2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Happy Birthday Elphabaa! It sounds like your little one has given you some of the best gifts! :flower:

Adorable scan loozle!

I am going to Florida for a week next month. I'll be 14 weeks when I leave and 15 when I get back. In total flight is about 6.5 hours, but it's split into 2 flights, 2.5 and 4, yay for stop overs!!!

happenstance, I didn't have any meds when I gave birth to my son. Gonna try to do the same for this time around!

Loozle, that's SUCH a CUTE scan pic!! <3

Elphabaa, happy birthday!

mkyerby, I took a 5 hour car ride last weekend. We had to stop a bunch so I could pee, but it was fine. I slept most of the way :)

Happy birthday Elpha!

Happenstance, I had an epidural but I had a "dead spot" where the drugs weren't working so I ended up feeling all of my contractions in just the one spot but still at full force =( Getting the needle in your spine is kinda uncomfortable, they do it when you are contracting and have a (hopefully) 9 month belly, to be able to get the needle in they need you to "hug your knees" - I laughed at the doctor when he said that to me, I don't know how they expected me to manage that miracle... Anyway, the nurse was great and said to just hug her instead, but you are supposed to hold still... while having contractions... The moral of that story is I won't do it again, and I don't see a point in it for me because it didn't work anyway. I hope someone else can give you an example of a good experience

Scan is done and everything looks perfect! Heart rate was 166. Gender guesses welcome! Here is the link!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...rop-gender-guess-right-here.html#post33521799

I am going to have to drive from San Diego to Dallas the first week of November, when I am close to 22 weeks. Its about a 22 hour drive and I am really nervous about it. We have done several cross country drives before, so I am at least used to the long distance. I just drove from San Diego to Houston in June.

Happy Birthday Elpha!

ChelsealynnB I bet it's a boy!

And is anyone going to to do placenta encapsulation? I know I am.

Chelsea- Cute bump!

Missfrick- Hoping everything is okay! FX'd!

Loozie- Nice scan!

Elphabaa- Happy Birthday! Those sound like some nice birthday gifts!

Afm- Went camping over the weekend with my siblings. Got to tell them the news! (Still waiting to tell the parents)

Missfrick, my fingers are crossed so tightly for you.

Loozie, gorrrrrgeous scan! So can't wait for mine next week!!

Elphabaa, happy birthday!

Chelsea, my guess is boy :blue:

Missfrick hope everything is ok, I know how u worry as iv been there too and I'm sure everything is fine. Keep us updated.

It's where they dry out your placenta and put it into pills for you to take. It's supposed to aid in recovery.

The idea kind of creeps me out, but I know it's gonna come up. DH's boss and a lot of his coworkers are crunchy hippie types, and there was a lot of discussion about it at a coworker's baby shower. I'm just waiting to find a placenta encapsulation gift card tucked in with a onesie somewhere :p

Happy Birthday Elpha!

ChelsealynnB I bet it's a boy!

And is anyone going to to do placenta encapsulation? I know I am.

What's a placenta encapsulation?

Essentially it's turning your placenta into pills that you can take to help with numerous things after baby is born.

I am thinking about it but when I brought it up to DH he thought I was nuts. I think I am going to have to bombard him with the information.

missfrick- I hope everything is okay. :hugs:

Elpha- Happy birthday!!

Chelsea- That nub looks awfully boyish, so I have to go :blue:

AFM- I'm so unbelievably hot lately. It doesn't help that this summer is even more brutal than usual. Today's heat index is between 110-115 and I'm dying. My A/C is on, literally, 24/7 trying to keep up with this heat. And to think it doesn't even start to cool down until October, and even then, it's hit or miss. Our Halloweens are typically in the mid 80's.

Missfrick, thinking of you!!

Epidurals: first labor was so mild it wasn't needed (of course when transition hit I wished I had done it). Second labor was so short there was no time. Was back labor though and I really really wanted one!!! Will play it by ear this time around i suppose.

Oh, about epidurals. I had one with DS and have zero complaints. I had my epi drip turned off about 30 minutes before I started pushing because I wanted to feel the pressure of the contractions so that I could push when I felt the urge (helps prevent tearing).

The only downside is not being able to get out of the bed until all feeling returns. Everyone else was off seeing the baby in the nursery and I was stuck in bed. I may, or may not, have fibbed and said I had all feeling back, just so I could walk to the nursery and be with my baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->