2014 January Rainbows

Unfortunately I think it's normal at that age Emmy. Especially boys- they're often more hungry!!
We managed to get Alex to take a dummy for a bit last night- with it he slept for half hour periods on and off all night in his bed. Sounds like nothing but it's progress for us!!!

I use Dr Brown's bottles with Hayley too! They GREATLY improved her eating and gas and she just loves it! I have tried switching around different bottles but always go back to Dr Brown's because that's what Hayley is least fussy with and loves. :)

Hayley gets in super hunger mode at night (from 11 to 2 usually) and will be constantly rooting and if I don't give her a bottle she starts fussing like crazy (and will fuss when I take it away from her). We try giving her the paci and she always ends up spitting it out after a couple of minutes when she figures out nothing is coming out of it. She has done this since her first week home. Silly girl!

Emmy Emmett did the 2 hour feed for a while too. It's really tiring! He started going longer stretches around 6 weeks...I think. It's hard to remember anything.

Emmett had a feeding frenzy from about 5-12 last night. I thought it was never going to end! He was eating about every 45 minutes and was wide awake the entire time. I'm thinking growth spurt because he has been sleeping soundly for the past 2 hours.

We are having family pictures done today. I'm exhausted but excited. I hope the giant bags under my eyes can be photoshopped out! I'll post one when we get them back.

Hope everyone is doing ok and gets some sleep :)

Yeah I think it's a phase! Well I hope! So I got the dr browns bottles and this evening I started using colief in his milk, it's expensive but worth a try! So I'm going to see if it improves this week. He has had greenish poo's the last couple of days and really straining to get them out and when they come out they are explosive! Anyone else experienced this? I think it must be the wind. I read online formula fed babies can sometimes have green poo cus of the iron and lactose in the formula :shrug::shrug:

Yeah he does take a dummy and it does soothe him but not for long if he wants feeding!

Aww that's nice Megan, can't wait to see the pics!

I just want to tell you ladies about my new machine that I love! The perfect prep by tommee tippee. It makes formula feeds up in less then 2 minutes ready at room temperature! So no more boiling the kettle and waiting half an hour! If you formula feed its brilliant! It was reduced in amazon for £65. It's very clever, it shoots boiled water into the bottle, then you add the formula and then it shoots cooled sterile water into the bottle to make it room temp and ready to use.

emmy that's amazing. I didn't even know those existed. I would have loved that with my first. I think that would be worth every penny.

Hope all you ladies and babies are doing great!

I'm getting used to the new mom schedule, feedings are going a lot better. She still falls asleep a lot but things have improved. Hopefully at Quinn's check-up tomorrow she'll be close to her birth weight.

It's been a rough few days for me though, I developed a full body rash and it's SO itchy. The doctor said it was an allergic reaction to something I ingested (and told me to stop taking my pain killers - my incision is not pleased). But from what I've researched it's something called Pupps from a hormone imbalance. I'm on Pregnazone but so far it's not working. Luckily I see the doctor again tomorrow for Quinn's appointment and can talk to her again. I'm probably alone but did anyone else get an itchy rash after baby?

Megan it's a life saver! I recommend to anyone who is formula feeding. My breast milk has gone now:cry: so he had almost 3 weeks of it so I spose that's better than nothing.

Sorry Lyndzo, didn't have a rash, speak to your doctor about it tomorrow though, you shouldn't have to be in pain! Hormones after birth are crazy, I swelled up huge, my feet were enormous!! But it went away after a week and midwife said it was hormones retaining water after birth so hopefully the ah wont last long xx

Still suffering from the rash, covering my whole body. Doctor thinks it may be "Pupps" from hormones or a delayed reaction from all the drugs during labour. As if recovering from a C-Section with a newborn isn't hard enough?! The things we go through... still worth it though :)

Sorry to hear Lyndzo. Hope you get better soon. Were they able to give you anything to help or do you have to wait it out??

I have to wait it out. We have newborn photos on Saturday so I'll have to find a nice long sleeve top to cover up the rash on the arms. Good thing people will be looking at her and not me LOL

That sucks Lyndzo! I hope you feel better soon, Can't wait to see all these new born pics tho xx

Lyndzo Quinn lookssoooooo cute in your avatar pic!!

How is everyone?

Jaxson is a month old today! Wow

Happy one month Jaxson!! Emmy your picture is really cute. What beautiful family :)

We are doing well :) Emmett was 2 months on the 10th and is starting to give me 5-6 hr stretches at night a little more regularly! We had a really tough few days right around 8 weeks old...I think it was another growth spurt. So much crying and I couldn't put him down, it was terrible. He is back to my nice baby again though, haha.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks Megan :hugs:

That's so good about the longer sleep! I can't wait for that!!! Jaxson is doing 3 hours now which is better than 2 at least,occasionally at night he gives me 4. I have days where Jaxson cries and is so clingy too, I think babies get mood swings too lol

Any pics to share everyone?

Thanks Emmy!

Quinn is 3 weeks old today. She was nice and let me get two 3 hour stretches of sleep last night. It helped SO much! She's starting her extra fussy stage - can't wait until she's 6 weeks when apparently that stops a bit. I have the Wonder Weeks app on my phone and it says she's about to start her first leap. I can't wait until she can start to focus more and eventually be able to play with her.

Can't resist.. here's a couple of recent pics :)

Attachments

• 3weeks.jpg
    3weeks.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 3weeks_2.jpg
    3weeks_2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1
Awwwww so gorgeous!! She is a similar size to Jaxson, I want to bite their chubby cheeks!

Hi ladies :wave: been awhile sorry busy on my end. Ivan is doing good at night too only waking once to feed :) loving it.

He's now going to a babysitter bc hubby went back to work it was a little hard at first but going good now, I do wish I could be a stay at home mommy tho

Hi to everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"