2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I think the idea of an epidural scares me more than the labor does. Eeek, big needles!

I'm not showing that I can see, but I've noticed the last couple nights I've felt a little odd sleeping on my stomach. I can't seem to get comfortable in any position because of the pelvic pain - stomach is weird, right side hurts, left side just gets boring. I don't know how I'm going to deal with the giant bump, being so used to tossing and turning all night. I'm resisting the urge to dip into savings for a Sleep Number bed ;)

That's not something I'd thought of before!

Speaking of labor, one of the 4 obs at my office (the one who delivered my first) was under the impression that my labor was fast and wanted to schedule me for an induction with my second. I completely refused. Well, since it was only three hours from first contraction to birth with my second I imagine I'm going to be hearing it again this time!

Thanks ladies, what a scary 5 hours in the ER of me sobbing on and off... it really was only a couple drops of pinkish red blood, but it was enough to set me off. Thank goodness the wait was worth it. On a very Fred Flintstone u/s machine I was able to see Squiggles and hb and everything. Since the machine was so primitive they'll be booking me for a more in-depth follow up u/s in the next few days - I feel pretty blessed to be able to have another chance to see it!

Elphabaa, happy birthday! What a lovely prezzie to get to hear the hb!

Loozle, that is a true baby in there! What an amazing scan!

That's so silly, Bookity. Did you make it to the hospital on time? My labor with DD was just shy of 4 hours from first contraction until delivery, and I made it to the hospital within 20 minutes of delivery. The nurses and my OB were proud of me because they knew I wanted a natural delivery. My OB is anti-induction without medical cause, though, so I'm sure that helps.

That's not something I'd thought of before!

Speaking of labor, one of the 4 obs at my office (the one who delivered my first) was under the impression that my labor was fast and wanted to schedule me for an induction with my second. I completely refused. Well, since it was only three hours from first contraction to birth with my second I imagine I'm going to be hearing it again this time!

They recon each one gets faster so you prob will. It's quite a worry for me, with my first my waters went in the afternoon on the day before she came, went to hosp and they arranged an induction just in case as I wasn't in established Labour. Went home then nothing til decided to go bed, ran upstairs and got the biggest pain ever, I'm so sure it was baby dropping down I don't know how it didn't break a bone it was so painful lol then minutes later I had full on back pain didn't feel contractions and within an hour of that baby was out. We are a family of quick deliverers and only just made it to hosp on time so if that's the case I have no chance this time.

Thanks ladies, what a scary 5 hours in the ER of me sobbing on and off... it really was only a couple drops of pinkish red blood, but it was enough to set me off. Thank goodness the wait was worth it. On a very Fred Flintstone u/s machine I was able to see Squiggles and hb and everything. Since the machine was so primitive they'll be booking me for a more in-depth follow up u/s in the next few days - I feel pretty blessed to be able to have another chance to see it!

Elphabaa, happy birthday! What a lovely prezzie to get to hear the hb!

Loozle, that is a true baby in there! What an amazing scan!

That's great news. Enjoy your next scan they are amazing. Later on if u got an early pic like from say 7week u could make a scrap book and it could show just how amazing and fast they grow. Not many get to see baby before 12week so really is amazing how small they are compared to the 12week scan.

That's so silly, Bookity. Did you make it to the hospital on time? My labor with DD was just shy of 4 hours from first contraction until delivery, and I made it to the hospital within 20 minutes of delivery. The nurses and my OB were proud of me because they knew I wanted a natural delivery. My OB is anti-induction without medical cause, though, so I'm sure that helps.

Yes. I got to the hospital an hour before I delivered. Though that was a also with a half hour of holding off pushing as they waited for the OB to arrive! I live five minutes out from the hospital. I'm not really all that concerned.

So happy everything is ok missfrick!!!

Re epidurals: I had one with my dd. my water broke and nothing was happening. Because there was meconium in the fluid, they induced me right away. Instant extreme pain every two minutes! Then when she was back to back and refused to turn, I got scared and maxed out the epidural (we can push a button for more here), and I couldn't feel anything at all. So I will do an epidural again depending how a naturally induced labour goes, but I will try not to max out the epidural so that I can actually feel pressure etc. it was very hard to stay still while getting the epidural, but I didn't feel it at all because the contractions were so bad.

Great news miss frick! Relieved for you!

So the epidural question... I've had 2 epidurals and then a spinal for my c section. The two epidurals were with DS - first one I let the resident do and it wasn't quite right, could have amputated my left foot but felt everything else. Repeated by consultant and was a life saver! Definitely felt when to push but it took the crazy pain of induction away at some level. Up and walking right after delivery, in the shower, no foley.

Spinal was actually very different, done in theatre before c section, totally dense block which lasted hours post section, Foley catheter, couldn't walk until the next day. No pain though!

This delivery looks set to be a repeat c section and I'm quite happy to have another spinal like the last one. But if I were delivering vaginally I would epidural again that's for sure. Hope that helps someone :)

I ate a big dinner and now I'm feeling a little queasy again. Not sure if it's because I ate too much or if it's because I actually had a significant amount of meat. Isn't it fun figuring out new symptoms every couple weeks? :wacko:

Okay, so class starts tomorrow for me. So I decided to finish all my house work. I always have the tv going when I'm watching, and I started watching pretty little liars. Anyone else watch that?

BMcdonald- I love Pretty Little Liars! It is so addicting! I watch far too many shows since returning to being a stay at home mom. I have watched that one though since the pilot episode a few years ago.

My husband comes home from his Sergeant's course tomorrow. He was deployed from August until April, and then went to sergeant's course for 8 weeks starting June 30th. I am definitely missing him, and cannot wait to have an extra set of hands around the house! BUT, I have also neglected housework for the last 8 weeks, since I have felt so crappy and exhausted. So I had a massive deep clean today, and I am drained!

Oh you guys are making me excited. I hope my doctor will give me a 12 week scan. Havent really talked about it but I go in for my second appt next friday. Cant wait but freaking out. Seems like times going by super fast. I cant wait to hit second tri and enjoy all the new baby movements.

You'll probably get offered one. The nuchal translucency screening is only really accurate between 11 and 13 weeks, I think, so you're likely to get offered it soon.

RE: Epidural...

I am terrified of it! When I was 16 I had to have a fallopian tube removed, and due to some other issues I was having at the time, they couldn't put me under, so I had a spinal... there were no issues with it, but just something about needles in my back... It also terrified me that I couldn't move my legs/feet until the next morning, and as it started to wear-off the pain was pretty bad. Also, since this was about 14 years ago, surgery was not as advanced, so I have a horizontal c-section cut (but not through the uterus, only through the abdomen). That pain was pretty bad too, so I will do everything I can do deliver vaginally and with as little pain meds as possible. I don't know if they use gas-and-air in Canada, but I'm open to all kinds of medicines, but would prefer nothing in my back. Though I guess if I'm in real agony I may change my mind.

I'm hoping to find a doula, even though I will be having a hospital birth. I read the instance of epidural is less for those who use one. Anyone use one in the past with good results? I hear even if you end up having an epidural they're still really comforting and supportive.

unless they dont hear a heart beat on my first appt. my 1st ultrasound will be at my 18 weeks for gender etc..

Oh missfrick, that sounds so bad. I've not had an epidural but I imagine that when racked with painful contractions a shot in the back would be nothing! I think it's great to focus on what you can do to avoid an epidural, but also think going into things with an attitude of adaptability is super important too. When the day comes you'll be fantastic!

Glad everything was ok Missfrick :hugs:

I had a planned c-section with my little boy as I had partial placenta previa so hoping for a vbac this time round. Would love to deliver as naturally as possible but if it gets too much I will be asking for drugs!

Wish me luck ladies... Scan in two hours times. Fingers crossed my sch has gone so I can be taken off bedrest & get back to normal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->