2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

First babies are always special:cloud9: Twins would be awesome too!!

If I were having twins, I'd be terrified, but at the same time, my girls are closer to each other in age so twins would at least have each other if the older two didn't include them.

I am the youngest of three. 3 years from the middle sibling and she is 18 months apart from the oldest. I got excluded a lot growing up. Picked on too.

Thanks guys :) I'm sure it will all work out... Stupid hormones...

Bookity:hugs:

It'll all work out :) I wonder about twins, have had 3 pregnancies start as twins, but I would rather not! I already have 5 kids and mine come early, last 3 have been 2 months early so can only imagine how twins would go:nope:

My first scan is bright & early tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous & I know I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight! Ahhhhhh. I'll only be 5 weeks tomorrow, so there's not a very good chance that I'll see the heartbeat, right?

Wow, I haven't been on the board much in the last week. I was pretty anxious waiting for my u/s due to my history of early losses, so I stayed away for a bit. Now I can't even begin to catch up!

So, I had my ultrasound today and got good news! Baby measured 7 weeks, 1 day, and the heart rate was 122. Everything was looking good. :) After all the losses I've had, I was steeling myself for bad news and not letting myself get excited, but now I can relax somewhat.

Congrats on an excellent scan. There is something so calming about seeing that heatbeat flutter away for the first time xx
Mine is on Thursday and I am the same as you, so worried that something will go wrong.

i bought the bugaboo chameleon 3 in navy blue with pink wheels so will work for boy or girl. Also planning to baby wear. Will use a simple cotton cloth to baby wear at home (my culture's way of baby wearing) and plan to use an Ergo to baby wear outside at needed. DH actually fancies baby wearing with the Ergo so I think he'll probably get more use out of it than me.

I had an abdominal scan at 6 weeks 1 day and baby heartbeat was flickering on screen (measured but couldn't actually hear it at that point). I think it really depends - some folks only need abdominal scans while others may need the vaginal scans. Either method doesn't really matter as long as we see the heartbeat!

oh girls! I got stung by a wasp tonight on my back! It hurt SOOOOO BAD! I can not remember the last time I got stung! I'm a professional photographer & had an outdoor photosession tonight & apparently a wasp didn't like me taking pictures in one area- he was gaurding it with a vengence! I don't think I'll be able to sleep on my back tonight! :nope:

I like a stretchy wrap for a newborn. Moby/Boba/make your own. You can prewrap what's called a "front wrap cross carry" and pop baby in and out as needed without untying. (It's also pretty good for nursing in if you intend to.)

After they're about 3 months old, a stretchy wrap won't really cut it anymore. They're useless after about 15 lbs. (This is why I always recommend getting a used stretchy. They cost a lot less and they aren't used that long.) I used a Mei Tai for my daughter that I bought for about $20 on Ebay.

When she hit 9/10 months old and I wanted to do more back carries, I went for a "soft structured carrier" or SSC. I personally have a Lillebaby. Lillebaby claims they can go from newborn to 35 lbs or so, but I'm not comfy with a newborn. I'm just weird. But a good SSC will allow you to front carry, hip carry, and back carry. I got my Lillebaby off Zulilly for $70 or so, but a good SSC will generally run you $100 or so.

Another great option that works from newborn to toddler is a plain wrap. They are generally woven linens that can be tied in a multitude of ways from newborn to toddler age. They allow for front, hip, and back carries too. You can get relatively inexpensive ones (Little Frog tends to be an inexpensive yet quality one) all the way up to several hundred dollars for some of the more brand names. But a wrap is a very versatile way to carry baby.

Avoid things like Infantino and Bjorn. They're called "crotch danglers" and can be dangerous for a baby's hips if your baby is prone to hip dysplagia. It's generally not a good idea to face baby outward. It's awkward for your back, baby's back, and baby can get overwhelmed quickly. If baby wants to look out, a hip carry is usually best.

If you want to hip carry, you can get a ring sling. These go over one shoulder and under baby butt/hips. They're great for toddlers that want up/down/up/down/up/down and drive you bonkers if you have to reclip/retye/whatever.

That said, babywearing can easily be like cloth diapering. There are bargain and budget options that work very well in almost all cases (be careful on SSC's, the buckles on cheap options can be bad) but you can also find yourself spending hundreds of dollars on beautiful wraps and SSC's. Depends on what you want.

So, for me, I went stretchy to Mei Tai, to SSC. We still use our SSC for things like hiking and she's a 28lb 2 year old. Totally worth it, IMO.

Great advice!

I will be using my boba again and my beco Gemini after that. I need to figure out how to breast feed in he carrier this time... I never managed it with my first. We will need a double stroller but I don't think I will worry about it until the baby is out of he baby wearing stage.

Is anyone getting the little flutters yet? I think its too early but I honestly dont think this is gas.

Is anyone getting the little flutters yet? I think its too early but I honestly dont think this is gas.

i actually think it is early but i did feel something it could be just stuff shifting

i actually think it is early but i did feel something it could be just stuff shifting

Yeah its weird its always on one side of my stomach. I figured as much but ive been so observant and nervous lately. Ive been having cramping / pulling feeling mainly on one side so its got me nervous just wondering if everything's ok. I have a history of having dermoid tumors and it just freaks me out. I only have one ovary and id like to keep it along with not have another surgery while pregnant.

The gas is so killing me tonight! I swear if it's not coming from one end, it come out the other. Yes I know tmi, but sore boobs, hair falling out, being cranky and having horrible gas is so not the business! On the upside, my skin looks fantastic! (For now.) How is everyone feeling?

This is baby #3 for me and I swear I have felt "something" over the last few days. I know it's not gas or stretching. The logical part of my brain says no way but I don't know what else it could be!

Thank you for that menelly! I'll definitely look for a stretchy wrap to start with, and I guess lots of practice to get it right.

Good luck to those having scans!

I booked today off work to go to ds1's sports day at school, but he was sick last night so he can't go to school, bless him. Looks like a day indoors for us, and hopefully he can go to school tomorrow as it's my last day at work tomorrow before the summer break!
I've got my first antenatal appointment on Thursday, which is quite exciting! If I remember rightly, there's quite a few of us with appointments on the same day. Then on Friday we're off to Butlins for the weekend with my sil and nephew. The boys are so excited!
What are everyone else's plans for the week?

3 hours until my scan... Eeek! :wacko:

How fabulous. Update us when you can!!!

I was going to ask a similar question to people having their 2nd + baby. Mine feels like pops but more like my uterus attempting to 'reinflate'!!

Thank you for that menelly! I'll definitely look for a stretchy wrap to start with, and I guess lots of practice to get it right.

Good luck to those having scans!

I booked today off work to go to ds1's sports day at school, but he was sick last night so he can't go to school, bless him. Looks like a day indoors for us, and hopefully he can go to school tomorrow as it's my last day at work tomorrow before the summer break!
I've got my first antenatal appointment on Thursday, which is quite exciting! If I remember rightly, there's quite a few of us with appointments on the same day. Then on Friday we're off to Butlins for the weekend with my sil and nephew. The boys are so excited!
What are everyone else's plans for the week?

I am also off work today, yay! 3 day week at work for me. Our daughter has been at my parents for a few days so im going to pick her up. My in laws look after Lucie whilst we work so when they go on holiday we either take leave or my parents have her. Have a fab time at Butlins!! x

Good luck to everyone having scans.

The bleeding got heavier yesterday so off to the doctors this morning but it looks like baby has gone, we are devastated.

Happy and healthy 9 months to you all. X x :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"