2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I don't have to worry about alcohol in pregnancy, because I don't drink in general. I wouldn't be too worried about a sip here or there, or in the later parts having small glass every now and then. Obviously no alcohol is safest, but the mommy has to make the decision, and hopefully she would choose to be conservative in her choices.
As far as circumcision goes, we would not do it if baby turns out to be a boy. My husband is, and I think he just assumed it's fine because he is, but I have done a lot of research on it and shared with him what I found and I do not want it done. It would be easier for the boy to choose to have it done later if he wants, but you can't put it back very easily. I couldn't imagine putting my baby through that, any way.

As for me, we have our 3D ultrasound tomorrow! I really hope we can find out what baby is. We have plans to eat supper out after (it's at 6pm), and hopefully buy a couple of cute baby things. But, looking at worse case scenario, at least we get another glimpse of baby!
We had a guy come out to our place yesterday to look at the room we have for baby, and he seems promising. He is supposed to call with a quote, and if he works out, it could be starting is just a few weeks. I can't wait.
Our nursery chair was delivered yesterday. It was my spurge as far as baby stuff went, but it will be a great cuddling chair to read to baby as they grow up, and it can go perfectly fine with our living room furniture for when any other little ones are more grown up and we need more room in their rooms.

I'm sure a lot of you have your nursery gear already picked out, but I wanted to recommend the chair I used in DD's room for nursing. It's the POANG chair from IKEA, available in a rocking and non-rocking version. I had the non-rocking one, but I could bounce in it and felt comfortable with DD on my lap. It's not too expensive, but you have to have an IKEA in your area. Just a thought (as I sit here bouncing in my chair!)

It's funny, Frenchie, that was the chair I had originally intended for nursing, but found it incredibly uncomfortable! I'm not sure if it was the extent of my stitches and how difficult it was to get up from the chair or what, but I didn't last long using it at all. I ended up getting a regular toys r us glider.

I'm always afraid Poang chairs are going to collapse under me :p I'm not that big, there's just something about them that makes me nervous. We did fall in love with a glider at Buy Buy Baby, but it's $1000, so I really doubt it's going to make it into the nursery! That's the number one "I wish we were rich!" item for us. We have the rocking chair that my dad bought to rock us when we were babies, and I'm sure we'll use it once I get some padding for it, but there have been some definitely improvements in baby rocking technology in the past 35 years!

I hope you find out the sex, Bucherwurm! I'd be ready to ground that baby for life by now!

I was reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth last night before bed, and her advice if your labor stops is to go home, drink a glass of wine, and get some sleep. I had to laugh a little at the timing.

I sent DH a bunch of links about circumcision, so I hope he reads them! I tried to find ones that took my side but weren't super extreme "OMG IT'S MUTILATION YOU MONSTER!" because nobody takes that crap seriously.

Lol! I thought it was comfy! :blush: I wish we had gliders available here, even if they carry a hefty price tag. I still pine after lazy-boy chairs or anything with a button/lever that makes the feet pop up. I guess comfortable chairs don't fit into the European lifestyle/budget/limited living space.

I know some other moms who love their Poangs. DH likes them a lot, too. I think the lack of an "appropriate" number of legs just creeps me out. But I never claimed to think like a normal person ;)

You really can't get upholstered gliders there? Sad :( We have a small house too (at least by American standards), and I'm determined to shoehorn a glider in here somewhere!

You do have to tighten the screws from time to time in the Poang. But no, Americans have really taken comfortable seating to the next level! I miss it.

Ooo, I'm going to have to look into getting a king sized mattress soon. I also think my 2 year old seems to really understand that there's a baby in my belly. Four months sure is a long wait for a 2 year old though!

I wish I could fit a king size mattress in our room! We won't be cosleeping (DH sleeps way too deeply for me to even consider it), but between two humans and two dogs, there is just not enough room in a queen size bed.

I've got 30 years on your DD, and I think 4 months is a long time to wait, too!

Sarahbear, King size mattresses are the best! We didn't cosleep until dd was out of her crib. Now sometimes she has nightmares etc and once in while she sleeps in our bed. It's those moments where I am very thankful for the king size lol.

Agreed, MrsK.... I think 4 months is a long wait too!

DH and I bought a king size bed as a gift to ourselves for our wedding a few years ago...we still say it was the best purchase we have ever made! lol...we LOVE ours!

I wish I could fit a king size mattress in our room! We won't be cosleeping (DH sleeps way too deeply for me to even consider it), but between two humans and two dogs, there is just not enough room in a queen size bed.

I've got 30 years on your DD, and I think 4 months is a long time to wait, too!

It's also a long time for me, but not in the same way it is for a 2 year old! It's a much larger portion of her life than it is ours.

I'm late on the circumcision discussion but we're definitely doing it and it's not up for discussion. It's personal and no one should be judged either way.

I am officially home in Boston!!! Moving is so stressful

We're definitely NOT doing a circumcision. We're not Jewish, so there's no religious reason to do it for us and there's no legitimate medical reason for it. It's just the unnecessary removal of a functional body part. Make your own choice, but this is what it factually is.

I think we would have just enough space in our room for a king sized bed, but we wouldn't be able to get it up the stairs!

LB-we will be doing it as well if it's a boy, basically I declared DH with the final say as he has a penis and would be teaching our son, he says yes. I can see both sides of the argument, but would never judge one for doing it or not!

We have a king size bed that barely fits but I love having all the space. I also have a ton of pillows. They help me sleep ;)

And onto lighter topics... Did everyone make contact with their Xmas gift buddy, anyone left out, anyone change minds etc, ie does anyone want me to buddy them up differently or are we all happily shopping for new friends in other countries!

I'm not even sure where some people are from! If I managed to pick people who live 2 houses down from each other or something then again let me know!

I'm in canada and got Frenchie in, ermmm well, France! So I've been trying to think of things unique to here. I did do some Xmas shopping yesterday whilst in the city as it was a chance to zip around without toddler support! We have DHs family coming (aargh) but I'm hoping that being 30 odd weeks preggers, working full time I will have every reason to have to just "go to bed early and rest!"

How's everyone else getting on in the run up to crazy season? I guess our US girls still have turkey day to go first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->