2014 May Rainbows

I hope the appointment goes well and you can find a routine that works for you.

How's everyone doing??

Any news Starry?

AFM our breast feeding is improving by the day! Hoping to not need to pump after the weekend!!

Think we are getting a sleep pattern going! :dance:

Hope everybody is doing well. I'm ready for another!!! :rofl:

Darlin that thought crossed my mind too :) I miss my bump and having LO with me all the time ;) almost 2 weeks old and he's already grown and changed so much! Hard to believe. No idea what happened to the past two weeks! We did newborn photos today and they turned out great! So excited :)

We are going to do some at home tomorrow, today was mostly family ones, and a few baby ones. I have some neck ties, a long sleep cap that I crocheted, and an aviator hat (also crocheted) and aviator sunglasses, can't wait!

Not sure if I posted about the excess of bloodwork that LO needed (jaundice plus certain blood type doctor ordered extra samples to check for a rare disorder), but it was awful. It took me, dad and a nurse to hold LO down and a second nurse to actually take the blood. 3 vials! Then they called yesterday that one vial clotted and they need to take it again! Ugh, not sure I can handle another 15 mins of screaming from LO and sobbing from me :(. Especially after. His Circumsision on Sunday, another 10 mins of screaming and me sobbing :(. Not looking forward to that.....

Darlin - that's great that you're getting a sleep routine down. Makes it easier on everyone! And yeah, the post partum broodiness. :haha:

Sunny - I hate when DS has to get needles or any sort of medical treatment done. He still screams the house down just for stethoscopes and ear probes. That sucks they have to take another vial of blood. Poor little guy. And good luck with his circumcision. I hope it goes more smoothly than anticipated.

afm - still pregnant! la la la :loopy: Last night I was up for hours just feeling antsy and fighting the urge to clean. Hope that is a step in the right direction. Also lost a small piece of brown-tinted plug this morning but still no cramps or anything else since. ](*,)

Sorry, I should clarify.... He was circumcised this past Sunday... He did well, but still cried :/ we also found that his urethra exits just below the tip of his manhood and so he will need corrective surgery around a year old :/ but it's mostly aesthetic. When he hits puberty it could be an issue so it is routinely corrected to avoid future issues. Apparently the most common birth defect in boys? His jaundice is past all clear! And he's gaining weight well! Reached his birthweight by his one week check up :) lol

Oh, whoops. I misread that.

I'm sorry he has to have corrective surgery but it is much better to deal with now than later. And kids bounce back so quickly from these things. In the long run you'll probably be more upset than he will be.

We had to get a corrective helmet for our son's flat head syndrome and it got us a lot of weird looks and everyone kept assuming we got it for safety reasons (I'm not THAT paranoid) but I didn't want him appearing disfigured as a teenager when it could be so easily fixed now. I just felt he wouldn't forgive us later on if we had left it alone.

I'm glad your DS' jaundice is all clear and good work on getting his weight up! :)

He's nursing much better now but that means we have no idea how much he's actually eating :) with pumping and bottle feeds we knew exactly how much he took. I think DH is more concerned than I. I'm planning to feed on demand so I'm sure LO will get what he needs.

Going by how many diapers you go through is the best way to judge at this point along with weight gain.

I'm glad BFing is going much better for you now. :)

So glad this thread is still going. We are back at children's hospital. Unfortunately Arya's calcium got high like we thought it would so we have iv fluids flushing the calcium out and she is now on special formula that has little calcium in it. Hoping the formula makes the calcium stay down. Just have to find something that works that we can do at home so we don't have to stay in the hospital too long.

The high calcium comes from the subcutaneous fat necrosis she had when she was born with.

Schiltzie sorry to hear you're back at hospital but glad you're getting things under control.

AFM our lactation consultant thinks Asher has a tongue tie. Not the typical at the front but more restricted movement from the base of his tongue being too tight. This would explain our nursing issues. Often not diagnosed until 3-6 months this is often a hidden cause of why mins give up bf. Apparently he can't suck well enough to drain the breast. So we're lucky that I've already been pumping!! And hopefully we see the doctor to clip it ASAP and nursing should then be much easier!!! Yet amazing LC :)

:hugs: Schultzie -I'm sorry your little one has had to go back to the hospital. Sounds stressful. But she's in good hands and I hope the doctors are able to quickly find a way for you to bring her back home.

Sunny - that's wonderful that the LC was able to find the cause of your issues and that it is something that can be relatively easy to sort out.

afm - had the CRUELEST bout of false labour the night before my due date. I was having moderate cramps every 5ish minutes for over 5 hours that just would not go away no matter what I did. Even woke up in the middle of the night with this intense pressure down below and could felt my baby's head between my legs. Things started to slow yesterday and in the afternoon everything just stopped and nothing has happened since. :nope: I had even had strong nesting and a bit of bloody show. I just don't get what happened. Feeling very bummed out as I feel completely normal now and have no sense of baby coming soon.

Also, how on earth am I supposed to recognize real labour now when the false stuff is so convincing?? :cry:

Starry that sucks :/. I never had to wait like that and guess at what was going on. I'm sure baby will make an appearance soon! And with all this 'practice' false labour hopefully the real thing will be quick and easy ;). I've got my fingers crossed!

Sunny glad to hear you are getting things sorted out and you keep with the breast feeding!

Starry sorry about the false labor. Hopefully it means your lo will be hear soon!

schultzie - how is LO doing? Do you know if you're able to bring her home soon?

afm - drama continuing. Cramps still starting and stopping and lost a huge chunk of plug this morning. But when cramps were going last night (some got very strong) I felt little miss pushing herself up against the downward pressure. Seems like my body is TRYING to go into labour but she is fighting it. My labour with DS was actually rather similar so it seems I'm the sort where this early stage can drag out for days on end. I just hope it ends soon because it's emotionally draining. At least this time I'm being smart and letting myself sleep. With DS I kept myself awake at night to time contractions and by the time he was born I had no energy to even try to push so was grateful I needed the section in the end.

Update: We were able to bring Arya home yesterday. They put her on special formula that has almost no calcium in it which so far has worked to keep her calcium levels within normal range. We get blood taken tomorrow to check it again to make sure it stays where we want it.

I can't believe how much Arya has changed since we got her calcium in normal range. She is so much more awake and eating so much better!

Schiltzie we noticed the same thing with Asher when we got his jaundice under control. He's so nice to know they're doing well isn't it :)

I'm glad Arya is home now!

We're home now too. :) Baby Hannah was born June 2nd at 1:30am via forceps delivery. So I did get my VBAC though I was literally one or two more contractions away from another section. I got a second degree episomotemy and now have a bladder infection but I think things are otherwise OK. Hannah is doing awesome. She was born weight 8 pounds, 2 ounces.

We are combi-feeding right now. She's at least trying to nurse but my milk hasn't come in yet and I honestly think she's getting more of her nourishment from the formula. If I don't top off a feed with formula she gets really fussy and roots around even if she's been suckling really well for about 15 minutes per breast. Though those times the top off is USUALLY smaller amounts than the nursing sessions where she fights it

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and say Hello and congrats to all of us! Our rainbows are here! I hope everyone is recovering nicely! Gavin is doing well, I ended up having a C section and have been having a lot of issues over that, but what matters is a healthy rainbow. I hope that you are all doing great! You have all been on my heart this week. Hugs to all. :flower:

Congrats to you too, Mrs Gax. I agree, the most important thing is having happy and healthy rainbows. And I truly adore the name Gavin. It's been a favourite since my teens but DH didn't let me use it when we had our son. I'm sorry you're having some troubles with recovering from your section.

afm - feeling quite unprepared for baby actually. Realized I have nothing ready for bottles. It's so great I have all those sample boxes of ready-to-go formula bottles. We still need to buy new nipples for the bottles. I'm letting Hannah cluster feed on the boob so I'm hoping it allows my milk to come in. Her poops are all dark and thick so that's what makes me think it's the formula that is actually nourishing her. But she's not even 2 days old yet so it could be that too. Even DS got the seedy poops and I definitely had supply issues with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->