2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Had my big scan today... Squiggles is totally healthy thank goodness (DF's sister had a baby with no kidneys [obvi didn't survive] and it's been on our mind about whether it might be genetic)... Thumb sucking, waving around, tossing and turning, super cute!

So I caved and we found out sex... lol! We aren't telling anyone we know what it is, and will be revealing it at our wedding! I can't believe it's only 3 weeks away! I also can't believe when my mom asked today I had to lie and tell her we didn't find out; hopefully she will forgive me when she hears the news. I guess team yellow just wasn't for me after all... :shrug:

You're not even telling us? :p

Don't blame you for caving, no way could I have waited! How's the dress fitting coming along?

Shared our news on FB tonight. I don't know if anyone on the group can see, but I made it my cover photo if you want to take a look. You can find my name on the list.

OMG ladies I want to tell you SO BADLY! Unfortunately, Nelly works with DF, and as much as I trust her we want to make sure no one at all knows before we tell family. But 3 weeks isn't that long right?

I have another fitting on Tuesday, she seemed to be optimistic about letting it out from the seams (gives about 3 inches). I'm not sure it will be enough, but we'll have enough time to add panelling if necessary. Luckily it's just the under-layer that's tight, not the chiffon or whatever it is on top. In the past 4 weeks I haven't gained a thing according to the scale at the doctors today, so if I can keep it under a 4lb gain the next 4 weeks, hopefully there won't been too much more altering to be done. The one thing that is driving me nuts is that the seamstress keeps trying to want to make it really fitted across the back, but when she pulls it everything gets tighter under the ribs, and I want to be able to breathe at the wedding (in fact since I'm preggo I think it's recommended I breathe). I'll have to make sure she knows my comfort comes first.

Can't wait for you ladies to see the dress and shoes and baby gender!!!

Oh yeah, from experience, I can definitely recommend breathing, pregnant or not. It tends to make the day much more pleasant.

Dreamed last night that I passed out during the ceremony (kind of a running thing, every time I get a fitting I get faint, I'm half-sure we will need to sit during the ceremony), that were were in a venue we have already decided against, and that a cousin who has already RSVP'd "no" showed up and I had nowhere for him to sit. Only told DF at the OBGYN while we were waiting for him to come in. Well I was bawling about my dream when the doc came in and DF had to explain that I was bawling about a dream that wasn't even that scary and that nothing bad really happened in it.

I will do my best to breathe MrsK, I'm so nervous I keep thinking we should have just eloped! Not nervous about marrying him, just about the "all eyes on us" thing that neither of us are very comfortable with...

I hate being the center of attention too missfrick. I was terrified of that part of my wedding day, but it really went by in a blur for me. I had this kind of tunnel vision like it was just me and my husband up there and no one else. In the end, I'm glad it was the way it was.

I have my 20 week scan on Friday ! :) I can't believe I'm nearly hafe way though already I can't wait to start buying pink or blue stuff!

Congrats on the scan missfrick!! Great news. Never mind about caving in to find out the gender aha I don't blame you. I'm sure I'm going to cave at mine!! I don't think I could keep it secret from everyone for 3 weeks but it will be so lovely to share on your wedding day!!!!

Ohh I hope I start to put on a little bit more weight soon because I feel like I haven't gained enough. I hope for how far along i am that it's ok because baby still a lot of growing to do.

I was so nervous when I got married that I put the ring on the wrong hand. He went along and shoved it on his finger. Didnt tell me until a week later because he was afraid of making me upset. So thankful I have a good husband.

Some little thing will always go wrong and freak you out, but in the end you'll be so happy to be married, you won't care.

I barely made it through my very short vows. I've always been an emotional cryer. I sat there, struggling to talk and getting all ugly sobby, and I started to panic that I'd never get through them and we'd have to skip the vows part. I bet I got a freaked out deer in headlights look and DH thought I was panicked about him ;) Weddings are wonderful, but they're also ridiculous!

Happy Saturday!

I finally remembered to take a pic! I've been so bad at it...this is only my third since I got pregnant! Anyway, 17+3 today! :)

Attachments

• 17+3.jpg
    17+3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 11
My DH and I went out to dinner this evening and I witnessed something so disgusting that I ended up getting sick and having it ruin our date night. The next table over the person overate and projectile vomited all over the table. I've never experienced anything like this in my life.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when I have a baby that will spew after eating. Really hoping it's not the same because I will be puking alongside him/her.

So, how's everyone's day going?

So, how's everyone's day going?

Better than yours! Good Lord!

I'm on my way home from shopping. My bra size is now the biggest it's ever been, despite still being 30lbs lighter than my highest ever weight. Fun! :p Glad to have some bras that fit. Once I get home, I have to make my nails look halfway presentable for my nephew's birthday party tomorrow (I got the strips that you just stick on and file to fit, so it'll be easy), then I can relax.

I truly think it's different with babies mommasquirrel. I've always been a person of weak stomach, but with the girls very little makes me queasy. Poosplosions, spit ups, even when they're vomiting I'm not really grossed out. Motherly worry and caring trumps being grossed out. I think you'll be fine. Husbands on the other hand... WIMPS!

Missfrick! I cannot wait to find out what you're having! Of course I wouldn't tell anyone, but I totally get why you're keeping it a secret :)

We are visiting my brother's family for thanksgiving this weekend. He has three kids aged 4, 2 and 3 months. It's been so much fun! My dd is really into the baby so that makes me excited. On another note, we drive halfway on Thursday night and discovered that there are no gas stations open after 10pm for the last 200km before North Bay (I remember Someone lives there :) ). We ended up driving with the gas light on for the last hour in complete panic that we would run out and be stranded... Somehow made it though,thank goodness!

I hope all the other Canadians are having a great long weekend! And happy weekend to everyone else !

I truly think it's different with babies mommasquirrel. I've always been a person of weak stomach, but with the girls very little makes me queasy. Poosplosions, spit ups, even when they're vomiting I'm not really grossed out. Motherly worry and caring trumps being grossed out. I think you'll be fine. Husbands on the other hand... WIMPS!

This is true! I will literally puke if I see anyone, even other kids, pick their nose... And it doesn't bother me at all to pick a booger for my daughter! She also puked yesterday and I caught it in my hands... Lovely. Everything is different when it's your child.

I've caught my best friend's daughter's puke in my hands before. I'm fine with spit up and puke, I'm more worried about when the baby starts eating solids and makes "human poops".... I don't do well with poop...Again, I'm sure it's something you just get used to when it's your child's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->