recently hitting our house (now we may have to spend $10,000 USD to redo the roof - insurance won't cover all of that unfortunately), and with me going back to work, I'm stressed and now hate my job due to these pilots my division is doing - I loved my job before I left. I'm just needing to let go of my self image issues because I don't want Amber growing up seeing her mom having problems with her self esteem/self image. Pretty much I feel like I can't take on much more. I feel like a basket case at times in my own head.

But I am hoping everything with everyone is going well. I hope some of the other ladies come back to give their updates - Lisa, Ebony, Brienna, etc.

We are still having sleep issues. i hear you on the 15 minute naps! These last 2 weeks have been all about short naps and lots of night time wake ups. I think this is the 4 month sleep regression so i have hope that it will naturally end in a week or so!

I have found that pretty much the only way I can get her to nap longer is to nurse her to sleep in the rocking chair and just keep her there until she wakes or bounce her to sleep in the sling and keep bouncing until she wakes - sometimes as long as two hours! Not very convenient, but i figure it must be a good work out plus i can set the computer up on her changing table and be online while she sleeps. And it means she SLEEPS which is all thats really important.

She just started rolling back to belly and does it all the time now. but she seems to have forgotten how to roll belly to back and screams once she gets tired in tummy time! Its pretty funny, but it means I am pretty busy! I can't really leave her on her play mat any more because of all the movement. more supervision and shorter naps means less work getting done around the house and a very tired mom by the end of the day!

the diaper rash has almost completely cleared up. now the whole area just is really dried out from the creams. Luckily in was never bad enough for her to notice, but it did linger a bit longer than i was comfortable with. Her heat rashes are also going away so she is looking better all around!

I am so happy when I come on here and see this thread updated! I really want to keep in touch with everyone! Maybe we can connect via FaceBook for those of you who aren't on BnB much anymore.

Hey ladies! Sorry it's been so long. We bought a house while I was in labour and now we are trying to move in. With a hungry 16 pounder and an active almost 5 year old!

Kasey no af yet. With ds I didn't get it back until he was 11 months old. I had to go back to work at 4 months and only could bf when I was home. Pumping didn't really work as nothing much came out. Still no af even though we couldn't exclusively bf.

Vietmamsie- I've heard of the sleep regression. Hopefully it passes quickly! Glad to hear Lucy's rash is improving! Luke's is just about gone now.

Luke stopped rolling from belly to back for a while, but then started up again. He hasn't mastered back to belly though. It takes courage to admit when you need some help.

Karina- Have you has your first session yet? If so, I hope it went well and that you find it to be helpful! You've been through a lot and it's important to take care of yourself!

Ice- Glad I'm not the only one without AF! I'm starting to get nervous that I might be pregnant...though I think that's unlikely! I know it's not impossible though. A friend of mine has a 12 month old and a 1 week old. Think I may test just to out my mind at ease

How is the move going? A lot of work I'm sure, but exciting all the same :)

All is well with us! Luke is growing so fast...hard to believe he's already 3 months old! I guess you all know what I mean! Had a little scare with him yesterday. He was laying on the couch yesterday next to me and spit up. I turned my head to reach for some wipes and he rolled going head first off the couch...just caught him before he went over. What a fright! And I felt terrible :( lesson learned!

We're having a heat wave here. About 15 degrees hotter then what we're used to...needless to say we're all a little cranky lately!

I'm totally up for connecting on Facebook :)

Ice - Glad to hear things are going well!

kasey - just when it seemed to be better, it has come back! Im so frustrated. oh well, we'll just have to start again with the creams.

Lucy has been super frustrated lately. She is in such a crazy place developmentally. She is trying to do things, but just can't... She can only sit up while supported but cries when we try to hold her up. She grabs toys but drops them and cries. She rolls on her tummy, then cries because she cant get out. Days have been LONG and fussy around here.

Oh, and she rolled off a friends sofa - on to the floor. She hit her cheek and has a big bruise. I felt AWFUL. We rushed to the hospital. Of course all was ok (it was only about a foot high) but I am still shuck up about it. I am just so lucky that she rolled off there and it didn't happen at home on our changing table (that would be a LONG WAYS DOWN. I am totally freaked out now and have been changing her on the bed (only a foot off the ground) and being very careful about always having my eye on her. When does all this rolling calm down? I guess not until they start crawling, then there will be even more things to look out for!

Hey ladies... The move is stressful over here! No one really helping and DH is still massively depressed over the loss of his brother in January. So he's pretty much useless. I'm thinking we may be headed for separation or divorce. He thinks when I'm bf dd it's like a break so he plays on the computer or something. Ignores me if I ask for water or food. Dd is a SLOW eater and feeds can last 45min +
I'm at my wits end.

Thankfully no falls here but it happened to ds when he was a baby (off my grandparents bed cut his butt cheek on a rad heater).

Ice- I can see why you would be feeling stressed! Has your DH considered grief counselling? I can't imagine what he must be going through with such a loss, but it has to be frustrating that he's not "there" to help out more.

I hope you make some progress with the move and that you and DH can work things out.

Vietmamsie- I fine that Luke gets frustrated at times too. He wants so badly to sit up on his own but just can't withiut some form of support. Once he's actually mobile, I don't think he'll stop going for a second!

I think Luke is going through a growth spurt at the moment. Eating non-stop, but never satisfied...even waking up at night to feed, which is unusual for him! He's also super fussy! His reflux has been acting up since yesterday too. He barely slept at all last night, was up at 4:30 and has been cranky and crying on and off all day. I'm about ready to lose my mind today. I hate seeing him so uncomfortable and miserable. I'm hoping it's just one bad day, as he was doing so much better in that regard lately!

Ice- I am sorry this has all been so stressful - between the move, the baby any your husbands brother. Hang in there!

For us the new baby caused some major marital friction. It seems to be getting better, but it was really tough for a few weeks. I felt like DH didn't help out enough and rather than helping on fussy days or long nights he would yell at me that we needed a nanny. As lucy has become more active and fun to be around (playing, smiling, laughing) he has become more interested in pitching in. Also it is just easier now as she is pretty chill and bad nights are getting farther and fewer between. (edit - bad nights as in her crying.)

Kasey - sounds like Luke is entering the stage we are *hopefully* moving on from. for the past 4 weeks I have been up between 5-7 times a night. Really fussy evenings. Difficult naps (but if i just let her sleep on me they are good!). We finally had 2 'good nights' - 4 wake ups, then a 3 wake up night, and last night was only 2!!! I am not expecting perfection - 2 wake ups are fine by me! The only way I am able to cope is to just go to sleep when she sleeps. So I am turing in shortly after her - around 8pm! FX things don't get as bad for you as they did for me. I was a zombie there for a week before I started going to sleep early.

Other than the sleep issues, we are having so much fun. She is getting less frustrated as she is getting better at grabbing and getting things to her mouth. I have actually nicknamed her 'puppy' because she loves being on her tummy chewing on her toys! It is pretty cute!

Ice - Glad to hear things are going well!

kasey - just when it seemed to be better, it has come back! Im so frustrated. oh well, we'll just have to start again with the creams.

Lucy has been super frustrated lately. She is in such a crazy place developmentally. She is trying to do things, but just can't... She can only sit up while supported but cries when we try to hold her up. She grabs toys but drops them and cries. She rolls on her tummy, then cries because she cant get out. Days have been LONG and fussy around here.

Oh, and she rolled off a friends sofa - on to the floor. She hit her cheek and has a big bruise. I felt AWFUL. We rushed to the hospital. Of course all was ok (it was only about a foot high) but I am still shuck up about it. I am just so lucky that she rolled off there and it didn't happen at home on our changing table (that would be a LONG WAYS DOWN. I am totally freaked out now and have been changing her on the bed (only a foot off the ground) and being very careful about always having my eye on her. When does all this rolling calm down? I guess not until they start crawling, then there will be even more things to look out for!

Awww. Don't feel bad momma. Skylee fell off the couch last week, while I was sitting next to her :( I saw the movement, but couldn't react fast enough, and she rolled off and into the coffee table. Poor thing was sound assleep when it happened, scared the daylight out of both of us. I think I was still hyperventilating even after she had calmed down.

So glad to see so many updates. My LO ended up with her first tooth at just over 3months. She now has both bottom fronts, and I keep checking waiting for the next one.

Hi all...

I'm all for Facebooking as I don't get on her much these days.

Ice - I'm sorry to hear about all you're going through. I agree that maybe grief counseling would help him. I occasionally have issues knowing both my parents are gone but I also remember I have a beautiful little girl I have to be there for.

No teeth yet for us, and thankfully she hasn't rolled off anything either. But today I have been feeling awful because I accidently left one of her favorite toys at a restaurant I was at on Sunday. I called today and they don't have it. Boo.

No other major news. She loves her jump-a-too type activity toy we have and enjoys her bumbo chair. She's still such a thin girl that I think it's harder for her to figure out gravity lol.

PM me ladies with your FB info and I'll look for you.

Paintrider- glad to hear an update from you and know all is well!

Karina- Luke loves his Bumbo chair too! I think he likes the feeling of sitting up "on his own". We've been thinking of getting a jumperoo for his...thinking he'd love it. Do you have the kind that hangs in the doorway?

I'll pm you my email so that we can connect on Facebook :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"