**!! 2015 Christmas Bargain Thread !!**

Just got the Paw Patrol Training Activity centre from Amazon.com for just under £18 inc postage to uk. It's £29.99 over here.

I've seen a few things cheaper here but how does it work? Will I get charged taxes or charges for paying in £££s

I thought it was something to do with being under £20 but my friend explained last night

"It doesn't matter how much it costs, it's whether it gets stopped at the airport. According to the wee guys at my sorting office, the mail comes in to Heathrow, and they pick a few wagons to go through and see if anyone them have tax to pay. The other wagons go through and if your parcel is in those, you don't pay . Royal Mail also charge a handling fee of £8 (I think, might be £9) so even if the tax is 30p, you pay the handling charge too. If it's via courier, then it's just the tax you pay as the courier fee will be in with the initial postage you pay xx"

Bloody better not :rofl: It's hit or miss. I'm happy to go for it and see haha

I ordered from Amazon.com once and the fees were included in the postage price so there was no chance of having anything else to pay upon delivery :) I have been stung by customs in the past though, the Royal Mail handling fee is more than the other charges sometimes!

Lego City Advent Calendar - £13.99!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-City-60099-Advent-Calendar/dp/B00SDTYX2Q

Edit: back up now, boo! Managed to get one though wheeeyy

I know it isn't technically a ' bargain' as it's not reduced or anything but Savers currently have TMNT Toothpaste for 89p I know some people like things like that as sticking fillers

I know it isn't technically a ' bargain' as it's not reduced or anything but Savers currently have TMNT Toothpaste for 89p I know some people like things like that as sticking fillers

Oh, thank you for this! I was actually going to buy some from eBay last night for about £3.50 :wacko::dohh: TG I didn't!

Just got the Paw Patrol Training Activity centre from Amazon.com for just under £18 inc postage to uk. It's £29.99 over here.

I've seen a few things cheaper here but how does it work? Will I get charged taxes or charges for paying in £££s

I thought it was something to do with being under £20 but my friend explained last night

"It doesn't matter how much it costs, it's whether it gets stopped at the airport. According to the wee guys at my sorting office, the mail comes in to Heathrow, and they pick a few wagons to go through and see if anyone them have tax to pay. The other wagons go through and if your parcel is in those, you don't pay . Royal Mail also charge a handling fee of £8 (I think, might be £9) so even if the tax is 30p, you pay the handling charge too. If it's via courier, then it's just the tax you pay as the courier fee will be in with the initial postage you pay xx"

Bloody better not :rofl: It's hit or miss. I'm happy to go for it and see haha

I ordered from America before and I get stung every flipping time!!! It's not cheap either, £14 last time!:dohh:

Just been to my local Tesco and got My Little Pony Walking Talking Pinkie Pie for £12.50

Also bought Peter Rabbit, Lily Bobtail and Benjamin something - talking plushes for £6.50 each. Bargains!

Majorly annoyed! Since when can't you use an elc birthday code on sale items?

^ while on that subject does anyone need a code, i've just been emailed one today for my childs birthday which is in may :S yet i didn't get one for my child whos birthday was last month lol!
I won't be needing it as theres nothing they want from there

Can someone help me out, oh was talking about the xbox one and how you can get online and play with friends. And he said you need a pass thing. Apparently costs about £20 a year. Someone tell me what it's called and where I can buy it from. What else does it do? And if I got it now would it start from now?

Can someone help me out, oh was talking about the xbox one and how you can get online and play with friends. And he said you need a pass thing. Apparently costs about £20 a year. Someone tell me what it's called and where I can buy it from. What else does it do? And if I got it now would it start from now?

An xbox live gold membership? It's about £35 for a 12 month pass, you buy a card and input the code on your xbox, it will start from the day you enter the code not the day you buy it. It allows you to play multiplayer online against your friends and strangers, download games, chat online etc.

I was actually going to post and ask if anyone had an ELC code but thought it sounded cheeky, I'd love one if there's one still going please!

I don't get ELC emails but I read this. Hopefully it helps someone :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-06-14-56-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-06-14-56-05.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 40

Oh, thank you for this! I was actually going to buy some from eBay last night for about £3.50 :wacko::dohh: TG I didn't!

Glad I could help someone out. I'm thinking of going back for a couple of tubes myself for Ds3 and 4

It's xbox live (gold). When you make a new account you get 1 months free gold :thumbup: It's £39.99 a year or £8 a month. You can get it cheaper than that though from here. Also, it's worth bidding on some on eBay too. But as PP said, it starts from the day of activation :)

I would really appreciate an ELC code if anyone else has one they won't use.

Thanks x x x

I ordered from Amazon.com once and the fees were included in the postage price so there was no chance of having anything else to pay upon delivery :) I have been stung by customs in the past though, the Royal Mail handling fee is more than the other charges sometimes!

I work for RM, the handling fee is £8 ontop of any customs charge - usually items from America and Aus/NZ get a charge on. Chinese stuff doesn't tend to get charged. Hope this helps xx

Elphaba just pm'd you mine x

Kirsty so sorry I didn't see you posted until I've come back on to reply, could leonie pm you hers :flower: I'm so looking forwards to kids bedtime tonight! X

Elphaba just pm'd you mine x

Kirsty so sorry I didn't see you posted until I've come back on to reply, could leonie pm you hers :flower: I'm so looking forwards to kids bedtime tonight! X

I pm'd kirsty mine earlier so all is good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->