2014 January Rainbows

We are all busy mummies now! But I miss you all!

How is everyone doing?

We are doing great now, really got in the swing of things, I am able to get things done and get outmost of the time,I even went to the hairdressers yesterday! He is sleeping really well at the moment, fingers crossed it lasts! He only woke up to feed at 2am and 6am last night, such an improvement!

Lucy it must be hard giving Ivan to a babysitter how's that going? Xx

Hi ladies sorry I've been MIA for a bit- it's amazing how time is flying by!
We're doing better now too. Finally getting some more sleep. He's waking at 1ish and 4ish for feeds but sleeping well in between. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!
I've had some nipple issues do been pumping and bottle feeding- much harder work than just putting him on the boob! We're flying to Norway next weekend, I'm hoping it will be easy enough with a small baby. I'm more concerned with dressing him for the freezing temperatures over there. Got some cute wool thermal sets!!
Hope you are all ok. Miss you all loads xxx

Rachel glad he is sleeping better! Did you get the toddle pod? I did and he has had some good sleeps in it so thanks for the tip!

I know exactly how you feel, I was expressing and feeding Jaxson for first 4 weeks. It takes up so much time pumping, sterilising and washing bottles, storing breast milk etc etc back then Jaxson was feeding so often I couldn't get time to pump enough during the day and my milk supply lessened which made it even harder so I gave up! So keep trying, it's hard work but at least OH can give bottles sometimes now?

Enjoy Norway xx

I'm doing exclusive pumping here too (for now). The BFing was just too painful, we're probably going to go have her tongue tie clipped soon so we can give it a go again. Quinn was on the boobs for an hour, which the LC said was insane and to go clip the tongue.

The pumping has been getting annoying for me, but 20-25 mins of pumping (while DH gives her a bottle) is better than an hour of pain on my boobs. I hope the tongue clipping works and we can get back to some normal BFing.

Emmy we got the pod and it's been a lifesaver!!
Lyndzo- sorry you're having boob problems too! Pumping is a total pain- especially in the night but better than the nipple ache. I've been to the docs twice and they keep telling me my boob pain and non-healing cracked nipples are normal! I'm going again tomorrow- gonna pull the 'I'm a vet' card haha!!!

H ladies :)

Sorry I've been MIA been busy on my end as all of you are too.
Rachel hope you can get some relief on your boobs I never breastfeed long enough to feel any pain. Hope you have fun in Norway!!! we too are planning a little family get away we were going to fly to San Diego but decided to stay closer to home so were just driving about 3hrs away and staying for a few days just to unwind
Lyndzo hope getting the tie clipped makes it easier to feed Quinn but glad your able to pump I honestly hated pumping might be why my supply was so low
Emmy glad Jaxson is sleeping better it makes you feel more human when you gets little more sleep :D

AFM well Ivan did great with the babysitter he seemed to get most of the attention since he's the only baby there :D hubby is back off work so he's on baby duty while I work luckily we hired someone to help out in the office so I should be getting some days off soon.
Ivan and I both ended up super sick he got a horrible cold which he seems to be getting over now but he was such a good baby while sick, I got a cold and a stomach virus (not fun) but we're on the mend
Ivan seems to be on a nice little schedule now. I get home around 9-10 he gets a bath then he's down around 11:30-12 then sleeps until about 6-7 feeds then back to sleep until around 9-10 I'm one happy mama. But we did kick the hubs out of the bed LOL my little guy hates his crib but I'm going to try to put him in there soon I miss my hubs
I will try to come on here more often :

Wow Ivan is a good sleeper Lucy! I can't wait for that kind of sleep!!

Thanks ladies! We have been pumping for over a week now, this weekend I tried a few breast feeds. Some went well, some didn't. It still really hurts. We see the lactation consultant today, hoping to get more advice before we go ahead and book an appt to clip her tongue tie.

She also sees the doctor today for her 1 month appt, she was 10 pounds as of Friday. My little chunky monkey is growing fast! :)

Just got back - Quinn is 10lb3oz and 21.75 inches. WOW! :)

Awww growing well Lyndzo! All the pumping is worth it!

Jaxson was 11lb2 on Friday, they have never measured his length though, maybe they will on Wednesday at his 6 week check.

How is Quinn sleeping?

Grow babies grow!!! Sounds like they're doing well despite our boob issues!
Alex had a crap sleep last night so I've been a zombie today, hoping he's tired himself out for tonight!
Emmy- they measured Alex at his 8 week check up. He's 60cm :)

60cm! A metre! Big boy!

Is he still waking a lot Rachel?

His sleeping is still really hit and miss. Some nights he goes off fine and wakes twice for feeds- usually 1am and 4am, then other nights it's a nightmare trying to get him to stay asleep! He wakes up every 30 mins or so (usually when I've just gone to sleep!!). He's really active in his sleep, hands and arms everywhere so he wakes himself up. Tried swaddling hi and he hates it! Hoping it just keeps improving as he gets older. I think the truest statement I've hear since becoming a mum is 'it gets better with time'!! Not very helpful but true!
Hope everyone is doing ok xxx
image.jpg

Jaxson is exactly the same, feeds at around 1am and 4 too, sometimes he might go longer but he isn't asleep the whole time so it makes no difference to me. Jaxson grunts and thrashes around and I have to walk around with him to get him settled again. He sleeps so peacefully in my arms, just not if he is put down. I agree, time will pass and before we knw it thy will be grown up and we will miss these early weeks. The sleepless nights won't last forever.

Smiley Alex!

Here is smiley Jaxson

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
You all have such cute babies! Hope everyone is doing well.

Quinn will be 6 weeks this Wednesday. I'm looking forward to longer sleep stretches, some people say 6 weeks is the magic number.. guess we will see!

Here's my little monkey :)

Attachments

• quinn_5weeks.jpg
    quinn_5weeks.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
Cute Quinn!! For us it was week 8 lyndzo. He just suddenly started doing it!!
We're in Norway now. The flight went really well, Alex slept and fed the whole way!

Lyndzo, Jaxson is 7 weeks tomorrow and has been sleeping better for the last few days, only waking around 1or 2am for a feed and sleeping from 11 till 6. He has been sleeping less in the day and so been quite fussy and clingy but at least the nights are better.

Rachel glad to hear Alex is sleeping better, how long is he going now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->