2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

I'm looking forward to shopping for my buddy! It'll be fun to buy something girly.

I don't have much Thanksgiving stress, thankfully. My brother is hosting, so we're just bringing a traditional Lithuanian potato dish, and traditionally the men have to grate all the potatoes, so it's DH's problem :) We do need to get some bacon curing tonight if we're going to use homemade, though.

We're hosting Christmas, though, so that'll be chaotic! Thankfully we have a small family and nobody will expect us to channel Martha Stewart. We still have to figure out where to put everything, including the tree, in our little house. We were out of town most of last December, so we just did a tiny tree, and the year before we had a more adjustable living room set up instead of a massive sectional. Oh well. We usually host Easter, and there's no way we'll want to do that next year, so I'm excited about Christmas.

Oh gosh your family food always makes me drool mrsk! Didn't you guys have some delicious potato thing ages ago which I had to google and dream of?! That feels like a lifetime ago doesn't it!

It might have been the same dish - kugelis? It's a kind of custardy casserole made with grated potatoes and bacon, served with sour cream. We Lithuanians take our potatoes seriously!

That was it! I NEED a kugeli or some kugelis or whatever those suckers come as!

I can dig up a recipe for you if you want. It's time consuming, but not actually difficult.

My sister in law sent over this massive bag of stuff. I can't wait to go through it! The nosy dog is a step ahead of me.

Attachments

• IMAG1481.jpg
    IMAG1481.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 10
I'm so used to the standard (full) size bed: when we were visiting family in the US, we slept in a king, and I felt like DH was so far away! I guess we could use a little more space now that I'm packing a pillow between my knees. I try not to wake DH every time I swing from right to left, but I know that I'm taking more than my allotted half of the bed!

My husband is too tall for standard beds. His arms and legs would dangle off the sides and end. He is 6'3.
So has anyone attended a blessingway? I will be going to one tonight. Im am excited.
As for gift shopping I got some things for the bump box but waiting on the after thansgiving sales here in the US to get it all.
Is anyone else having super sore nipples throughout the day? I found that hot showers seem to help but lordy do they feel like they are going to burst.

My husband is too tall for standard beds. His arms and legs would dangle off the sides and end. He is 6'3.
So has anyone attended a blessingway? I will be going to one tonight. Im am excited.
As for gift shopping I got some things for the bump box but waiting on the after thansgiving sales here in the US to get it all.
Is anyone else having super sore nipples throughout the day? I found that hot showers seem to help but lordy do they feel like they are going to burst.

Nope don't have that issue :p

I think I missed when people were told who their christmas buddy is, will have to read back and find it.

We're having a girl so circumcision isn't an issue for us but it wasn't necessary to have a discussion when we had the boys as it's not commonly done here unless for religious reasons or if there is an actual problem. Ear piercing will not be done until she is old enough to 1, ask for them and understand that it will hurt. And 2, be able to look after them properly. Mine were done when I was a baby and I obviously don't remember it but I can't imagine putting my child through unnecessary pain without it being their choice.

We don't have a kingsize bed, just a double but we're looking to get a kingsize after christmas hopefully. We're not planning to bed share - I'm too scared that I would roll onto the baby or something!

My nipples and breasts in general have been sore for most of this pregnancy, I never had this with the boys or with any of my losses. I did notice yesterday when I took my bra off though, that there were two patches in my bra which looked like I had leaked and then it had dried? Quite strange, as I haven't noticed them leaking but I have had white crusty bits on my nipples for months (sorry for the tmi!)

I think I missed when people were told who their christmas buddy is, will have to read back

Loozle you're with HopefulNL

If for any reason that doesn't work out PM me and we will make another plan :flower:

I wish people would give me a bag of clothes. :) the only family that has a child is a girl ans she still needs what she has. The rest are done having babies. Hence me running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the last 4 months. Thank god I have such an understanding hubby. So who had the 3D scan last night? Im excited to hear how it went.

I wish people would give me a bag of clothes. :) the only family that has a child is a girl ans she still needs what she has. The rest are done having babies. Hence me running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the last 4 months. Thank god I have such an understanding hubby. So who had the 3D scan last night? Im excited to hear how it went.

There is SO MUCH STUFF crammed into that bag! It's insane! It's all 6 months and bigger because they gave away his smaller things before I got pregnant, so I guess I'd better make a note on the registry that we have a lot of older baby things. Thankfully their taste is similar to ours, but I may pick through and donate a few things that I'm less likely to use just to have an excuse to buy more clothes ;) There are quite a few cloth diapers that they didn't like or that he's outgrown in there, too. I feel like I need to start sending them payments or something! But I guess I do spoil the crap out of my nephew and babysit for free, so I won't worry about it too much.

My nipples have been ok. I had a lot of breast soreness in the beginning, but it eased off. I have had a few painful moments when they get too cold, though - I had to get out of a really fun pool the first day of the cruise because the water was just too cold for my poor nipples.

I find that I've been getting full faster and staying full longer now. I wanted dessert last night, but there was nowhere to put it, even a couple hours after dinner. I hope this helps get the weight gain in check! My midwife wasn't concerned at my last appointment, but if I keep gaining at the rate I'm gaining, I'll size myself out of waterbirth.

25 weeks today! Definitely now realizing she's coming in 3ish months... eek!

ETA: those are my fingers, NOT my belly button!

Attachments

• 2014-11-21 11.06.22.jpg
    2014-11-21 11.06.22.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 16
Missfrick: beautiful baby bump. Glad you said it was your fingers because I automatically thought..wow belly button has popped. :D

Cute bump missfrick.

I am back from my 3D ultrasound and an evening out with my husband. We are happy to say we finally know what baby is going to be. I am happy to add another baby to team pink! :pink:
The ultrasound tech found it quite quickly. She showed us 3 little lines and tried to look around to see if anything was hiding. We got to see the face and baby moving. Her hands were by her face. A favourite place for them I guess. She turned around so at the end the tech looked again and got a really nice shot. We saw it, so I'm pretty confident that it's a girly in there. So happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->