2014 January Rainbows

Lol he is definitely your baby! You made him, grew him, carried him, gave life to him! You are his mummy!! Your the most important person in his life. Crazy MIL!

Crazy mother in laws!! Mine is flying in tomorrow but she is really lovely (and only staying 3 days....in a hotel!!)
How's the sleep going Emmy? Did your new bedside cot arrive? Alex is still as bad!!
It's my birthday tomorrow!! I had totally forgotten!! May treat myself to a large glass of champagne!

mmm...I love champagne. Maybe I'll toast your birthday tomorrow too, haha.

MIL's, ugh. Mine is mostly lovely but has her moments!

Emmett slept for 6 hours last night!! He screamed bloody murder for about 2 hours beforehand though. I finally used the 5 s approach and it worked! It was exhausting though. Here's the link to the site...maybe it'll help if anyone has a fussy baby.

https://www.happiestbaby.com/the-five-s-way-to-calm-a-fussy-baby/

I should add that it worked really quickly but we kept swinging him for about 10 minutes after to make sure he was good and settled :)

I'm glad I only deal with MIL through the phone :)

So Ivan had two tough nights and last night I gave him a dif formula it's the sensitive one helps with fussiness, gas and spit up it worked he slept from about 1am to 4:30 then wouldn't go back to sleep but wasn't crying just hanging out which I prefer :) so this afternoon my hubby tried the formula he was on he vomited twice from it :( so I talked to his dr and he's now on the sensitive formula praying for more sleep soon

Rachel we might all join you and celebrate your bday I think we all need a glass of something LOL

Megan I've done some of the "S"s sometimes it works other it pisses him off more LOL shushing and gently bouncing seems to do the trick oh and walking through the apt with the tv or music on
A little pic of my lo :)
https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/lucy529/th_e2b818b5eea8d27015e2eae10287ea43_zps73b16c66.jpg

Happy birthday Rachel! Enjoy your glass of bubbly! :flower:

Sleep isn't going good right now! The cot is really good that's working lovely but Jaxson has started something new which is straining, whining and whinging all night. Half the time it is in his sleep and really noisy but he keeps waking himself up doing it. He sounds really uncomfortable like he has wind but he always brings wind up and I am using the infacol. He is taking forever to go back to sleep after feeds and last 2 nights has woken every 2 hours to eat so I have had no sleep, last night I probably got 1 hour! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Don't know what to do, his naps in the day are quiet and peaceful :shrug:

Emmy- maybe he's having a growth spurt and needing to feed a lot? Alex is very whiney in the evenings now- lots of trumping so it's wind. The infacol has done nothing for us.
I had a nice birthday but it's 4:40am here and Alex has refused the cot all night! I've been very naughty and had to let him sleep on my chest- I've been dozing in and out of sleep which I'm sure I'd get screamed at about safety but it's impossible to stay awake now, I'm so tired!
I've ordered a toddle pod to see if he likes sleeping in that. A girl from bf group suggested it. Fingers crossed!!
I've tried the s's but out main problem is getting him to stay asleep in the cot rather than falling to sleep in general. He likes the sushing and 'shaking' though!!

Rachel happy belated birthday hope you had some bubbly :) we have to do what we have to do to get some sleep. Ivan has trouble sleeping in his crib but will sleep for hours in his play pen during the day :/

My hubby has been great with him especially at night but there's days I feel so guilty bc I go out to work and he's home with him, I feel like I'm missing a lot of time with him :(

Rachel it sounds like Alex and Jaxson were separated at birth! Jaxson is exactly the same and I slept with him on my chest from5-7 am today I was dozing in and out of sleep too. I know what people say about safety but it's the only way sometimes and much more dangerous for me to look after him all day on my own with no sleep! I'm going to look up what a toddle pod is now x

Toddle pod looks good! Is pricey though, can they sleep in them overnight? I always read that you shouldn't use anything but Jaxson loves naps with the baby nest, I would like to put that toddle pod in the co sleeper I bet he would snuggle into that and sleep! X

It doesn't say they can't or can sleep in them but I know people that let them sleep overnight. I think they're safe and I plan to put mine in the cot. Jaxson may need the smaller one- poddle pod.
I'm willing to try anything!
My dh is off work today and took Alex this morning so I slept from 6-9:30am- bliss...but I woke feeling like my boobs were gonna explode!!

Yeah I think I will get the poddle pod! I also saw the sleepyhead pod from John Lewis but its twice the price at £100 so I think that's too much money, it looks really nice but I keep buying things in a sleep deprived state and will have no money left! :haha:

I'm also going to buy some of those anti colic bottles to see if that helps his wind. Jaxson is also farting like a trooper!!

I'm hoping for a lie in tomorrow aswell! I hope OH is up for it lol. I'm still expressing and my boobs hurt after a few hours so I can't imagine what yours must feel like!!

I think the sleepy head has had more testing so is officially safe to sleep in. I nearly bought one but think the pod is ok and more value for money.
I've also got the dr browns bottles for Alex and they massively reduced his wind. Had the tommy tippy closer to nature before.
It sounds like we're having exactly the same problems Emmy!!!

We are Rachel!! I have the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles too they do an anti colic version which i was gong to buy, are the dr browns ones good? Going to go shopping for some tomorrow and take Jaxson out, maybe some fresh air will help him sleep!

Does Alex strain and get himself in a state with the wind? Jaxson does but I know he isn't constipated cus his poo is soft. I read somewhere that their digestive systems are just little and babies don't know how to deal with all the things gong on in there and that it just feels strange for them that's why they get groggy. It sounds painful to me!

Dr browns are the most recommended for colic and wind. They have helped us a lot. He had periods if time after eating where he yelps and goes red in the face, curls his back up and grunts- then let's out big farts and poops!!! It's hard to console him until it passes. I just hug him on my chest and firmly stroke his back. Sometimes putting him back on the boob helps but he can suddenly jump with the pain and tug hard on my nipple- ouch!!!

Meant to say- Alex can't drink from the dr browns as fast- they're slower flow and mimics more normal feeding. He used to guzzle and gulp the tommy tippy ones- but they weren't the anti colic so not sure what they would be like xxx

we use dr browns too...did for Carter as well. We liked them a lot :) Good luck with sleep this weekend ladies!! Fingers crossed for you.

I think I will invest in the dr browns then, he really guzzles the tommee tippee ones too, as if he is starved! I am considering changing his formula to hungry baby if he still wants feeding every 2 hours over the next couple of weeks. He is non stop feeding!

Settling in for another night! Fingers crossed!

Jaxson wakes for food every 2 hours without fail. I don't know if this is a growth spurt or what. I try and hold off the food and make sure everything else is ok with him like nappy, wind, trying to soothe him but he just wants the food!!

I could try the hungry baby formula, maybe just at night?? I have read that some babies get constipated or extra windy on it, which we definitely don't need!! Maybe I should just ride this out :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"