2014 May Rainbows

Congrats Starry & Mrs Gax!!!

It's so wonderful to have our rainbows :) I still can't believe Asher is almost 3 weeks old!! We had his tonge tie clipped and turns our his lip too. He's been off since them and had some kind of tummy bug :/. We see our lactation consultant tomorrow hoping she can get us back on track for breast feeding!!

Congrats on the new babies Starry and MsGax!

Starry don't stress! a new baby doesn't even need a full tsp at first :)

I found out the other day I STILL get to vbac next time! :wahoo:!

Nursing is going really well now. I do it most of the time but I don't plan on giving up the bottles any time soon. Especially at night. I am way too tired and just can't hold her long enough for her to finish. I've had a few close calls already of nearly dropping her. Maybe once the nighttime feeds are down to one or two rather than, like, 30. LOL I hate the stage where days and nights are mixed up. Bottles are also useful for the times I can't nurse her. I was hospitalized a few days back to get some blood transfusions and it really helped that DH was able to feed her the two days I was away.

And that's great that you are still eligible for your VBAC. I was a few contractions away from another section and here they won't let you VBAC after two sections.

I didn't think I could here either. She was asking how I felt about needing the section and not having a successful vaginal delivery and then she starting talking about next time after asking if we wanted more kids. I was shocked but over the moon! It's bc my surgeries had nothing to do with labor and we're really random flukes like breech baby and the infection.

I hate bottle feeding. I like having a free hand and I curl up on our big bed at night sitting up with the boppy usually to support my arms. Then I doze off sometimes. It was the only way I got any sleep at first.

He sort of slept thru the night Sunday! 11pm to 530am ate then back down til 930! Last night he went 12am to 4am. I'm so grateful bc the mw was concerned I wasn't getting enough sleep. She said she wanted me to get 4hrs in one stretch once a night at least.

Also got my 1st depo shot :) so far not bad. It's very nice and stress free and works since I need to take my time and heal so I can try for a vaginal delivery.

So glad I got to check in quick :) sneaking some alone time in a hot bath while daddy has baby :haha:

I'm so jealous of the breast feeding :/. Asher's tongue & lip have been fixed and mostly healed. Now it's convincing him he wants the breast. I get one or two (three if I'm lucky) feeds per day in the breast. But I still need to supplement those feeds because he's not efficient enough yet. And that won't come without practice! This is one stubborn baby. I wish I could be done with pumping & bottles and all the extra time/ work each feed. He's up every two hours at night so after feeding him, pumping & washing everything I'm lucky to get an hour before he feeds again :/. I
Wish we could go back to that second night and refuse the bottle of formula the nurse gave us :/. He should have been getting expressed colostrum in a cup/ eye dropper/ syringe. If only I knew then what I know now :/.

You don't need to wash every time you pump. Rinse with warm water and wash every six hrs since the breast milk can be kept at room temp for up to 6 hrs. Or I've heard of women keeping a plastic bin in the fridge for the parts and alternating between 2sets. I hope it goes better. Latching problems are really tough. We've gone through them with both boys bc of the milk allergies.

Hey everyone how are you all? And your beautiful rainbows??

Nancy has settled in really well, she's such a good girl so content :) breast feeding is going well and she is gaining loads of weight, at her weigh in last week she had gained 3lb 8ozs since birth!! Already grown out of newborn and up to one month!! But I guess she is 7 weeks now so on track I would say.

Hope you are all well xxx

Glad to hear Nancy is doing so well! And that BFing is going well too.

I've decided to make the switch to FFing. BFing was going mostly well from a physical standpoint as far as I could tell but I just hate it too much and that was making my PPD even worse. I've since looked online and apparently there is an official condition where negative hormones are released during the letdown rather than the good ones that are supposed to come. It's not the same as PPD but as I already have that it really didn't help. Switching to FFing has vastly improved my mood and DD's as well. I knew she was getting something from me as I could hear her gulping milk down and she would spit some up afterwards but she'd always want a full bottle right after as well...even if I had been nursing for an hour. FFing gives me a sense of control too so I think that helps with the PPD in a big way.

I feel a little bit guilty but I know I made the right decision. :thumbup:

No don't feel guilty!! You must always do what is best for YOU! Because if your not happy then lo is not happy,

So please try and let the guilt go you are going thru enough with the ppd
And you said yourself dd is already happier. Well done you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->