2014 January Rainbows

Sorry I have been quiet, I am just catching up! I have been having a nightmare week. Everything has been going wrong or been annoyingly difficult. I have been run off my feet. Luckily everything is fine with baby, it's just work and bills and car and all this stuff has been going wrong, people have been trying to take the piss out of me or it's just been crazy to organise! I have done so much complaining recently lol

My employer is messing me about with my pay, it's really stressing me out cus maternity isn't too far away. I have contacted my union to help me but it's making it so awkward at work. She has reduced my pay without telling me, it's completely illegal and its hard not to think its cus I'm pregnant! Drama I do not need, I can't sleep at night worrying! I know it will be sorted cus my union are supporting me but until it's sorted I will worry.

Sorry to hear that Emmy. The last thing you need to worry about is work stress right now. I hope it gets sorted quickly so you can have some peace of mind.

Welcome back Rachel :) Glad to hear you had a nice trip.

Hope you feel better Lucy!

Emmy hope things get sorted soon hugs I feel your frustration, being on bed rest with no pay is driving me mad bc of the bills, yes hubby works but it's not the same hope everything gets resolved quickly.

Megan :wave: hope your well

Afm I'm feeling slightly better but still get a bit nauseas I have my NST thus morning and will tlk to the dr about it

Thanks ladies, I'm just super tired and worried about it! Glad you are all ok xx

Hey my ticker has suddenly changed to a cucumber!? I'm sure it wasn't that yesterday, I thought it was still a squash :wacko:

I know right? Mine was a squash now it's a pineapple, heck I'm happy at least it something new LOL

Yeah exactly I'm so happy it changed! I was getting so bored of being the same fruit for weeks! Ooo and I have a pineapple to look forward to!

:hi: Hello ladies!!

Rachel- Welcome back!!

Emmy- Sorry things are going awry for you! :hugs: I hope things get resolved. It's definitely illegal for her to reduce your pay. Although it's awkward at work, keep fighting!

Lucy- Feel better! I hope that crocheting comes along great!!

Lyndzo, Megan- :hi:

AFM- Feeling Violet a lot more lately. I looked heavily into things that the doctor was talking about with my nurse last week. They wouldn't directly talk to me, but would talk with each other and I made mental notes.. She said her "station" is at -2, with 1cm Dilation... After looking it up, it seems that baby is already engaged and preparing for her way out. Now, I could stay this way until 42 weeks, but I am going to see if my OB will check me at the appointment Thursday...things are getting increasingly more difficult..I want her to stay in, but am physically ready for her to be OUT! lol :haha:

And I'm still a squash! lol Oh well :dohh: :shrug:

Young I too am ready for Ivan to come out. I know it's still early but the weekly worry that something might go wrong us killing me. I keep telling my hubby I much rather they but in the hospital and keep an eye in him might be crazy me thinking like that but I worry tons.

Hope you get answers from your dr. Mine communicate with me but they end up scarring the crap out of me too.

Do you ladies know when the 8th of pregnancy begins ? Just curious LOL

Sorry I haven't been around, been a busy girl lately.

Had my shower on Saturday, it was fantastic. My cake was amazing! We got SO many things, I was completely overwhelmed (not to mention drowning in baby clothes!) We still needed a few bigger items like breast pump, 6m+ car seat (which we will buy a little later since not needed yet) change pad and a few more small items. I returned some clothes and had my gift cards and now I feel a lot more at ease about what we have.

Here's 2 pictures from my shower :)

Attachments

• shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 5
  • shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi all :flower:
Lyndzo- glad you had a lovely shower. Cake looks yummy! Wish we did the whole shower thing over here in the uk!
Emmy- aren't you a teacher? Thought They have very strict rules with pay and things as it's basically a government job (my whole family are teachers!) sounds very naughty to me- hope you get some good help from your union.

Hi Lucy, young and Megan :hi:

Afm- had a hospital check today- baby measuring in 90th centile- eeeeek!! Good job I'm 6ft tall and not tiny in the hip department!! They want me to stop working as my bp is up a little bit and my chest is a bit harsh. Think I'll stop in 2 weeks rather than 3, I'm not ready to give up yet!!
Baby is head down too- hope he stays that way!

Lyndzo- What a beautiful looking shower!! :D Glad you got a lot of gifts!!

Rachel- Hoping baby stays head down for you too!! Make sure you take it easy if doc says so! Don't push too hard!

My pay has been sorted! Phew I feel relieved! Yes your right Rachel there are very strict rules which is why it's so naughty! I think my headteacher was hoping I would just let it go!? Anyway I am getting that money back now. She didnt apologise but that's wishful thinking lol! Maybe I will get a good nights sleep tonight!

Awww Lyndzo your baby shower sounds lovely, I love your cake!

I would love to give up work now, I am so tired and ache all over but I just can't afford to give up yet! I need all my maternity time with the baby not before the birth!

Great pics Lyndzo! The cake is so cute.

Rachel - glad to hear the baby is head down. Agree with young, don't push yourself!

I had a massage this morning and had to stop because I got really dizzy and nauseated….not really the relaxing experience I was hoping for!! It seemed like whenever she did anything with my neck I'd feel sick, so she had to stop. I've also not had an appetite at all the last few days and everything I eat makes me feel sick…seems to get a little worse every day. Not sure what all this is about but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'll bring it up. Ugh.

I'm still lurking a lot here (hard to contribute on 3rd tri pregnancy when I don't have a lot of experience there) and thinking of all of you :) So glad everyone's pregnancies are going so well!

Lyndzo, love the cake and you look adorable! :)

I am kinda jealous of the fruit ticker and how it changed and now I can't use it! :p Oh well, it wasn't really accurate with my little girl for the last few weeks of my pregnancy anyway (she's a month behind where she should have been). She actually just reached 2lbs yesterday (at 32+2 gestational age). They did need to change the fruit ticker though, it gets boring the last few months when it doesn't change. Looking forward to using it next pregnancy (which hopefully won't be for another year or so).

And, an update on Hayley. Like I said, she's 2lbs 1oz now, she's a month and 3 days old today, and doing very well. They moved her to NICU 2 at the hospital on Saturday (the NICU unit for the babies that aren't critical). They said she can start trying a bottle soon when she starts showing signs that she's ready to try (which she's showing some of them now, so it won't be long). Basically we are just waiting for her to grow! But she IS growing :) <3

And last, but not least, a pic of Hayley (or 3)

Attachments

• Hayley.jpg
    Hayley.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 578090_10202161787782140_673824658_n.jpg
    578090_10202161787782140_673824658_n.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1451955_595102703884890_727691418_n.jpg
    1451955_595102703884890_727691418_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 6
She is getting bigger and looks really alert markswife! I am impressed with your hat making and love the tutu! So happy she is right on track!

She looks great and much bigger :D yay!! That she's moved NICU :)

Lyndzo you look great, love the cake looks yummy :) glad you got tons.

Emmy glad your pay is sorted, how naughty of the head teacher glad you spoke up

Rachel def take it easy, you font want yo for forced into stopping or bed rest that's worse believe me I'm going nuts

Megan def bring it up with you dr just to be safe

Young thanks for the link :)

Emmy- WOOHOO! Glad your pay got sorted out.. :yipee:

Megan- Sorry about your massage :( That really stinks when you were really looking forward to relaxing...bummer..

Markswife- Hayley looks beautiful and I am so glad that she got moved to NICU II! Congrats!

AFM- Last couple days I've been feeling like I have morning sickness all over again...only this time I can't put my head between my knees to help relieve it because of the big belly! Hoping the sickness is a brief phase!! HAPPY 33 WEEKS TO ME!!! and happy durian fruit?!?! never heard of that!, but happy for the change! lol :happydance: Here's a bump pic!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79