2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I look pretty much the same too. Which is good I guess, because I haven't told anyone. Excited to finally look it, though!

I notice it, but no one else does so much on me... I've gained about 6lbs and I think it is pooling in my stomach. Also I feel my face is a lot bigger, and I kinda have a big head to begin with... having a chunky kinda day today... Also, I don't know if this is even possible this early, but my back has started arching a bit and my bum looks like it's sticking out more...

I don't know if any remembers me saying a few weeks ago about me worrying about telling a very close friend that we were pregnant due to her having a miscarriage and having an unsuccessful following month. We saw them today and she told me she was pregnant again!! Made it easier to tell her we were also expecting. So glad to have finally told her as I don't keep much from her at all!

There are some beautiful bumps growing! I am also looking pregnant but as I have a tum from my DD i look bigger than '10/11' weeks!

That is awesome news!!

I think the only reason I'm showing a bit is because this is my third pregnancy. My belly just already knows what to do apparently. :haha:

So at my dr appt my dr gave me a book that explains what happens at each month and my son thinks its amazing to look at the baby grow. He laughs and says oh mom I see his tail....umbilical cord son. Too funny. I love that hes older and understands a little more on whats going on. I feel like this is such a great experience for all of us. Hes going to freak when the baby moves and he actually sees whats going on with my tummy

chrislo, I remember you saying that.. Im glad fate took the decision out of your hands and made it easier for you.. somethings are just more than random at time, it seems

as for me.. I bought my first maternity clothing item today!!!! a bra!! lol

now lets see how long I'll actually fit into it cuz I have a feeling my boobs are going to get BIG :holly:

I'm so sad that I can no longer sleep on my tummy - it gets really uncomfortable. Seems bump is growing and not just bloat. Oh well the joys of pregnancy.

i think im looking preggers is because this is my 5th and my 3rd in the last 2 years
(had 2 seperae full term babies in jan & dec of 2013 & then this one in 2015)

I bought some mat pants and a couple bras today. They are both heaven for my growing body.

Hi everyone! I've been away for a week so have just had 30+ pages to catch up on!

I never had to buy maternity bras during my other pregnancies but I think I'm going to have to get one soon as my boobs are so sore. I never had any soreness before either, very strange!
I'm definitely starting to show too, but it depends on what I'm wearing as to how obvious it is. I'll need to invest in a maternity coat this time, both of my boys were born in September so I never needed winter maternity clothes before.
Congratulations to everyone that's had scans while I've been away! The pics are so cute :cloud9:
I have my 12 week nuchal scan tomorrow! Very excited and very nervous at the same time. I needed a cvs after ds2's nuchal scan as my combined risk for him was 1 in 45. Luckily the cvs came back clear and he is very healthy. I'm really hoping not to repeat the experience though!
I forgot to take my Doppler away with me so it was the first thing I used when I got home! Very pleased to find baby's heartbeat of 157bpm!

I'm with you, chimama. I'm usually a tummy-sleeper, so the discomfort I feel at bedtime is rather unfortunate. I think I'm going to start training myself for only sleeping on my sides, pillow between knees. Poor DH when I have to flip over, pillow and all!

Every time I've tried pillow between my knees, my hips hurt. Maybe it will become more comfortable once bump is bigger and hips have widened on their own.

To be able to sleep last night, I stacked 2 pillows first and then a 3rd sliding between the pillows and the bed and was able to sleep on my left side without turning or waking up! I actually had a dream where I was congratulating myself for my genius innovation:rofl:

Also I'm a plum today.Awesome!

Little bit of a bump... Or maybe bloat, lol! Have a lovely Sunday everyone x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 16
Wow there are some beautiful bumps going on. I feel like my tummy has popped a bit this week and my pants are seriously tight now too! Is it too early to invest in Maternity work pants?

Xxxx

I have been stalking this thread :haha: hope you lovely ladies don't mind!!

And about maternity clothes.. I ordered some on the walmart website. I was EXTREMELY skeptical but the clothes are amazing! I bought two full outfits and they are very flattering. Just be careful with sizing of course.

I got two Labor of Love Maternity Ruched Empire Waist Knit Cardigan and two Oh! Mamma Maternity Tank and Leggings Bundle. Also, old navy has some cute side ruching shirts. They were on sale I believe. I hope this helps!

Wow there are some beautiful bumps going on. I feel like my tummy has popped a bit this week and my pants are seriously tight now too! Is it too early to invest in Maternity work pants?

Xxxx

If you're uncomfortable, buy comfortable clothes! Nobody's going to test you on how long you stayed uncomfortable later ;)

I still have some pelvis pain, but it's slowly improving, so I'm hopeful that I can get through til my appointment next Tuesday. It's so weird for me. I was never super active, but I've always been a walker, and now it hurts to walk more than a short distance.

Any of you taken paracetamol and felt bad/worried about it? I was in pain with my gums last night, been having problems since findin out I'm pregnant lol anyway I tried so much brushed my teeth about 3 times, took one paracetamol and still wasn't budging. Tried to sleep and ignore it and it wasn't happening so had to take another even after trying so hard not to. I know iv read paracetamol is safe but it still doesn't stop us worrying. I have my 12week scan booked for 1st September and can't wait for that :D

I've taken a Tylenol here and there when I've been really miserable (I think they're the same active drug). I always feel a little wrong taking it, but sometimes you just need something. I'm careful to take as small a dose as possible and take it as infrequently as possible, but if the choice is to take a drug that the midwife says is safe, or lie in the dark for six hours hoping the headache will go away, or barely manage walking around the house to let the dogs out or use the bathroom, drugs it is!

So good morning everyone! Sorry it's taken me a couple of days to get back to you all and thankyou so much for all the good thoughts and wishes.

Great to see some bump pics girls!! I'm loving how cute these pics are getting!!

So our epic trip to see the fetomaternal cardiac geneticist (who knew such a subspeciality existed??) went like this... We left Wednesday lunchtime, drove 6 hours to get there, went for an amazing Thai meal which I was sooo excited about but it was weirdly tense waiting to see this guy the next day and worrying about what he would say. On the Thursday we got ourselves to the unit and the got called through... to sit down with a first year resident. I will be honest I was a little gutted after hearing such great things about the place and the team not to see the actual doctor we had been referred to. I shouldn't have worried, she was basically the warm up act! Our appt was nearly 2 1/2 hours with the full team who had reviewed our daughters autopsy report, all of my prenatal bloods from last time, all of our family history and done a full literature search to go through with us.
They were able to tell us our daughter had definitely died suddenly and dramatically from an incredibly rare heart condition which they don't know why it happens, there are no risk factors, it's not genetic, it can just happen. They don't think there is any risk in a subsequent pregnancy because it's not something which tends to happen again. They were extremely reassuring and basically said, look whatever you guys need to stay sane through this pregnacy we will make it work. So we decided that our son who is 3, and me should have an echo (DH had one last year and it's fine) and then this baby will get fetal echos from 22 weeks onwards. But basically that's for our reassurance.
So, I'm not gonna lie it was, as this entire process has been, surreal to sit and wade through autopsy reports and case review studies, BUT I don't think we could have had a better outcome. We cannot change what has already gone before but it would certainly be nice not to happen again!
And then we got back in the car and drove 6 hours home again for the second time in 24 hours while I sat and contemplated my risks of dvt....

Gosh that was an essay but I know loads of you wanted to know, so you might as well get the full story! Thanks for the support and keeping me sane!!

Thanks for the update, DrMum. I'm glad to hear it's not a genetic issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->