2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Ladies question for you... would you want to go on a 5hr car ride when you're 17-18 weeks? Hubby & I always go to the mountains for our anniversary in October and I'm trying to plan out what to do this year. Figured it'd actually be pretty good timing.

I found I was super hot when pregnant before. I use blush all the time & it got really embarrassing! Hope that doesn't happen again.

I've never been that pregnant, but I think I'd do it if I could stop for bathroom breaks and to stretch. We're flying to and from Florida when I'm 21 weeks, which is about 3 hours, and I'm not too worried about it.

Sorry I've not been on for ages, running after a toddler and working part time seems to leave me zero time! Then, when I do have time, I want to sleep!

Hope all goes well with your scan Missfrick. I'm the queen of spotting whilst pregnant so completely understand how you feel. Keeping everything crossed for you.

As for getting warmer during pregnancy, I get colder! The first time around I was walking around in the height of summer wrapped in layers and warm jackets. It's like babies suck my heat!

For those who've given birth before, have any of you had an epidural and what was your experience of it? I know it's early to be discussing labour but I had a pretty bad first experience and didn't take any pain relief (I'm scared of drugs) so I was thinking I might try epidural this time.

Congrats to all the ladies who've had recent scans. Mine is this Friday!

Hopefully this time the picture will actually show :dohh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 14
MissFrick, I've got my fingers crossed that everything is ok for you x

Ladies question for you... would you want to go on a 5hr car ride when you're 17-18 weeks? Hubby & I always go to the mountains for our anniversary in October and I'm trying to plan out what to do this year. Figured it'd actually be pretty good timing.

Yeah I would. I'd wear my compression socks, drink lots of water and have lots of breaks to walk about. Definitely do it before... 5 hour trips with a newborn are waaaay less fun!!

How are you doing missfrick? Got everything crossed they are scanning you and it's all looking good!! :hugs:

:hugs: missfrick, I hope they scan you and you see a happy, healthy baby xx

Yes to the skin breakouts! I've had this since my bfp and it doesn't seem to be getting any better!

Yes, definitely! Perfect timing I'd say. We drove to France when I was 33 weeks pregnant which was two twelve hour drives in two days. It wasn't too uncomfortable even at that stage but just factor in lots of toilet stops!

Yes I would. As others have said, make sure you stop lots for toilet breaks and to stretch your legs!

I am flying to the Dominican Republic on September 6th. Our longest leg of the flight is just shy of 5 hours. My OBGYN said to make SURE you are getting up and walking around at least one time every 2 hours. He said it applies to long car drives too. My niece and her husband drove the better part of 14 hours (one way, then 14 hours back) when she was 5 months pregnant. She said it wasn't the most comfortable thing, but as long as they pulled off so she could walk around every couple of hours (and pee!) she was okay.

Oh my gosh, he really looks like a little baby, Loozle! Now I really can't wait for my scan next week!

Loozle look at those little toes!! Aww that is adorable!!

Thanks everyone! Once we'd established that there was a heartbeat and that the NT measurement was good, I could actually relax and enjoy the scan! Baby was wriggling and kicking it's legs lots. So sweet :cloud9:

Cute little one, Loozle!

Yes, I would definitely travel at that point in my pregnancy. I travelled that distance in the winter at 34 weeks with my first. It wasn't bad at all although my doctor wasn't happy about it... but it was Christmas! Just take breaks as you need them and you will be fine.

Glad to hear I am not the only one with body temperature mood swings. :haha: I made my hubby keep the AC at 70 degrees (he prefers 65 degrees) and I am STILL freezing which is so unusual for me in the summertime. I will pile the blankets on and still not be able to get warm. Yet, I just got back from walking around the mall on my lunch hour and I thought I was going to die from how hot it was in the mall stores. :wacko: I was sweating like a pig. Plus, in bed at night I start off with lots of blankets and wake up in the middle of the night with only a sheet. Hubby is QUITE the heater. I was actually beginning to get concerned because everybody always talks about being too hot. Never heard much about people being too cold while pregnant.

Also, my baby decided to give Mommy 2 extra awesome birthday presents. (I turn 37 today... :dohh:) Last night, after a good half hour of trying to find baby on my Doppler, I heard baby! Apparently it was too faint for the Sonoline B to actually register the heart rate, but I used the stop watch on my phone and counted for 10 seconds, then multiplied by 6. 168 heart rate, which was right on par with my last ultrasound. It was definitely the baby too. I've watched so many instructional videos on YouTube that I know what baby sounds like. :haha: Turns out, I was looking in the wrong spots when I tried before. Go figure. Plus, I am also overweight and had to buy the 2Mhz probe to hear baby. I never tried the 3Mhz to see if I would have heard it with that one.

The second gift baby gave me, was another 2 lbs lost when I stepped on the scale. I am down almost 20lbs since getting pregnant. This diabetic diet I have to stick to is pretty amazing for that I guess. Plus I cheated and had a birthday cupcake (iced lemon and it was AMAZING) and my blood sugar was still at rock star levels. So, so far baby has been pretty great to Mommy for her birthday! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->