2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Yeah Mrsk I was going to say the same thing. It's not so bad as she's been born nearer the end of the school year. I'm sure she will love having the same name as the princess though foosh. Glad the shots went OK

Thanks ladies, I hope you are right!

Has anyone else been really hormonal lately? Maybe it means AF will be back soon... I've cried at DH twice this week and it's Wednesday! Lol Both times it was out of frustration.

And...is anyone seriously trying to get off the baby weight yet? I keep hesitating because I'm BFing and I know I will need to cut out starches completely. I've limited my intake but I've stopped losing. :(

I'm just starting to think about baby weight. I don't want to take any risks with breastfeeding, it's only just getting easy! I'm starting out by just trying to not eat total crap all the time. I'm past the point where I can use the demanding baby as an excuse to only eat Doritos and Uncrustables ;) In a couple months maybe I'll go back to Weight Watchers.

I really need to start losing the baby weight. We have a wedding to go to in July and I really do not want to look like this, then. I have about a stone and a half to lose 😕. We're almost at the magic 3 months where the fat is supposed to melt away with breastfeeding. I suppose I should have a back up plan though in case that doesn't happen 😜. I'm thinking about doing slimming world.

UK ladies - who is voting today?

I've been hormonal for weeks still aha I find myself tearing up way more often.

I've been super lucky with my weight. With the breast feeding and the fact that this is my first and I was all bump, I've already lost all the weight I gained. My tummy isnt the same but under clothes it doesn't matter. I was really afraid of what pregnancy would do to my body. I'm sure you ladies look great. It hasn't been that long and they always make the point of saying how it took 9 months to go on.

I'm voting loozle :)

Not that I'm comparing the Kardashians to the royal family, but one of them named their daughter Penelope a couple months after DD was born. I was afraid that people would either think I got the name from a Kardashian or the name would become super popular. I guess neither is really relevant since we don't live in the US, but we might someday. Charlotte is a great name, and if it weren't for my SIL with the same name, I think that's what DD would have been called!

As for the election, DH has had Sky news on every night following what's going on. He's nostalgic since it was 5 years ago that we were last in the UK. He's a Brit-o-phile and he teaches a lot of political science in his classes. It certainly will be interesting to see how the cards fall.

I keep saying I'm going to eat better and try to lose weight but it's not really happening. George is now sleeping 8 hours at night so can't even use the excuse I'm too tired to cook properly anymore. Had George weighted yesterday. He's upto 13lb 11. Bang on what he should be. No real surprise as he loves his milk. I've been to vote. My sister is actually standing to be an MP so fingers crossed for her! Anyone that hasn't been yet you've got about 4 hours to go so get yourselves to the polling station!

You too, Foosh! I hope everyone had a good day. Alex took the baby and let me sleep til TWO!

Attachments

• i love mom.jpg
    i love mom.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4
Hello Everyone! I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day. My little girl is doing well and I finally have a moment to catch up here on BnB. I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I had Hinata. In some ways I feel like it was just a few weeks ago. The time just disappears so quickly. For some reason little one feels like she weighs a ton. She's either gained a lot in the last 2 weeks or my arms are getting in shape and it's soreness that makes her feel heavy. Today we broke out the tape measure and she is around 25 inches long now. I wonder how long it will take to get to a full meter. Both DH and I are tall so we're betting it could be before she turns one.
As for PPD, I haven't had any bad days really. The first week was the hardest. Once I started taking the encapsulated placenta pills I felt less crazy and the night sweats went away immediately the following day. DH is happy that I am back to my normal self and not crazy, lol. All I know is that I am not getting frustrated with him as much as I was at the end of my pregnancy, so I am happier now.
In regards to dropping weight, I have lost a little over 30 lbs since giving birth and I need to lose a ton more but I figure that it will come off in time. I just started walking again and trying my best to drink more water throughout the day. I need to cut out the sugar and juices soon. Hoping that will help. Though, honestly, I feel so hungry while I am feeding little one that I just eat whatever is nearby and convenient which isn't always the healthiest option. Maybe I need to keep a food diary again to help myself figure out what and when I am eating.
Anyone else still dealing with babies that sleep only 2-3 hours at a time? my little one has only had one occasion in which she slept for 4 hours but that was almost a month ago. And is anyone else's baby outgrowing the baby clothes quickly? Hinata is already wearing 3-6 month old onesies and outfits because she is too long in the torso for her 0-3 month clothes.

Mommasquirrel: James only slept for a couple hours (even at night) at first until we started swaddling him. Now he will sleep from 10pm-6am when he doesn't bust out of the swaddle. We have to snuggle/rock him after he's in the swaddle, so it wasn't instantly obvious that he liked it. He has also outgrown 0-3 month sizes because of the torso length. I have to roll up the sleeves and pants on the larger sizes, but they're just right in the crotchal region.

I'm afraid we'll be in 6 month sleepers soon. This guy just won't stop growing! I took a good look at him in his bassinet this morning and I was shocked at how long he is. Amazing how fast they grow, no wonder they're always starving.

C has done 5 hour stretches but usually it is 3, she even did a 7 hour stretch once. It is improving slightly and occasionally we get a good stretch but it is usually 3-4 hour stretches.

She also just recently moved into 0-3 stuff (it is big on her but the nb stuff was getting too short or tight) and she is 9 weeks.

Eta: I just noticed Liam & Charlotte were born the same day!

C has done 5 hour stretches but usually it is 3, she even did a 7 hour stretch once. It is improving slightly and occasionally we get a good stretch but it is usually 3-4 hour stretches.

She also just recently moved into 0-3 stuff (it is big on her but the nb stuff was getting too short or tight) and she is 9 weeks.

Eta: I just noticed Liam & Charlotte were born the same day!

Haha and sounds like they following same growth aswell

We had a good sleeper on our hands. The last little while has been tough. It's like since her first wonder week she doesn't sleep the same. Some times she wakes up a few times and goes to sleep well, but some times nothing I do seems to calm her down or she just has a lot of energy. It's hard when it's the middle of the night. This morning she didn't like anything I did, was a cranky little baby. She has also been making more noise when sleeping. I was snuggling her in bed before we got up for the day, and she was sleeping but stretching and making a lot of grunting type sounds almost the whole time.

C had really bad gas with lots of grunting from 6 to 8 weeks. I cut out almost all dairy during the 6th week and it has since improved. The doc said gas is normal around that time since the digestive system is finishing off development. But I've been too scared to add dairy back as I know it upset DS when he was a baby, so I'm worried we will start having crappy nights again.

C has slept 2 nights in her own room with a feed at 10, then 3:30, then another at 7. Not bad as I normally would go to sleep after 10 anyway.

J hit a big milestone too, he has stopped wearing bedtime undies (that's what we called his overnight pull up diapers). He has had mostly dry nights for awhile but then would have an accident but he has been dry for a month so he started going "free willy" as of Monday night! So proud of him!

Dh has mentioned moving G into his own room but I don't want to yet. I love having him close by. When I wake in the night I just lean over an peak on him. I'm kind of thinking there's no need for him to be on his own yet. He thinks the earlier we do it the easier it'll be on G. What do you all think?

I'm not moving Teddy til I have to. I think it'll be easier on him if he's slightly more independent (he's a very clingy baby), and easier on me when he's reliably sleeping through and when he's past the biggest SIDS risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->