2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I wonder what I'll get too, Mummy. If I was the one running Bingo, I'd probably just forget! Not to mention the hundreds of dollars in baby gear they're saving us by giving us my nephew's things instead of us having to buy them... But SIL and her sister take these things seriously :)

It took me a minute to remember what kind thing my mom did. She means well, but she kind of drives us all crazy, so that's not a sentence I hear about her often! I was too tired to look at everything she sent home with me last night, I ought to go grab the bag and poke through it.

We leave for Ft Lauderdale a week from Friday! Then cruise out the next day. I can't wait! Things are crazy at DH's work and he's working 6 days a week now, so he'll be happy to get away, too. I'm glad I picked one with a lot of sea days so he can relax. Steak is starting to sound tasty again, so I'm hoping I can enjoy a few of the tasty sounding meals on board. I'm happy enough to stick to my low meat diet otherwise, but a couple of the specialty restaurants look good, and there's a prime rib night, too! It'll be nice for DH, he can order big chunks of meat for every meal without having to make any compromises with me.

Once we get home, I think we're going to have to register. It seems early, doesn't it? I'm not even quite halfway yet... But one of my best friends is really riding my ass about it. We were in a group chat on Facebook the other day, and she wouldn't let it go even when I pointed out that DH only has one day off a week right now, we're trying to plan for this cruise, and I'm not even freaking halfway through the pregnancy yet. The other friend in the chat finally had to message her and tell her to knock it off until we got home. At least let me get through the anomaly scan and make sure all the relevant bits and pieces are there, you know?

And apparently we need a nursery theme so the shower decorations can match? Our nursery theme is "Stuff MrsK and MrK like, probably with some animals and stuff." And I know I've told her this! Our wedding didn't have a theme, either. And since when do you need to buy matchy matchy shower decorations, 3 months before the shower??? All the showers I've been to, maybe someone buys a few balloons and a pink or blue tablecloth and puts out a vase of flowers, you know? So when we get back, we'll just start the registry and not tell anyone but her until it's actually relevant ;)

I hope your appointment and your little guy's go as well as possible. How are you feeling? No new issues since your Facebook post?

I hope everyone finds some relief from the itching. I got some stretch mark cream in my last Bump Box, and I'm thinking about using it just to prevent itching. I have had just a tiny bit, but I don't now if it's really anything but normal itchiness from the seasons changing and my skin getting dry.

Chrislo, sounds miserable! I've been hungry all the time from the start, but it's just starting to die down. I think the baby is finally squishing my stomach some.

This time next week i'll be in Portugal :p we fly out 9am Monday and it's gonna be crazy getting everything sorted. Oh Mum wants to take us to some animal farm on the Saturday and dd wants to go for a sleep over at my sisters and I also want her to have her bday presents early since we are on hol for her bday so it's going to be busy and il need make sure everything washed cleaned and packed ready lol but I can't wait to go, bought my flight socks and iv Been buyin stuff for after we get back, doing her a Halloween bday party with an Disney frozen cake I'll make myself.
Has it crossed ur mind how much weight we are gonna put on while on hol, naturally having pudding etc haha :p

I've been getting an itchy belly lately too. I've found that massaging lotion or oil into my bump helps.

Sorry in advance for the tmi! I noticed I had some blood in my sick this morning when I was having my usual vomiting episode, it wasn't loads and was just a couple of streaks really but was definitely blood. I'm assuming that it's from my throat after being sick so much for so long. Has any else experienced this at all?

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous. I hope everything is ok with my little girl! Anybody else have their 20 week anomaly scans this week?

Good luck at your 20'weeek scan I have mine this Friday :)

Portugal!! How exciting! Have you been before? How long will you be there? You're so lucky to be able to visit such a variety of places so easily. I love domestic travel, but it would take a hell of a lot of money and time to get all the options you have leaving from the UK.

Sounds like a fun birthday party! We were in Mexico for my last birthday (so nice to be somewhere hot for once, since I was born in mid-December), and I now love birthday vacations, but I missed the cake ;) I hope your DD loves her birthday vacation as much as I loved mine.

I don't even want to think about vacation weight! My only hope is that I'm already eating what I want, when I want, and having dessert every night. Hopefully it won't be as much of a shock to my body as it was going from strict Weight Watchers to vacation! I never did lose the weight I gained back in Mexico, and I'm already 13lbs up from when I got pregnant.

Yea iv been before last year but it was bad timing everything was closed so this time iv made sure to go early enough to be able to do boat trips and things :D we are going for a week, my 20 week scan is the day after I come back hehe cnt wait :D yeah there's so many places u can go from the UK, I guess ur limited then?

I hope you have a great time!

Yeah, we're pretty limited. There's a lot of variety in America, but it's still all America, you know? As much as I love New York City and New Orleans and Boston, it's just not the same as being a few hours flight from Italy and Portugal and France and the Netherlands. We can get to parts of Canada quickly, but it's not all that different from the US. I think flying to the coast for a Caribbean cruise or flying down to Mexico are about as exotic as we get unless we want to spend a couple grand just on airfare. I loved traveling in Europe and just being able to hop from country to country.

Wow that sounds expensive. I'm expecting this hol to be my last for quite some time as I'm not sure where my life's going at the moment but it's looking to be that il be single mum to 2 atm but it's complicated and seems to be my luck. When I got preg with Daughter my partner left and never heard from him again about seing her or anything then wen I got preg this time my partner told his friends who became jealous and have told lots of lies to police so atm hes not allowed near me or anything as u can imagine it has to be investigated etc :nope: :growlmad: so I do have the worst luck with men even thou I believe he's innocent that's not gonna count for nothing it's what a jury think. Anyway sorry for my little rant, I going to view a house tomorrow and cnt wait :D

Missfrick! I cannot wait to find out what you're having! Of course I wouldn't tell anyone, but I totally get why you're keeping it a secret :)

We are visiting my brother's family for thanksgiving this weekend. He has three kids aged 4, 2 and 3 months. It's been so much fun! My dd is really into the baby so that makes me excited. On another note, we drive halfway on Thursday night and discovered that there are no gas stations open after 10pm for the last 200km before North Bay (I remember Someone lives there :) ). We ended up driving with the gas light on for the last hour in complete panic that we would run out and be stranded... Somehow made it though,thank goodness!

I hope all the other Canadians are having a great long weekend! And happy weekend to everyone else !

I'm behind a bit in the thread, and still trying to catch up, but that's me!

Happy Thanksgiving! I did read back but I can't remember everything :(

Mummy I hope everything goes well this week and you do get some good news for DS. :hugs:

Good luck with the 20 week scans ladies! So many coming up in the next 2-3 weeks.

We just got back from the cottage, now I think DS is getting sick. He has been grumpy all day and a little warm, but he's had lots of rest and fluids so I hope he is able to fight it off.

hi ladies, glad everyone seems to be doing well.. Ive been keeping up with the thread but Ive been working so much lately, its hard to get time to even just do laundry or dishes.. I can't wait for things to settle down at work.

And OMG on 20 week scans being right around the corner!! Does it always seem as if time flies by in retrospect??

I'll be 20 weeks by Halloween.. I'm helping my neighbor throw a big party.. kids early, then adults later! Im going to dress up like a Katrina.. which is the El Dia de los Muertos skull face painted on a fancy dressed noble woman. I have a red Seven label cocktail dress I'm going to wear with it, which will easily accommadate my belly.
It'll be kinda bummer not being able to get trashed at the party, but at least there'll be lots of good food.

I love the holiday season!!!! :happydance:

We're back from our 20 week scan! Thanks for the well wishes :hugs: good luck to those who have scans coming up!

Everything went well, our little lady is growing well, everything is measuring spot on for her gestation :happydance: she currently weighs 12oz! I had to get up and jump to get her to move though which was a little embarrassing! :blush: oh and we also found out that my placenta is anterior which I suspected anyway as although I feel movements every day they aren't as strong as they were at this stage with my boys. The good news is that it's not low though so it's not an issue :thumbup:

We have a few pictures of her too, I've attached one to show off :haha: :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 11
Perfect picture loozle! My 20wk scan is next Monday at 19+2, can't wait! There are so many going on right now it seems!

MrsK-I just finished my registry yesterday! I thought it was super early too, but MIL kept pestering me, so I just did it to get her off my back, now I guess I won't have to worry about it during the holiday shopping season at least!

The lady who's done all my previous scans doesn't do those beautiful profile shots. It's all business with the femur length, checking the skull, etc. at least we get a potty shot. I know I should ask for one, but I always clam up. She doesn't seem like a terribly warm person.

The lady who's done all my previous scans doesn't do those beautiful profile shots. It's all business with the femur length, checking the skull, etc. at least we get a potty shot. I know I should ask for one, but I always clam up. She doesn't seem like a terribly warm person.

I feel the same way about the tech at my perinatologists office, and I always get the same person so the pictures aren't that great

Aww, too bad about the crappy techs. How hard would it be to take five seconds for a profile shot?

I'm leaving for my scan in about half an hour. It's the same place I had my dating scan, and they didn't have any kind of big viewing screen, so DH got to watch and I only got commentary and I got to see what she recorded at the end. I really hope they let me watch the 20 week, I'll be cranky if I don't get to see him wiggling around.

Congratulations and good luck on those scans ladies. Don't be afraid to ask the techs. It's your pregnancy and those pictures serve as a wonderful blast to the past when the babies are all grown up. Ask before they even get you on the table.

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I am feeling great today. The weather here is hot hot hot!! I am tempted to make a trip to the beach but I don't want to deal with the crowds of people. Maybe I'll wait for an overcast day. When it rains here it's nice and warm.

lil-foosh: Hope your son is not getting sick and if he does that it passes quickly.
Swampmaiden: I want pictures of you in your costume, I bet it's gonna look awesome. I won't be dressing up this year since I'll be home alone. I figure I could hand out candy and be comfortable.
Mummy: FX for positive news for your son.

Loozle, baby has such a cute little nose!

Is anyone else getting obsessed with maternity clothes? I just ordered a few more pieces. Old Navy has great deals, but shipping and duties can raise the price fast. Motherhood can have some good deals. I like when they have buy one get one free.

Hey Everyone!
I have been terrible at keeping up with the thread over the last few weeks. I have not had the chance to catch up, but I just wanted to pop in.

I have my baby shower on Saturday! It seems so crazy to have my baby shower so early, but with the out of state move, that's what we have to do. I am very excited though.

We are also getting ready to move next weekend, which is why I have been so absent. It is hectic getting ready for a 1,500 mile move. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

It looks like I am going to just miss my anatomy scan, which was scheduled at 22 weeks, because I will be in Texas by then. I am pretty bummed about that.

I hope everyone is doing well! I am sure I will be able to pop in more frequently after our move is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->